Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Mets @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Maybe they've tuned him out and his tenure has run its course in Chicago. Would still take him as a manager over Callaway.
    Madden did his best to lose the 2016 World Series. Might have been the single worst handling of a bullpen in post season history. The Cubs won in spite of him.

I dont want him managing the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Madden did his best to lose the 2016 World Series. Might have been the single worst handling of a bullpen in post season history. The Cubs won in spite of him.

I dont want him managing the Mets.
    Who do you want...

If youre talking about bullpen management Girardi is my first choice then id take Maddon but Edgardo Alfonzo is out there and he comes cheap af and no one will be mad at the choice.

But... if it goes anything like this year its brodies ***. So does he care about perception and the spotlight still being on him?
    We'll see how intense the back pages are this off season. Girardi. Just ****ing do it you goddamn bonehead!

54 Deep Into the Night

Mets @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Maybe they've tuned him out and his tenure has run its course in Chicago. Would still take him as a manager over Callaway.
    Cubs fans have been questioning his in-game moves and frantic to toss him. Why would it be any different in NY?

Better players make for better managers bc they perform when called upon more often as well as put the manager in fewer game-critical situations. Its win-win for the mgr when players perform and lose-lose when they dont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-23-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Who do you want...

If youre talking about bullpen management Girardi is my first choice then id take Maddon but Edgardo Alfonzo is out there and he comes cheap af and no one will be mad at the choice.

But... if it goes anything like this year its brodies ***. So does he care about perception and the spotlight still being on him?
    We'll see how intense the back pages are this off season. Girardi. Just ****ing do it you goddamn bonehead!

54 Deep Into the Night
    Stop talking about Girardi. The Mets do not want someone who will resent front office interference. Girardi is a baseball lifer who doesn't want to be told by Brodie the Child which players to play and when. Not saying he wouldn't take the job if offered. Of course he would.

But he is as likely to be offered the job as Wally Backman. Not happenin.

Who do I want?

Me. I want them to hire me. Short of that, I'll take anyone who isn't Mickey or Madden. Worst postseason bullpen manager in baseball history.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Stop talking about Girardi. The Mets do not want someone who will resent front office interference. Girardi is a baseball lifer who doesn't want to be told by Brodie the Child which players to play and when. Not saying he wouldn't take the job if offered. Of course he would.

But he is as likely to be offered the job as Wally Backman. Not happenin.

Who do I want?

Me. I want them to hire me. Short of that, I'll take anyone who isn't Mickey or Madden. Worst postseason bullpen manager in baseball history.
    They should hire you. You deserve to have phil regans life. Hes going to the DR this off season and taking players with him. Id love to see you in the game at 82.

Anyway, Maddon wouldnt be much different than Girardi. Idk what youre thinking. Maddon runs the show and one of the last managers to be that way. Girardi worked with Cashman for years and is very much into analytics. I can see Maddon giving them more trouble.

Well, it sounds like Edgardo it is.

...Girardi

They should hire you. You deserve to have phil regans life. Hes going to the DR this off season and taking players with him. Id love to see you in the game at 82.

Anyway, Maddon wouldnt be much different than Girardi. Idk what youre thinking. Maddon runs the show and one of the last managers to be that way. Girardi worked with Cashman for years and is very much into analytics. I can see Maddon giving them more trouble.

Well, it sounds like Edgardo it is.

...Girardi
    Right. They're not hiring Maddon either.

I'd love Edgardo Alfonzo!!!! Now you're talking!!!!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Honestly, I think the Mets have a better shot of catching the Nationals than the Brewers at this point. They play the Phillies for 5 games and then the Indians. They could go 2-6 if they blow some games. They’ve been wildly inconsistent.

They would finish 87-75.

For the Brewers to finish 87-75, they would need to go 1-5 over their last 6 games, and I just don’t see it the way they’ve been going against the teams they will be facing.

The Mets need to at minimum go 6-1. Which means they need to sweep the Marlins and take 2/3 from the Braves. If they can somehow win all 7 games, they can definitely sneak in and play a tie-breaker or something.
    Our magic number is 4 with Nationals and 3 with Brewers. So definitely rooting against the Nationals harder.

Right. They're not hiring Maddon either.

I'd love Edgardo Alfonzo!!!! Now you're talking!!!!
    You know how much I love a fighter. As long as whoever we get is a ****ing MAN, im cool with it. No more of this lovey dovey understanding ******** that clouds judgement. I dont know anything about Alfonzos style. Do your homework on him and report back to me.

54 Deep Into the Night

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Our magic number is 4 with Nationals and 3 with Brewers. So definitely rooting against the Nationals harder.
    Please do not confuse the tragic number, which we have, with the magic number, which we do not have.

Tragic number: Number of opponents wins and your losses result in your elimination.

Magic number: Your wins and their losses that results to clinching a playoff spot.

Two entirely diff things.

If we had a magic number we'd be much more excited right now.

You know how much I love a fighter. As long as whoever we get is a ****ing MAN, im cool with it. No more of this lovey dovey understanding ******** that clouds judgement. I dont know anything about Alfonzos style. Do your homework on him and report back to me.

54 Deep Into the Night
    Enough.

Enough.

I wanted to compare notes.
    I also just wanted to boss you around. Now I know, it wasnt as good for you as it was for me.
    Still, GIRARDI <3

Please dont be a grump.

54 Deep Into the Night

Please do not confuse the tragic number, which we have, with the magic number, which we do not have.

Tragic number: Number of opponents wins and your losses result in your elimination.

Magic number: Your wins and their losses that results to clinching a playoff spot.

Two entirely diff things.

If we had a magic number we'd be much more excited right now.
    Fine our tragic number is 4 against the Nationals and 3 against the Brewers. So we have higher shot catching Nats

I wanted to compare notes.
    I also just wanted to boss you around. Now I know, it wasnt as good for you as it was for me.
    Still, GIRARDI <3

Please dont be a grump.

54 Deep Into the Night
    https://youtu.be/2TvjR3rcpk8

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617