Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1244
    Willson is the best guy to trade I think. A good hitting catcher is a luxury anyway, and he misses a 1/4 of the season as it is with extra days off and injuries. He had a great offensive year and contending teams will be interested in him. His hamstring issues worry me as well. It makes perfect sense to deal him.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    2020, lol.

We saw what this group had to offer. Itís over folks.

Man Iím in a negative mood.
    How much % of it is the Cubs and how much % of it is the Eagles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Contreras was good in the OF, move him back

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyD3 View Post
    What are the chances that Kimbrel develops a third pitch to offset his 96 mph arrow straight fastball and above average curve? We are likely stuck with his declining stuff, and without a change-up in his arsenal, I have to think the coming years of his closing appearances will get even worse.
    Exactly! Iíve been thinking the same thing that heís only a 2
    Pitch reliever that guys can sit on the fastball most of the time and he really needs a change up to at least put a little doubt in the hitters head. 2 pitches, 2 homers yesterday was all about sitting on that fastball. It didnít matter that the first one was elevated since Molina had a 50 percent chance of getting a straight fastball. Maybe Darvish can teach him a few pitches to add.

See my thing is, I'm just not good with trading guys like Contreras Rizzo or Bryant for prospects without having a guaranteed upgrade replacement..

I mean, there no guarentee that Grandal or Rendon would sign with the cubs after trading away those guys..

So, unless the plan is to punt for a couple years and retool,I'd just prefer to stick with those guys for the next couple years and add around them..

Resigning Castellanos and having him with Hoerner for a full year can help this team tremendously on offense..

Cubs should go in tank mode these last 6 games, I read that this was supposed to be a loaded draft, might as well get as high as you can get..lol

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...218599936?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    See my thing is, I'm just not good with trading guys like Contreras Rizzo or Bryant for prospects without having a guaranteed upgrade replacement..

I mean, there no guarentee that Grandal or Rendon would sign with the cubs after trading away those guys..

So, unless the plan is to punt for a couple years and retool,I'd just prefer to stick with those guys for the next couple years and add around them..

Resigning Castellanos and having him with Hoerner for a full year can help this team tremendously on offense..
    You correlate one with the other. You donít just trade KB and then call Rendonís agent and kick the tires. IF they wanted to trade KB and sign Rendon, then they would already have an agreement in place. You donít make a deal like that without your bases covered.

Same as trading Starlin Castro then signing Zobrist. They correlated that together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Cubs should go in tank mode these last 6 games, I read that this was supposed to be a loaded draft, might as well get as high as you can get..lol

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...218599936?s=19
    If itís that loaded then thereís really no difference in picking 12th or picking 18th or so. These guys wonít see the majors until 2022 at the absolute earliest and more likely 2023/2024. I just want to get through October so we can hopefully see some action in November but Iím sure it will linger into January for the trades and signings

So when is the offseason thread going up?

Iím already looking forward to next year. The few of you on here that are saying full rebuild are just nuts. Definitely need changes and my guess is one of Baez, Bryant, or Contreras is gone. I donít really like the idea of losing Baez or Bryant, but if they arenít wanting to do an extension this offseason then Iíd offload one them. If any of them go, my preference is Contreras.

Things Iíd like to see:

-Find a new Dex bc this team has clearly missed a Ďyou go, we goí guy at the top since 2016.

-Iíd love to see NC back next year. Not sure how much heíll cost, but he brought Baez type excitement and seemed pretty hungry to be on a contending ball club. His bat also plays extremely well at Wrigley.

-Stop giving 300+ ABs to guys like Almora and Russell.

-Address the pitching. Will need a starter to replace Hamels. Nothing needs to be said on Hendricks. Hopefully we get 2nd half Darvish but heís no sure thing (plus the health concerns). Lester is aging. I donít have much to say about Q but heís been pretty inconsistent. He is ok for a #4 or #5 guy (at the price heís getting paid), but obviously not who we envisioned when we traded Eloy. I wonder if they pick up his option?

-Add some contact guys (Zo types) to offset some of the swing and miss game.
    Last edited by s2obed; 09-23-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Cardinals (85-67) at Cubs (82-70) IGT: NL Central Showdown

What is better for people here:

Having one thread for offseason where people can make their mock roster predictions on top of offseason news, or having two separate threads: one for actual Cubs/MLB offseason news, and one for PSD Cubs Forum posters time do their mock rosters so it doesnít clutter up actual MLB news?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    He turned the wrong way as well. I don't know what happened to his defense.
    He hasn't been playing much. You can't ride the bench and then go in and play like you do when you start everyday.

Assuming Cubs are willing to go to a 220m payroll again this year... and with the release of Morrow and no one else... the Cubs should have about 84m to resign and sign FAís barring any trades.

Am I correct? I just want to have my numbers correct before diving into the ďwho should/could we signĒ convo.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    What is better for people here:

Having one thread for offseason where people can make their mock roster predictions on top of offseason news, or having two separate threads: one for actual Cubs/MLB offseason news, and one for PSD Cubs Forum posters time do their mock rosters so it doesnít clutter up actual MLB news?
    Second option, two threads.

Easier to keep track of real MLB/Cubs news when the official thread gets a new post. Much easier also to jump from thread to thread.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 09-23-2019 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Second option, two threads.

Easier to keep track of real MLB/Cubs news when the official threads gets a new post. Much easier also to jump from thread to thread.
    Thatís what I was thinking, too.

Iíll obviously leave it up to others so they can choose as well, and then move from there when enough people have chimed in

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Thatís what I was thinking, too.

Iíll obviously leave it up to others so they can choose as well, and then move from there when enough people have chimed in
    Yeah, for sure man.

Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast