Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Hey Chong,

    Don't take this wrong, truly, I'm honestly not trying to pick on you, but their top pick Oliver hasn't done anything to date. The narrative out there suggests that he has. To illustrate that, consider the following;

    Oliver’s only in on 62.5% of the snap counts on D indicates that the coaching staff is also seeing that he’s not playing at a level commensurate with his 9th overall and “best DT in the draft” status. If he were he'd be in on no fewer than 80% of snaps

    The two Phillipses have 70.5% combined, only 8% more, and also combined have:

    2 passes defenses to Oliver’s 1
    1.5 sacks to Oliver’s none
    2 tackles-for-loss to Oliver’s 0
    4 QB Hits to Oliver’s 1 (Note: Oliver’s was on that play where we rushed 6 to 5 blockers and he got thru unblocked, he’s beaten no one for anything significant)
    9 combined tackles, 6 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles to Oliver’s 5/3/2.

    Oliver has 87 snaps, the Phillipses have 98. Neither Phillips has been regarded nearly as highly as Oliver has.

    Oliver’s underperforming in a big way.

    As to Knox, he's got 5 catches, one of which was his 49-yarder on Sunday, the other 4 have gone for a total of 37 yards, fewer than 10 ypr. On his lone TD he was WIDE open more by play design than by skill. Same for that deep throw for 49, the D simply ignored him for some reason. So my point is that he's not making plays in traffic by any measure, quite the opposite, kind of like Oliver's only big play being on being completely unblocked while whifffing on what should have been an easy sack for a QB Hit instead due to poor tackling technique.

    Knox is tied for the lowest catch % on the team.

    Having said that, I'm not at all impressed with this draft class at this pointa and it leads, for me anyway, to serious questions as to their methodologies. The fact that Lotulolei's snaps are going down doesn't say much for their biggest acquisition in their inaugural season either.

    Just sayin', and to challenge narratives.
    So our rookie DE has less counting stats than our 2 stud DL who play more snaps than him combined... that is a ridiculous thing to compare and proves nothing.
    We have a very deep team and rookies are having to earn their play time. It’s a good thing. I know we are not use to it, but it’s called good drafting and developing.
    If you watch closer, the Phillips’s have been killing it out there. I can’t believe you’re finding a way to spin that into a negative.

    Aaron Donald only had 40 tackles in his rookie year and he turned out ok.

    If Knox backs it up with another nice game next week then he’s officially arrived imo. You’re expecting a late pick TE to be targeted and flawless? I personally expect him to earn his spot and improve every week.

    And now you’re upset that this team is so deep that Star (a starter in this league) is being outplayed by the drafted guys? You must realize that is illogical and goes against your argument.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,685
    McDermott was clear that nothing would be handed to Oliver because of his draft position. He's been consistent with that. The defense has been outstanding. Oliver has been pretty good. He'll get better. Why split hairs over where we think he should or shouldn't be 3 games into his career? Seems rather pointless.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    McDermott was clear that nothing would be handed to Oliver because of his draft position. He's been consistent with that. The defense has been outstanding. Oliver has been pretty good. He'll get better. Why split hairs over where we think he should or shouldn't be 3 games into his career? Seems rather pointless.
    Ow we have 2 nancy’s Here. Yay!...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ow we have 2 nancy’s Here. Yay!...
    I just don't get it, man. We're 3-0 for the first time in 8 seasons and may finish with a top 3 defense. I don't get the splitting hairs routine because we think Ed Oliver should have had X amount of QB hurries more than he has. Last year it was Josh Allen isn't accurate. He's at 64.1% so now we need to find something new to complain about? lol
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I just don't get it, man. We're 3-0 for the first time in 8 seasons and may finish with a top 3 defense. I don't get the splitting hairs routine because we think Ed Oliver should have had X amount of QB hurries more than he has. Last year it was Josh Allen isn't accurate. He's at 64.1% so now we need to find something new to complain about? lol
    I haven't been on here in awhile but as I read through recent posts it's weird to me that a couple people are so down on the Bills. I have no illusions that they're going to beat the Pats this Sunday and I think that, at best, a realistic expectation for this season is probably a wild card with an outside shot at a first round upset. That said, this team is definitely trending in the right direction. These 3 wins have been against bad teams but they've found ways to win, including two come from behind wins. And that's something that the Bills really haven't been able to do consistently in recent years. And while the stink of McDermott's QB mismanagement last year hasn't completely worn off for me, I'm still impressed with the way these guys show up to play for him. Whatever he's selling this team seems to be buying.

