Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

QB Josh Rosen to Start vs Cowboys

Big move considering Flores just came out today and said Fitz was still the starter for right now.

I've been calling for Rosen for awhile now, but I'm confused by the timing. Flores has been saying for weeks that Fitz is the better option and you'd figure he would feel like Fitz wasnt the problem considering everything else has been terrible. I'm curious how this will affect the locker room

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

According to Adam Beasley, the plan is to play Rosen at QB the rest of the year unless he gets hurt. They're not going to pop him in and out if he struggles.

At least Rosen has proven he can get the #1 pick for a team while still keeping the fans happy about having a young QB.

I thought they would wait till the bye but Fitz has been so terrible.

We should take this moment to try and establish a good idea of what Rosen has to do to change our draft choice next year. I'm completely on the train of taking Tua or Love at any cost if you're in a position to draft them. So for me to change my mind I think Rosen has to have a winning record in his starts. Plain and simple.

If Rosen has a winning record working with the team we put on the field right now he should instantly be inducted into the Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Big move considering Flores just came out today and said Fitz was still the starter for right now.

I've been calling for Rosen for awhile now, but I'm confused by the timing. Flores has been saying for weeks that Fitz is the better option and you'd figure he would feel like Fitz wasnt the problem considering everything else has been terrible. I'm curious how this will affect the locker room
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I thought they would wait till the bye but Fitz has been so terrible.
    I thought they would wait until the bye too, and I still think that was probably what they would have preferred, but this offense is painful. Unfortunately this is an indicator that we are still kind of rudderless as an organization. Would have been smarter to let Fitz handle this tough September. Early desperation by the coaches and maybe front office IMO.

I mean it's a very common situation. Tons of teams prefer to start the vet and pull them after some struggles, but I agree it would have made more sense to start him after the bye and those tough two games. But Flores is going to look at what's the best for the team and probably isnt saying "Man, the Cowboys and Chargers are obvious losses so let's save the rookie."

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    If Rosen has a winning record working with the team we put on the field right now he should instantly be inducted into the Hall of Fame
    If you're going to pass on two guys that I firmly believe are better than him, he needs to show a lot this year. He can't just come out and have a few decent games. Show that you're an obvious franchise guy.

Its about time he got the start. This regime hand selected this kid as the potential future, not he gets to prove his worth. The ball zips of his fingers . . . he's loud at the line of scrimmage . . . and I think the offense will be excited to have him throwing the ball. Good call.

I don't know if he can do 14 games behind this line, but if he can he's a magician. If they don't improve in a hurry, he'll either eclipse his 44 or 45 sacks last year or probably get injured.

I don't know how anyone could expect rosen or anyone else to win games.

This isn't about him winning, it's about him showing he can handle being a nfl starter, and can learn the system, and run it efficiently.

I thought he looked pretty good today, stats wont show it, but he made good throws, good reads, handled pressure well, and that's what hes being judged on.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I don't know how anyone could expect rosen or anyone else to win games.

This isn't about him winning, it's about him showing he can handle being a nfl starter, and can learn the system, and run it efficiently.

I thought he looked pretty good today, stats wont show it, but he made good throws, good reads, handled pressure well, and that's what hes being judged on.
    I agree. I'm not saying this to be glib, but Marino in his prime couldn't go .500 with this team.

I'm just not willing to settle. The only way I keep Rosen as the starter is if he can elevate the talent around him. Its what all great QBs do.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm just not willing to settle. The only way I keep Rosen as the starter is if he can elevate the talent around him. Its what all great QBs do.
    That makes more sense. But I think it's important to understand that even elevating this talent could still mean a lot more losses than wins.