Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mookie Betts

Minimum of 6.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by JOSKOMANG4 View Post
    my proposals:

1. White Sox. * Mookie Betts must agree to extension; 4yr 120m(Front loaded(5m signing bonus; 32.5m,32.5m,25m w/PO after year-3. 25m).

- Nick Madrigal(2b), L.A. Basabe(OF), & RHP's Dunning & J.Lambert.

Projected Lineup:

2b- Moncada
    SS- T.Anderson
    RF- Betts
    1b- Abreu
    LF- E.Jiminez
    C- Grandal
    DH- J.McCann
    2b- Y.Sanchez
    CF- A.Engel.

2. Braves BLOCKBUSTER! * Agrees to 4yr 120m deal w/PO after year 3. He can opt out at age 30 for F.A.

- OF Pache, RHP'S Wright, B.Wilson, & IF J.Camargo for Betts & LHP C.Sale(agrees to trade; Red Sox agree to eat Deferred Money(2035-2039 @ 10m per year).

L: Acuna CF, Albies 2b, Betts RF, Freeman 1b, Riley 3b, Markakis LF, C D'Naurd, SS Swanson

Rotation: Sale, Soroka, Folty, Fried, Touki
    There is zero chance Mookie Betts would accept that.

If you want him to forego free agency, you better be ready to give him 10/$35M per year. Otherwise, that boy is heading to free agency and probably getting close to that range of a contract any way.

He's only now entering his age 27 season. If he was willing to sign for 4/$120M, he'd just re-sign with the Red Sox. They know that's not a possibility.

Guy is about to make that AAV in arb almost.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Minimum of 6.
    Only way he'd do a 6 year deal is if he received the highest individual salary each year. I.e. over Trout's $36M

So maybe 6/$240M could get it done (right now that is). If he goes to free agency, then his 2020 season will say a ton about his 2021 salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Only way he'd do a 6 year deal is if he received the highest individual salary each year. I.e. over Trout's $36M

So maybe 6/$240M could get it done (right now that is). If he goes to free agency, then his 2020 season will say a ton about his 2021 salary.
    Yeah dudes getting at minimum a Machado deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

Hence why I said "minimum". I assume he'll get more.

Pipe dream as a Mets fan.

- OF Nimmo, 1b D.Smith, RHP Famila, and prospect LHP David Peterson for OF M.Betts.

Mets Lineup: SS Rosario, CF Betts, 1b Alonso, RF Conforto, Ramos C, Cano 2b, JD Davis LF, McNeil 3b.

Red Sox L: RF Nimmo, SS Bogaerts, DH JD Martinez, 3b R.Devers, LF Benitendi, D.Smith 1b, M.Chavis 2b, Vasquez C, JBjr CF

Quote Originally Posted by JOSKOMANG4 View Post
    Pipe dream as a Mets fan.

- OF Nimmo, 1b D.Smith, RHP Famila, and prospect LHP David Peterson for OF M.Betts.

Mets Lineup: SS Rosario, CF Betts, 1b Alonso, RF Conforto, Ramos C, Cano 2b, JD Davis LF, McNeil 3b.

Red Sox L: RF Nimmo, SS Bogaerts, DH JD Martinez, 3b R.Devers, LF Benitendi, D.Smith 1b, M.Chavis 2b, Vasquez C, JBjr CF
    that would be a deal that the Red Sox laugh at. Familia currently has negative value, Nimmo and Smith have below-average starter value, and David Peterson isn't even the Mets top prospect.

The Mets would need to offer McNeil/Syndergaard + Edwin Diaz + at least 3 of their top 10 prospects to even get a conversation started.

Def a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    that would be a deal that the Red Sox laugh at. Familia currently has negative value, Nimmo and Smith have below-average starter value, and David Peterson isn't even the Mets top prospect.

The Mets would need to offer McNeil/Syndergaard + Edwin Diaz + at least 3 of their top 10 prospects to even get a conversation started.
    Considering what the Orioles got for Machado, I don't see how this is true.

Harrison Bader and Zac Johnson. Sorry Cardinals lost the Heyward deal alone with what Miller did in Atlanta and what JH did in STL, then add on what Atlanta got for him in their trade with Arizona (Miller) and its even worse.

He agrees to an extension before the trade is finalized then we can consider Gorman. Otherwise the Cardinals will just make him say no to the money next winter. Which is what every MLB team should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban Bee View Post
    Harrison Bader and Zac Johnson. Sorry Cardinals lost the Heyward deal alone with what Miller did in Atlanta and what JH did in STL, then add on what Atlanta got for him in their trade with Arizona (Miller) and its even worse.

He agrees to an extension before the trade is finalized then we can consider Gorman. Otherwise the Cardinals will just make him say no to the money next winter. Which is what every MLB team should do.
    Red Sox wouldn't take anything close to that light of a deal.

Any trade with the Cards starts with Dylan Carlson.

Keibert Ruiz, Josiah Gray, Jeter Downs and Joc Pederson.

Best offer I got... wait a year and sign him in Free Agency
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12