    Yes, Josh Allen is kind of who we thought he was (physically gifted, questionable accuracy and decision-making) but there are two undeniable things that he has going for him. First, he's got the skills to keep this team in games that they didn't have a chance in with previous QBs. 5 comeback wins in 13 starts is silly. I get that Allen's own mistakes have sometimes forced him to come from behind but he's been able to come back nevertheless. Second, he's exactly what that team and city need as far as how he goes about his business. He says the right things, he's clearly embraced the community and he actually appears to want to be in Buffalo. He's giving the team an identity that they've lacked for a long time.

    I just don't understand why people would come to a Bills fan forum to **** all over them. It's not like the regular posters on here are unapologetic Bills homers. Some may be more positive than I am but I don't see anyone saying the Bills are going to be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy this year. Maybe we should all just all see how things progress this season, because I'm definitely seeing some positive steps from this team that I can't say I've seen in a long time.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    I haven't been on here in awhile but as I read through recent posts it's weird to me that a couple people are so down on the Bills. I have no illusions that they're going to beat the Pats this Sunday and I think that, at best, a realistic expectation for this season is probably a wild card with an outside shot at a first round upset. That said, this team is definitely trending in the right direction. These 3 wins have been against bad teams but they've found ways to win, including two come from behind wins. And that's something that the Bills really haven't been able to do consistently in recent years. And while the stink of McDermott's QB mismanagement last year hasn't completely worn off for me, I'm still impressed with the way these guys show up to play for him. Whatever he's selling this team seems to be buying.

    Yes, Josh Allen is kind of who we thought he was (physically gifted, questionable accuracy and decision-making) but there are two undeniable things that he has going for him. First, he's got the skills to keep this team in games that they didn't have a chance in with previous QBs. 5 comeback wins in 13 starts is silly. I get that Allen's own mistakes have sometimes forced him to come from behind but he's been able to come back nevertheless. Second, he's exactly what that team and city need as far as how he goes about his business. He says the right things, he's clearly embraced the community and he actually appears to want to be in Buffalo. He's giving the team an identity that they've lacked for a long time.

    I just don't understand why people would come to a Bills fan forum to **** all over them. It's not like the regular posters on here are unapologetic Bills homers. Some may be more positive than I am but I don't see anyone saying the Bills are going to be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy this year. Maybe we should all just all see how things progress this season, because I'm definitely seeing some positive steps from this team that I can't say I've seen in a long time.
    I agree. And the changes I’m seeing are fundamental changes that winning franchises are built on.

    Just taking a qb early on the draft alone is one of them.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,657
    I'm convinced Wings & Bleu was recruited by sabres.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I'm convinced Wings & Bleu was recruited by sabres.
    I’m convinced their leafs fans.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,685
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    I haven't been on here in awhile but as I read through recent posts it's weird to me that a couple people are so down on the Bills. I have no illusions that they're going to beat the Pats this Sunday and I think that, at best, a realistic expectation for this season is probably a wild card with an outside shot at a first round upset. That said, this team is definitely trending in the right direction. These 3 wins have been against bad teams but they've found ways to win, including two come from behind wins. And that's something that the Bills really haven't been able to do consistently in recent years. And while the stink of McDermott's QB mismanagement last year hasn't completely worn off for me, I'm still impressed with the way these guys show up to play for him. Whatever he's selling this team seems to be buying.

    Yes, Josh Allen is kind of who we thought he was (physically gifted, questionable accuracy and decision-making) but there are two undeniable things that he has going for him. First, he's got the skills to keep this team in games that they didn't have a chance in with previous QBs. 5 comeback wins in 13 starts is silly. I get that Allen's own mistakes have sometimes forced him to come from behind but he's been able to come back nevertheless. Second, he's exactly what that team and city need as far as how he goes about his business. He says the right things, he's clearly embraced the community and he actually appears to want to be in Buffalo. He's giving the team an identity that they've lacked for a long time.

    I just don't understand why people would come to a Bills fan forum to **** all over them. It's not like the regular posters on here are unapologetic Bills homers. Some may be more positive than I am but I don't see anyone saying the Bills are going to be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy this year. Maybe we should all just all see how things progress this season, because I'm definitely seeing some positive steps from this team that I can't say I've seen in a long time.
    You nailed it, brother.

    We have a puncher's chance against New England this Sunday. How long has it been since we were able to even say that? I thought the Wild Card was a possibility this year. And should they get in, I agree that we could see an upset win. No matter what happens, this Bills team is really damn fun to watch. That's enough to satisfy me at least for this season.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I’m convinced their leafs fans.
    This had me laughing, man.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And what are his stats if you take away the first half of the season opener?
    You at least partially missed my point. Allen hasn't had a quarter like that yet and he likely won't again. He's quite likely to have more quarters of play like the first and second ones in that game. His 3rd quarter of the Bengals game was even worse, 2 for 6, 3 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT and a raing of 2.8. 2.8.

