Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is what makes this worse, and I am using over the cap for this:

Kelvin Beachum-- $9,500,000 cap hit
    Kelechi Osemele-- $10,200,000 cap hit
    Ryan Kalil-- $8,400,000 cap hit
    Brian Winters-- $6,500,000 cap hit
    Brandon Shell-- $2,083,992 cap hit

Total spent on your starting 5 offensive lineman-- $36,683,992

So it isn't like you are being cheap with your o-line and you could send every one of them to the unemployment line. The Jets quite frankly, need an entirely new offensive line come season's end.
    Agreed but remember, Kalil and Beachum are done with their deals to that's 18 mil off the books.
    I like Osemele. Like MrX said, he's a beast. He will beat up people. He will be ok for pass protection.
    Worst case, he could be released next year for no penalty (11). So could winters (6.5)and the wonderful CB, Roberts (6)
    So that's another 22 mil.

I do think Winters and Shell are decent linemen. They would look much better if they had 3 good linemen. Even better if they were in the rotation as your 6 and 7th guys.

Also, we will have 46 mil next year. That does't include the 20+ we can roll over. So if we roll that all over and get rid of those 3 guys?
    We will have roughly 90 mil. Mac didn't draft well but he kept the books in good shape.

Even if we keep those 3, we should still have 66 mil. 2, 14 mil a year OL brings us to 28. We'd still have 40 to secure guys we wanted to resign and get a CB or edge guy or both.

The thing we all forget is that none of us thought we'd be a contender for another couple years. I think we are in good shape.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed but remember, Kalil and Beachum are done with their deals to that's 18 mil off the books.
    I like Osemele. Like MrX said, he's a beast. He will beat up people. He will be ok for pass protection.
    Worst case, he could be released next year for no penalty (11). So could winters (6.5)and the wonderful CB, Roberts (6)
    So that's another 22 mil.

I do think Winters and Shell are decent linemen. They would look much better if they had 3 good linemen. Even better if they were in the rotation as your 6 and 7th guys.

Also, we will have 46 mil next year. That does't include the 20+ we can roll over. So if we roll that all over and get rid of those 3 guys?
    We will have roughly 90 mil. Mac didn't draft well but he kept the books in good shape.

Even if we keep those 3, we should still have 66 mil. 2, 14 mil a year OL brings us to 28. We'd still have 40 to secure guys we wanted to resign and get a CB or edge guy or both.

The thing we all forget is that none of us thought we'd be a contender for another couple years. I think we are in good shape.
    Excellent point.
    We criticize Mac alot but keeping money available was a stroke of genius thay actually set Douglas up with a chance to make moves next year.

I believe we are in for some good times, minus this whole mono and Gase (seat not hot but probably plugged in and warming up) thing.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Clay, I also have to wonder if the fact that they played together, gives them a different trust and comfort. Sam knows his strengths and weaknesses and Edoga wants to protect him for more reasons than a paycheck.

Just a thought.

Whatever the reason, this is looking like Mac's best draft and a nice parting gift.
    DT
    OT
    ILB
    TE (Wesco has done some nice things)

All those guys are big contributors so far.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Clay, I also have to wonder if the fact that they played together, gives them a different trust and comfort. Sam knows his strengths and weaknesses and Edoga wants to protect him for more reasons than a paycheck.

Just a thought.

Whatever the reason, this is looking like Mac's best draft and a nice parting gift.
    DT
    OT
    ILB
    TE (Wesco has done some nice things)

All those guys are big contributors so far.
    Could be, but Mac should have been doing this from day one. They still need a Center, LT/RT and a guard.
    his what Douglas is supposed to be good at. Now earn your paycheck.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Alex Lewis is credited with giving up 1 pressure in the past 2 games.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

Sources: #Jets G Kelechi Osemele is having surgery to repair his shoulder. Rough news for a team coming off its first win. This dates back to the issues that first popped up a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

Sources: #Jets G Kelechi Osemele is having surgery to repair his shoulder. Rough news for a team coming off its first win. This dates back to the issues that first popped up a few weeks ago.
    Another wasted draft pick.

Kyle Fahey@KyleFaheyNFL
    The Jets offensive line is the worst in the NFL. 32nd in Pass protection and 30th in Run blocking, no wonder Sam and Leveon are having bad years! Article coming soon on this.

Kyle Fahey@KyleFaheyNFL
    The Jets offensive line is the worst in the NFL. 32nd in Pass protection and 30th in Run blocking, no wonder Sam and Leveon are having bad years! Article coming soon on this.
    We don't need an article for that. We can see it, Darnold needs to be benched, no QB can survive this. All we are doing is destroying his confidence, developing his bad habits, killing his footwork, and making him question his decisions. The media is on him, the fans will turn, and the jets will be back to square 1.

He should be benched for this injuries and not played until we have a better line.

Kyle Fahey@KyleFaheyNFL
    I don’t like Trent Williams’ age, but he’d be a nice pickup if we can get a deal where we can cut him after 2-3 years
    But as I’ve said multiple times, this draft should be all about the oline...only player that should be considered that doesn’t play oline is Chase Young

Our Offensive line is offensive

My feeling is that there will be 3-4 new lineman next season.

From your lips to God's ear.

I hear Adam Gase’s offense doesn’t need offensive linemen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast