Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't buy that. Did they focus more and more on the young guys, yes. Were the other guys good enough for maybe 2 or 3 wins, sure, but that's it and that's not a drastic difference.

I guess this all comes down to how much of a believer you were last year in the players on the roster. I didn't believe in any. I thought it was pretty clear, even before the season started, that they'd be the worst team in the league. It didn't matter who the coach was. Many of us were predicting this from the moment KP tore his ACL.

This year, I'm thinking that some of the young players will take a step forward and that they'll win 27-30 games. However, if that does not happen, 24 games would not shock me at all. This team has depth, but not top end talent...at least not realized. It's very easy to see how they are still one of the worse teams in the league unless one of the young guys steps up in a big way. It won't be because of Gibson, Ellington, or Bullock.

so in your estimate then because we are not far off in our thinking here give or take a win or two lol

What would have to happen for Fiz to do a bad job or are you saying this year is a complete pass?

Probably for the other thread I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    so in your estimate then because we are not far off in our thinking here give or take a win or two lol

What would have to happen for Fiz to do a bad job or are you saying this year is a complete pass?

Probably for the other thread I would say.
    It's more of what you see from a coaching standpoint than W/L. Personally, I don't think he should be on the hot seat either way. This just isn't a great situation right now. There's hope for the future, but little for right now. The Sixers stuck with Brett Brown and the Nets stuck with Atkinson and they both are reaping the benefits. We just need some patience and honesty about the current state of the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It's more of what you see from a coaching standpoint than W/L. Personally, I don't think he should be on the hot seat either way. This just isn't a great situation right now. There's hope for the future, but little for right now. The Sixers stuck with Brett Brown and the Nets stuck with Atkinson and they both are reaping the benefits. We just need some patience and honesty about the current state of the Knicks.

okay but his first year coaching with 20 wins the only player was Lopez and he wasn't shooting three's back then.

Bogs just in year 2 scored 14 pts
    Kilpatrick?

Jefferson was in year one and scored 8 points they were horrible.

they tried Booker, Lin, Foye, Bennet, and Scola , these were players that just weren't going to produce. And yet won 20 games, terrible but his first year with nothing to work with. Like Fiz getting 17 wins.

The next year added Carroll, traded Russell for their best player in Lopez, and Russell put up DSJ stats and yet that team won 28 games?

If you take Randle vs Carroll
    DSJ vs that years Russell
    Crabbe scoring 13 points vs almost anyone, , Trier, Dotson, Ellington, name them
    Dinwiddie that season at 13/6 vs Payton
    Jefferson who can't shoot a lick vs Morris or Knox
    LeVert at 12/4 vs RJ
    allen at 8/5 vs Mitch

And Nets had no one else, and Knicks still have Bullock, Portis, Frank, Ellington, Iggy, Taj

I'm honestly looking at this more and more, and that nets team won 28 games and this Knicks team is better, and you give Atkinson lots of credit.

Sorry Smood the more I look at the evidence if Knicks in a much worse East than back then when even Lebron was in the East, the Knicks should at min meet their 27 wins that the entire NBA world is predicting which is low.

This Knicks team has depth that will pull out a few games, this team has enough depth that Fiz has the luxury of going with the hot hand and this roster has guys that can get hot.

It's important he coach's for development but this team should not be in the very low 20's in wins this season because now you are taking it back to Atkinson's first year with no talent what so ever and no depth.

He has to coach, and he has to make this roster win, at not win even close to .500 but no win 20 game either.

Man that nets roster won 28 games, not sure how these Knicks can't do that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123