Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    couldn't watch the game up here. From what I'm reading, drops galore again, QB pressure again, and again a lack of run game. I'm really happy Rosen started, and he had 0 turnovers . . . huge for this kid's confidence. I think he knows he's dropping dimes for his WR to catch, they just aren't making plays. X owned by Cooper? How? Were they playing a soft zone or something?

OL is embarrassing. Even if Tunsil were still here, we'd still be in trouble.

Oh well, on to LAC

I saw most of the second and third quarters and missed the beginning of each. Caught a little action in the 4th as well. I was outside enjoying a really nice day and I refuse to plan my whole day around this team, plus I watched some KC as I really enjoy watching Mahomes as much a Rodgers, so here's what I saw:

I think this was a a good or even very good outing for Rosen considering what he has to work with. Great arm and accuracy is really good when you consider the pressure in the second half and the lack of chemistry with receivers at this point. I think he navigates traffic in the crumbling pocket very well, keeping eyes downfield and sliding while keeping his triangle high and ready to throw. Makes some good throws on the run. Maybe it is the atrocious QB play I have been watching the past 7 years, but I still think he can be a very good QB in this league. I hope it's for us.

I think Williams needs to hang onto the ball or he will end up being Parker II. Parker is what he is at this point. He will wow us a few times this year but he will drops balls and not fight for the ball as well as Williams. Keep Williams next year and see how he develops the finer points of his game, like knowing where his feet are as he catches and holding the ball once he has his hands on it. May or may not change.

Ballage falls down in a stiff breeze. I'd look at giving one of the other RB's more of his carries.

William's is having plenty of issues dropping the ball but I still think hes better than Parker has been. At least hes consistently making the big catches. But these WR drops are a major issue.

The run game is super concerning. Drake is still good but hes not going to overcome these issues. And at this point it feels pointless to play Ballage. Hes supposed to be a physical freak but runs like hes terrified to be hit. Give me some Walton or Liard and see what they can do.

The way X played today makes me worried that hes next on the trade block. Espcially now that the Ramsey trade might be dead. He just looked tired today.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    William's is having plenty of issues dropping the ball but I still think hes better than Parker has been. At least hes consistently making the big catches. But these WR drops are a major issue.

The run game is super concerning. Drake is still good but hes not going to overcome these issues. And at this point it feels pointless to play Ballage. Hes supposed to be a physical freak but runs like hes terrified to be hit. Give me some Walton or Liard and see what they can do.

The way X played today makes me worried that hes next on the trade block. Espcially now that the Ramsey trade might be dead. He just looked tired today.
    I don't think Williams consistently caught anything today, but I agree with what you say about Ballage. He reminds me of Lamar Gordon who we traded a 3rd or 4th to the Rams for years ago.

Its disappointing that Ballage is playing this way. Our OL is not helping any matters, but damn, at least lower the shoulder lol. I'd love to see Laird get some playing time now. Rosen did provide the spark the team needed though.

I need to see Gesicki get involved more in the passing game. Rosen needs to have someone with hands catch the damn ball. Clearly he favors Williams, but he should start trying to work with Gesicki as much as possible. Why not put Gesicki as a slot WR? or boundary WR? the guy has the size to be damn good. He can't block, so don't make him. Put him at WR over Grant or Parker or effing Hurns!

They basically are doing that with Geiscki. He didnt line up for a single pass block yesterday. Hes getting open down the field but they just arent hitting him. I think hes doing well in the role, but the targets he saw yesterday were in a position where he fails which are the short rub routes because hes not going to make anyone miss or break a tackle.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12