    But to your point, let's pitch the Jets game altogether, circumstances in that 4th Q that he'll never see again anyway.

    In the other two games he's 42 of 66, 496 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a rating of 90.2, good for a 20th ranking as of now.

    But allow me to ask, that having been against the 27th and 31st ranked yardage Ds and the 27th and 30th ranked scoring Ds, and last seasons last ranked D, if he were to pass at that pace all season he'd have 16 TDs and 8 INTs. How is that better than Taylor?

    Is that what is expected of him?

    As it is he's currently on pace for 15 TDs and 15 INTs and rating in the low 80s which would be notably worse than Taylor and entirely unacceptable, but he's a whole lot more likely to play like he did in the first two Qs than he did in that 4th Q.

    I'll add additional contrast and perspective, every other QB, of the six, that have played the Jets, Giants, or Bengals, have outperformed Allen in the passing game.

    Against the Jets:

    Allen: 24 for 37 (64.9%), for 254, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 71.2 Rating, 6.86 YPA, 4.97, AYPA
    Mayfield: 19 for 35 (54.2%), for 325, 1 TD, 1 INT, 83.6 Rating, 9.29 YPA, 8.57 AYPA
    Brady: 28 for 42 (66.7%), for 306, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 103.9 Rating, 7.29 YPA, 8.24 AYPA

    Against the Giants:

    Allen: 19 for 30 (63.3%), for 253, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 101.1 Rating, 8.43 YPA, 9.10 AYPA
    Winston: 23 for 37 (62.2%), for 380, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 112.4 Rating, 10.27 YPA, 10.68 AYPA
    Prescott: 25 for 32 (78.1%), for 405, 4 TDs, 0 INT, 158.3 Rating, 12.66 YPA, 15.16 AYPA

    Against the Bengals:

    Allen: 23 for 36 (63.8%), for 243, 1 TD, 1 INT, 81.1 Rating, 1 sack, 6.75 YPA, 6.06 AYPA
    Garoppolo: 17 for 25 (68.0%), for 296, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 131.0 Rating, 11.84 YPA, 12.44 AYPA
    Wilson: 14 for 20 (70.0%), for 196, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 134.6 Rating, 9.80 YPA, 11.80 AYPA

    For Mayfield, Winston, Prescott, and Garoppolo, hardly the Who's Who of NFL QBs, they all posted their best games against those teams by a country mile.

    That is relevant whether people choose to see it or not.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    40
    In those games Allen has averaged 22 of 34 for 250 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, a rating of 83.4, a YPA of 7.28 and an AYPA of 6.55.

    Taking Brady out of the mix, the other five QBs having played those teams have the following average as a collective;

    20 of 30 for 320, 2.6 TDs, .6 INTs, a rating of 122.6, a YPA of 10.77, and a AYPA of 11.24.

    Collectively, all 6 other QBs have as many INTs as Allen does in those three games.

    Don't get too excited, I'm tellin' ya. Allen played just like that in games against comparably poor defensive opponent last season.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 09-25-2019 at 11:56 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And now you’re upset that this team is so deep that Star (a starter in this league) is being outplayed by the drafted guys? You must realize that is illogical and goes against your argument.
    You're rationale and argument is flawed.

    And no, I'm not "upset" about anything, simply looking at things.

    The fact of the matter, is that this team hasn't played any differently against crappy teams than it did last season.

    No upset, just looking at facts for purposes of discussion.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I just don't get it, man. We're 3-0 for the first time in 8 seasons and may finish with a top 3 defense. I don't get the splitting hairs routine because we think Ed Oliver should have had X amount of QB hurries more than he has. Last year it was Josh Allen isn't accurate. He's at 64.1% so now we need to find something new to complain about? lol
    Many, you guys are awfully testy.

    Let's see where we finish, but last season we played this well against crappy teams too, not much differently in fact. Same point averages, PF/PA for the most part.

    The compl. % has come at the expense of the deep balls. It's obvious that the staff has gotten Allen, and wisely so to focus on the short stuff and throwing the ball away.

    At the end of the day however, he's still on pace for 15 TDs/15 INTs. If all he does is hit that mark, then you won't be happy. At least you shouldn't be.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I agree. And the changes I’m seeing are fundamental changes that winning franchises are built on.

    Just taking a qb early on the draft alone is one of them.
    Well, we should know by sometime in November anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •