Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 3: Denver Broncos (0-2) @ Green Bay Packers (2-0) 9/22 1:00 PM ET

vs

Well, this is why we needed wins week 1 and/or 2....cause this one was never a favorable match up under any circumstance.

Rodgers is easily the best QB we will have faced. An elite/legendary QB at that. We have never won at Lambeau...ever.

This defense is actually BEHIND the offense in terms of adjusting to their respective schemes...and being on the road against that type of QB and opponent...yea...yea...this won't bode well.

So, yet again, we'll be put in a position where we will actually have to have the offense score (which we haven't done in like 5 years) to give us a shot...because I don't believe the defense will give us one here.

The Packers actually have a darn good defense this time around....so, naturally, that doesn't make matters better for us.

Basically, we have to play a perfect game to beat them. That ain't happening.

Another note.

Even though our depth is not ideal....we're going to have to use it. Cy made a good point where Chubb and Von are playing 95% of the snaps. We won't get much of a pass rush at critical moments late in games at that rate.

Malik Reed has had 8 snaps on defense. Justin Hollins, astonishingly, has 4 snaps on defense.

DeVante Bausby has yet to take a single snap on defense...as well as Alexander Johnson.

Todd Davis is returning...but brace yourself for an adjustment period and conditioning issues. The guy has been out since OTA's...hard to believe he'll come in a dominate.

Same thing for Callahan..while this "will he or won't he" game is still being played with his availability...conditioning is bound to be an issue.

While Yiadom did improve last week, we will need to eventually start sprinkling in Duke Dawson and Davontea Harris...see if we have something at CB. Any upgrade in talent should be looked at.

On offense we can definitely use Jano back. Interested to see how that will change the pass/run dynamics. Kubs was always on record stating that having a FB makes the defense play a certain way. And Lil Shanny over there at San Fran uses his FB 50% of the time on offense.

Me thinks Scangs is eager for Jano's arrival.

Also, our TE's suck. Fant is a rook with huge upside so his adjustment period is warranted....but Huerman and Fumagali have been an abomination at just about everything. Andrew Beck should be expedited in this lineup as quickly as possible. We need SOMEONE that can least block out there. Even solely a blocking TE would do wonders for us.

Lol this team is pathetic

Offense ****ing trash. Defense ****ing trash. Yuck.

When you start the drive on their side of the field and you get zero points, you're awful and you suck at your job

Flacco ****ing sucks.

Jewell is not good... Like really really not good

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Flacco ****ing sucks.
    This. ****ing awful

Closer than I thought frankly. Did not think we would be in a competitive position late in the game...but we were....but just kept doing what we've been doing for 3+ years now offensively. ****ing it up.

Broncos just showing what a green team looks like. New everything (HC/DC/OC/scheme). Tried to mitigate it with some vets...but bottom line...it's a process. It was always going to be a process, I presume.

Frankly, the offensive woes are not surprising (though being the only team in the NFL to not score 20 and have it dating back to nearly half a season (7 straight games) is some kind of anemic)

The back breaking part is the defense. That's what we were all sold all off-season/preseason on...and while they're not awful....they are a far far cry from the top 5 unit that we were suppose to be seeing.

Forget the sacks. It's all about pressures/hits then takeaways. We're not seeing any of that. Much better showing from the pressure department...but nothing to cause any discomfort.

"Cleanest my jersey has ever been." - Rodgers. Stamp that quote on Fangio's forehead. That's 100% on you Fangio.

Faced some tough teams and one "motivated" (but not good team).

The worst part of all this aside from the obvious. When we finally "get it" on both sides......it's probably going to be too late.

The impending FA's on the squad are going to be making "business decisions" the morale will be low...what motivation will they have to continue grinding out the little nuances if it's not for making a post-season berth?

And on top of all of that...the Drew Lock frenzy will up and ready to roar.....cause if we're not winning....why will we still be having Flacco out there?

Oddly enough...it's still not over despite the odds. It all starts against the Jags though. If we drop that game...stick a fork in them.

I think at this point it's clear as day that you need to blow this thing up. Trade any vet that you can, and just start new. Von looks completely disinterested out there.

Not yet...see how these next 3 weeks play out. If we drop the Jags game...it's over. Commence whatever bullshittery fancies ya'll.

But...if we're like 3-3 after 6 games......new ballgame.

I don't know about the "disinterest" in Von...but I do know he's notoriously known to pick and choose his spots to amp it up in the pass rushing department.

As I said against Oakland...you can only use the "he's getting chipped, doubled, ball coming out quick" line for so long.

This is the NFL. Pass rushers get chipped...doubled...all the time.

I will say though....I don't think Von is all that comfortable in Fangio's scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Not yet...see how these next 3 weeks play out. If we drop the Jags game...it's over. Commence whatever bullshittery fancies ya'll.

But...if we're like 3-3 after 6 games......new ballgame.
    There's zero chance of us being 3-3 after 6 games. After the Jags we play at the Chargers, and home against Tennessee. Based on the fact that we can't seem to score 20 points, I don't see us winning any of those games. All 3 defenses are very good. I'd say it's more likely that after week 6, we're 0-6 rather than 3-3.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I don't know about the "disinterest" in Von...but I do know he's notoriously known to pick and choose his spots to amp it up in the pass rushing department.

As I said against Oakland...you can only use the "he's getting chipped, doubled, ball coming out quick" line for so long.

This is the NFL. Pass rushers get chipped...doubled...all the time.

I will say though....I don't think Von is all that comfortable in Fangio's scheme.
    I don't know what it is but he better turn it up soon or he should be gone. He's been a JAG the whole season and it would be more helpful to trade him than watch him rot in a system he doesn't belong in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast