Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 4: Washington at Giants, Sunday 1pm ET

Now letís see what the kid can do when defense have some tape on him.

Well there is plenty of tape available on him from college and the pre season. So, tape is out there. But, I'm sure schemes will change based on his abilities as time goes on

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

With Gallman our main RB and really no one to back him up, DC will be playing 5-6 DBs for Jones to navigate.

Theyíre gonna have to pick up a RB, either from the practice squad or some unsigned FA.

Defensive schemes will now have to prepare for a QB that can run. The Giants should get Slayton even more reps to keep secondaries honest. His downfield speed is unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Theyíre gonna have to pick up a RB, either from the practice squad or some unsigned FA.

Defensive schemes will now have to prepare for a QB that can run. The Giants should get Slayton even more reps to keep secondaries honest. His downfield speed is unique.

Agree. I have no idea if John Hillman on the practice squad is any good. Alfred Morris was recently cut from the Cowboys

The thing that impressed me with Jones is he didn't fold under the pressure. He needs to protect the ball better and he throws it way too high at times, but he definitely did not look phased by the spotlight

Barkley is out for (mostly) eight weeks. Huge blow. That said, I do think Danny can handle the Skins. Redskins and Vikings give the Giants a chance to get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Barkley is out for (mostly) eight weeks. Huge blow. That said, I do think Danny can handle the Skins. Redskins and Vikings give the Giants a chance to get back into it.
    Washington should be a winnable game, but unless I'm missing something, Vikings should be far from it.

I'm happy to see Slay was able to fix the drops issue out of college. He can be a huge weapon. I was not confident in his ability to fix it. But boy, I am glad I was super wrong.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I think Week 4 will be Daniel Jones vs. Dwyane Haskins. Washington will be 0-3 after tonight's Bears game. Why not move to the rookie against a pretty soft Giants defense?

Washington will have a decent pass rush, but they're the relative easiest defense the Giants will see in the 4-game stretch of Tampa, Washington, Minnesota, and New England. Even without Saquon Barkley, I think the Giants can put up enough points to win the game. Just have to keep Jones upright and the opportunities will be there.

If it is Haskins, this is the week for the Giants defense to finally have a good 4 quarters. If we can escape the 1st quarter of the season 2-2, that's a fabulous result.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'm happy to see Slay was able to fix the drops issue out of college. He can be a huge weapon. I was not confident in his ability to fix it. But boy, I am glad I was super wrong.

Heís a total game changer for this offense. He really extends the field with his speed and could open up a lot of room in the mid range game which is Jonesí wheelhouse.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    This is a great opportunity for Gallman to be the featured RB. I think he and Penny could both be solid check down backs. I think Alfred Morris would be a good fit for added depth.

But yeah, we just need to audition for a reliable back up to Barkley....the Barkley injury tells us we need a one two punch going forward....like Jacobs-Bradshaw.

Don' t rush this kid back...if were out of late....i'd just sit out the rest of the year.

I think one of the few teams worst than us are the Redskin. So we should win this game

I'm still not so sure the Giants are a bad overall football team.

The offense obviously has talent - even with Saquon injured they have weapons and Jones has added a new element of life into that side of the ball.

The defense has played terrible so far. But it's not a defense that lacks talent. It's just really young and this is a group that has just started playing together.

If the offense can actually win some games for the team, I can see the D picking it up and making this season a lot more fun. I'm definitely nowhere near ready to say this team can't compete in 2019.

So all in all this is a trap game to us??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast