Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

kinda makes some sense though we struggle to score points. we have had good field position like once.

^Average LOS/Dr own 24 yard line which ranks 29th in the league. So yea...they got to go far. And they are sitting at 18th for 3 and outs. Not ideal but not awful...big improvement from last year though.

Again, it's not crazy to say that the defense is behind the offense for this squad. Which is the shocking part for this season. Doubt anyone expected this.

Giving up 23.1 Pts/Dr (22nd), an abominable 6.43 PTS/RZ trips which ranks 31st, obviously not forcing any turnovers.

Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    There's zero chance of us being 3-3 after 6 games. After the Jags we play at the Chargers, and home against Tennessee. Based on the fact that we can't seem to score 20 points, I don't see us winning any of those games. All 3 defenses are very good. I'd say it's more likely that after week 6, we're 0-6 rather than 3-3.
    Crazier things have happened man.

It's definitely possible that we could simply drop all those games...but last year despite all the junk...we were in a good position for a play-off berth...then Sanders got hurt.

Lets just say that our saving grace (and the main reason I'm saying we could be 3-3) is that all of these games are at home.

The Chargers have the worst fan base in sports. That is going to be a home game...the chargers will be tough, of course, but there will be a strong showing of Bronco fans...especially if we can take this Jags game. J.J Watt just mentioned how their fans made an impact on the Chargers calls/checks...you don't think we'll be rowdy?

Again, it all starts against the Jags.

I would rather the Broncos play well and lose on 50-50 ******** games. This isn't a playoff team, so get a better pick and lose those tossups. Those losses tend to balance out over time.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    ^Average LOS/Dr own 24 yard line which ranks 29th in the league. So yea...they got to go far. And they are sitting at 18th for 3 and outs. Not ideal but not awful...big improvement from last year though.

Again, it's not crazy to say that the defense is behind the offense for this squad. Which is the shocking part for this season. Doubt anyone expected this.

Giving up 23.1 Pts/Dr (22nd), an abominable 6.43 PTS/RZ trips which ranks 31st, obviously not forcing any turnovers.

Yup...
    Our offense is only averaging 15.3 points per game. We could have the 2015 defense and we'd still lose more games than we win with those numbers. It's a chicken or egg situation because neither unit is doing anything to help the other out.

The shocking part is that I have little issue with the way the offense is being called. The only thing I gripe about is we haven't taken many shots. I don't have All-22 which is a shame because I'd like to see if we're sending guys deep and Flacco just isn't throwing it, or if we're not calling them.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Crazier things have happened man.

It's definitely possible that we could simply drop all those games...but last year despite all the junk...we were in a good position for a play-off berth...then Sanders got hurt.

Lets just say that our saving grace (and the main reason I'm saying we could be 3-3) is that all of these games are at home.

The Chargers have the worst fan base in sports. That is going to be a home game...the chargers will be tough, of course, but there will be a strong showing of Bronco fans...especially if we can take this Jags game. J.J Watt just mentioned how their fans made an impact on the Chargers calls/checks...you don't think we'll be rowdy?

Again, it all starts against the Jags.
    The ****** thing is that we can't get out of our own way. We had a perfect offensive game plan against the Packers and dominated time of possession. Rodgers had less than 250 passing yards and only 1 TD... You expect to win when you do that. But we had 2 awful turnovers from Flacco and a brutal one from Fant.

There's that saying that goes "Bad teams find ways to lose football games." And that's absolutely true with this team. Against the Bears Flacco throws a pick in the redzone and then we actually get the lead, the defense gives up 30 yards on a 4th and 15. Against the Packers, we turn the ball over 3 more times than them.

Maybe all this team needs is confidence and beating Jacksonville will give them the confidence to start playing winning football.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Does anyone still subscribe to PFF? Hows the Oline grading out, moreso the interior, cant imagine Bolles or Wilk have very good numbers

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Does anyone still subscribe to PFF? Hows the Oline grading out, moreso the interior, cant imagine Bolles or Wilk have very good numbers
    They are ranked 15th overall atm. The interior is graded well. Bolles taking a major ding in penalties, Wilkinson in pass protection.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Our offense is only averaging 15.3 points per game. We could have the 2015 defense and we'd still lose more games than we win with those numbers. It's a chicken or egg situation because neither unit is doing anything to help the other out.
    I actually don't know about this at all.
    We went 3 and out like crazy in 2015 and Manning led the NFL in INTs. On top of it, the defense in 2015 was responsible for many short fields and had like 35 points scored directly by the defense.

we would easily be 2-1 with the 2015 defense. the 2015 defense actually created turnovers. like the first week of that year they won when the offense only scored 19 points which included a pick six for each team. next week they scored 31, but one of those was a fumble recovery TD, there were 2 other fumbles the defense got and there was a pick which lead to a TD. the week after the defense got 2 picks and a fumble recovery in a 24-12 win. like our offense has struggled scoring, but our defense hasn't help the offense at all.
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 09-25-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    we would easily be 2-1 with the 2015 defense. the 2015 defense actually created turnovers. like the first week of that year they won when the offense only scored 19 points which included a pick six for each team. next week they scored 31, but one of those was a fumble recovery TD, there were 2 other fumbles the defense got and there was a pick which lead to a TD. the week after the defense got 2 picks and a fumble recovery in a 24-12 win. like our offense has struggled scoring, but our defense hasn't help the offense at all.
    Maybe. But the defense shouldn't be required to help the offense with turnovers. At some point, the offense needs to get the defense a lead so that they can attack. We've led for a TOTAL of 12 minutes in 180 minutes of football. We're 29th in PPG, and 20th in yards per game. Defensively, we're 17th in PPG allowed, and 9th total defense.

The issue is the teams are not afraid of our offense so they just keep dinking and dunking down the field to neutralize the strengths of our defense. They get the lead and they just sit on it because they know our offense won't bring us back. In 2015, teams didn't know that Manning was washed up yet. They still feared him and believed that they needed to score a lot of points to win. In 2019 teams don't fear the offense at all and are content just grinding the game out.

I mean just listen to CHJ talk. He does not think super highly of this counterparts on defense and keeps saying the team doesn't have the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    I mean just listen to CHJ talk. He does not think super highly of this counterparts on defense and keeps saying the team doesn't have the guys.
    He does mention you need players and talent wins in this league. Kareem is playing the slot, and in Houston he was a guy that improved considerably going to safety. Harris has played good but your other stars have not.

A lot of hate about Von but I heard stats about winning your one on one battles. Itís an easy stat to calculate. I donít remember the name. But itís the percentage you win your one on one battle in pass rush when the QB holds the ball longer than 2.5 seconds.

Mack leads the league with a 36% rate.
    Von is league average at 16 percent.
    Chubb is at 8 percent.

The secondary is a work in progress since Callahan is out.

Offensively my theory is we stall out because we donít take chances down the field. Flacco who is known for his arm has a bottom 2 deep ball attempt percentage in the league. We donít stretch the field and put pressure on defenses. So in important 3rd downs teams can game plan on short intermediate routes a. Because we donít take shots down the field b. We have some poorly graded olinemen in pass protection.

We need to execute in the red zone, but there needs to be more aggressive play calling.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    I think a lot of the struggles have to do with the complete overhaul of coaching and schemes. I don't expect things to really come together until about week 6-8. Hopefully by then the season isn't a write-off and we start needlessly shipping guys out.. the media chatter about getting what you can for Von makes me sick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12