Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    47,401

    Week 4: Washington at Giants, Sunday 1pm ET

    Now letís see what the kid can do when defense have some tape on him.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    32,622
    Well there is plenty of tape available on him from college and the pre season. So, tape is out there. But, I'm sure schemes will change based on his abilities as time goes on

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,190
    With Gallman our main RB and really no one to back him up, DC will be playing 5-6 DBs for Jones to navigate.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,644
    Theyíre gonna have to pick up a RB, either from the practice squad or some unsigned FA.

    Defensive schemes will now have to prepare for a QB that can run. The Giants should get Slayton even more reps to keep secondaries honest. His downfield speed is unique.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Theyíre gonna have to pick up a RB, either from the practice squad or some unsigned FA.

    Defensive schemes will now have to prepare for a QB that can run. The Giants should get Slayton even more reps to keep secondaries honest. His downfield speed is unique.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. I have no idea if John Hillman on the practice squad is any good. Alfred Morris was recently cut from the Cowboys

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,455
    The thing that impressed me with Jones is he didn't fold under the pressure. He needs to protect the ball better and he throws it way too high at times, but he definitely did not look phased by the spotlight

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    438
    Barkley is out for (mostly) eight weeks. Huge blow. That said, I do think Danny can handle the Skins. Redskins and Vikings give the Giants a chance to get back into it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Barkley is out for (mostly) eight weeks. Huge blow. That said, I do think Danny can handle the Skins. Redskins and Vikings give the Giants a chance to get back into it.
    Washington should be a winnable game, but unless I'm missing something, Vikings should be far from it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    32,622
    I'm happy to see Slay was able to fix the drops issue out of college. He can be a huge weapon. I was not confident in his ability to fix it. But boy, I am glad I was super wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,636
    I think Week 4 will be Daniel Jones vs. Dwyane Haskins. Washington will be 0-3 after tonight's Bears game. Why not move to the rookie against a pretty soft Giants defense?

    Washington will have a decent pass rush, but they're the relative easiest defense the Giants will see in the 4-game stretch of Tampa, Washington, Minnesota, and New England. Even without Saquon Barkley, I think the Giants can put up enough points to win the game. Just have to keep Jones upright and the opportunities will be there.

    If it is Haskins, this is the week for the Giants defense to finally have a good 4 quarters. If we can escape the 1st quarter of the season 2-2, that's a fabulous result.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,644
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'm happy to see Slay was able to fix the drops issue out of college. He can be a huge weapon. I was not confident in his ability to fix it. But boy, I am glad I was super wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Heís a total game changer for this offense. He really extends the field with his speed and could open up a lot of room in the mid range game which is Jonesí wheelhouse.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    11,006
    This is a great opportunity for Gallman to be the featured RB. I think he and Penny could both be solid check down backs. I think Alfred Morris would be a good fit for added depth.

    But yeah, we just need to audition for a reliable back up to Barkley....the Barkley injury tells us we need a one two punch going forward....like Jacobs-Bradshaw.

    Don' t rush this kid back...if were out of late....i'd just sit out the rest of the year.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,455
    I think one of the few teams worst than us are the Redskin. So we should win this game

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,644
    I'm still not so sure the Giants are a bad overall football team.

    The offense obviously has talent - even with Saquon injured they have weapons and Jones has added a new element of life into that side of the ball.

    The defense has played terrible so far. But it's not a defense that lacks talent. It's just really young and this is a group that has just started playing together.

    If the offense can actually win some games for the team, I can see the D picking it up and making this season a lot more fun. I'm definitely nowhere near ready to say this team can't compete in 2019.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,340
    So all in all this is a trap game to us??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •