Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 611
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,726

    Week 3: (MNF) Bears @ Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    If we supposedly have good receivers and people are saying they are not getting open then I have to question why they are not getting open. Are they not as good as advertised, is it scheme?
    We have Robinson who is a good receiver. Miller showed he has talent but for whatever reason, he doesnít get many snaps. Those two guys should be fed. This team to me needs to be able to run the ball and get PA going. Get Mitch on some bootlegs. Iíd like to see less Patterson overall. Way more Miller. Wimsy I think could help too.

    Beyond that though, I think the conservative play calling was absolutely by design last week. There were not a lot of downfield passes or even options. As the bears hopefully establish the run and the OL settles in, I think the offense will be fine. Have to get Miller involved though. Absolutely have to.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,373
    When Gabriel is your #2 then you probably don't have the best group of receivers.

    Nobody besides ARob has shown they're capable of winning 1-on-1 with any consistency.

    It's an okay group, but it sure as hell isn't great. There's not a single elite guy there and the best one is maybe a top 20 guy (ARob).
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-21-2019 at 01:21 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    46,950
    I think we need to get big WRís involved more . I need some Wims and possibly Ridley. Lets get some jump balls going other than A Rob . We have A Rob with 2 little Receivers and Cohen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    46,950

    Week 3: (MNF) Bears @ Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    When Gabriel is your #2 then you probably don't have the best group of receivers.
    While Iíll agree heís not a number 2 either , Taylor was good last year in that role. He caught 72% of the balls thrown at him so he was at least reliable. Everyone just isnít playing good outside of A Rob and we need the young guys that have number 2 potential step up so Taylor wonít have to be in such of a role


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    I think we need to get big WRís involved more . I need some Wims and possibly Ridley. Lets get some jump balls going other than A Rob . We have A Rob with 2 little Receivers and Cohen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Yep. A-Rob and Wims on the outside. Miller in the slot. Establish the run. Work in Gabriel on the outside and Cohen in the slot at times when itís advantageous but Gabriel isnít an ideal #2 at all. Wimsy looks like heís ready to make an impact. Heís an absolute beast. Give Mitch bigger targets to throw to because heís never going to have Aaron Rodgers precision.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    When Gabriel is your #2 then you probably don't have the best group of receivers.

    Nobody besides ARob has shown they're capable of winning 1-on-1 with any consistency.

    It's an okay group, but it sure as hell isn't great. There's not a single elite guy there and the best one is maybe a top 20 guy (ARob).
    Gabriel should not be playing as the #2. He is supposed to be fast but we never go deep anyway. Get bigger guys in there, give Miller more snaps. Gabriel is not impressive at all but for some reason Nagy has a soft spot for him.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    While Iíll agree heís not a number 2 either , Taylor was good last year in that role. He caught 72% of the balls thrown at him so he was at least reliable. Everyone just isnít playing good outside of A Rob and we need the young guys that have number 2 potential step up so Taylor wonít have to be in such of a role


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    He's good, but ideally a deep threat, slot guy that doesn't get the same target share as he does now.

    Just think you need someone more consistent across from ARob, and I agree that getting the bigger WR's more involved will help Trubisky. He seemed to have good chemistry with Wims towards the end of last season.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    34,853
    The fact that we don't have a good #2 behind A-Rob is the reason we're so reliant on Burton. And when Burton is out we dont have anybody else.

    Just like the Eagles game, we had to rely on Cohen and he's easy to scheme out.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    If we supposedly have good receivers and people are saying they are not getting open then I have to question why they are not getting open. Are they not as good as advertised, is it scheme?
    That trend was on extreme display Sunday in Denver, where 33.3% of Trubisky's attempts didn't make it past the line of scrimmage. That was the fourth-highest percentage in Week 2. NFL Next Gen Stats classified a league-high 40.7% of his targets as "wide open," meaning there was no defender within 5 yards. And he had two of the top-six easiest incompletions for the week, as determined by the NFL Next Gen Stats model, including this attempted third-down dump-off to tight end Trey Burton in the fourth quarter, shown by NFL Next Gen Stats animation.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-step-backward

    It's not as bad as it seems.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,699
    If Mitch needs elite talent around him to play at an above average level, he's just not good to begin with.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Yeah, its a real problem. QBís who canít complete passes to wide open receivers donít last long in this league. He needs to get his act together immediately

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,485
    what happened to miller....... and wims who flashed so hard in the pre sesson. has he had a catch. gabriel is OK. Paterson is less of a WR then a gadget guy. i mean they have both been on the feild. but have had zero impact


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    23,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    what happened to miller....... and wims who flashed so hard in the pre sesson. has he had a catch. gabriel is OK. Paterson is less of a WR then a gadget guy. i mean they have both been on the feild. but have had zero impact
    Miller has to be hurt. I just don't get why he's not getting a lot of snaps.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,373
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    If Mitch needs elite talent around him to play at an above average level, he's just not good to begin with.
    Even if that's the case, we could stand to upgrade the group a bit. ARob is only under contract for 1 more year and nobody else has separated themselves as a viable #2.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,485
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Even if that's the case, we could stand to upgrade the group a bit. ARob is only under contract for 1 more year and nobody else has separated themselves as a viable #2.
    its supposed to be miller. but he has just not shown up. we added Ridley. we added Paterson. and it just hasn't clicked.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •