Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    If the cardinals are mediocre then what are the Cubs ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Awful?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Yeah, and my guess they will make it seem like it's Maddon's decision to leave. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he takes next year off from managing and gets a gig at the MLB channel or ESPN. They would love his personality on there.
    Theyíll probably make it look amicable. Probably.

Maybe heíll get a gig on the new Marquee Network.
    Does he get to keep his restaurant? Itís in the same building as the Cubs offices.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I could see that. I could also see him with the Mets, Angels, Phillies, or the White Sox.
    Honestly, I think he looks burnt out and uninterested in managing now, probably would enjoy a year away and see if hed want to manage again or as said above just be an analyst on one of the networks

I'm personally not in favor of moving on from Maddon and I hope that he wouldn't be made the scape goat should they fail to make the post-season.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

I could see that. I could also see him with the Mets, Angels, Phillies, or the White Sox.
    Poor Ricky.

IMO Joe lost this pennant race in July and August when he set his lineups as if the team had a 20 game lead. I think we could have overcame his putrid pitching management.

Basically I am going to be glad when he is kicked to the curb.

2 years in a row we absolutely choked the division away. How embarrassing.

I think all 3 teams went into this season within the margin of error from each other and all 3 still are in about the same place. The Cubs almost certainly arenít winning this division, but Iím not sure how clearly better Stl or Milwaukee is than them. The Cubs arenít better than those 2 either. They are all very close from a talent perspective.
    Well thatís the point I was trying to make. Some people act like this team is 3 levels above the cardinals and Brewers. Thatís just nuts. They lost the division last year they will again thus year unless a miracle happens and is very likely they finish behind Milwaukee again as well .

Over the last couple of years I read a lot of post on this board on twitter people saying the Cubs are better than the Brewers they are better than the Cardinals they are so much more talented than those teams . Well I donít agree with it . They lost last year to the Brewers . They are 4 back this year they are behind Milwaukee also again .

I mean until what point can cubs fans continue to make these claims ? I a m just tired of it . Itís not all of them but man there are a lot of arrogant fans out there . Itís not 2016 anymore . They are not the best team in baseball . They are probably the 3rd best team in their own division.

I guess Iím one of those arrogant fans. Look at the teams and tell me honestly who you would want on your team.

C Contreras > Grandal (itís close)
    1b Rizzo > Thames and anybody else
    2b Zobrist < Hiura
    3b Bryant > Moose
    SS Baez > Arcia
    LF Schwarber > Braun
    CF Heyward > Cain
    RF Castellanos < Yelich

The Cubs are better in 6 of 8 positions. Our bullpen has a 3.88 ERA compared to the Brewers 4.46. Starters for the Cubs have a 4.09 ERA compared to their 4.58 ERA. Our run differential is +114 to their -21.

We are a better team. How we are behind them, I donít know. Maybe they win more 1 run games. Maybe we were hurt from the pen blowing a bunch of 9th inning leads early this season. It could be a number of reasons, but saying they are a better team is just wrong IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Awful?
    I say just a little more mediocre than the Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm personally not in favor of moving on from Maddon and I hope that he wouldn't be made the scape goat should they fail to make the post-season.
    Scapegoat, blame call it what you want but he gone...

Cant keep firing coaches..

Theyve basically gone backwards the last 3 years, from WS winners, to probably not making the playoffs this year..

So, we'll see a new manager, coaches, and probably a few new players next year to hopefully start a new window...

Well thatís the point I was trying to make. Some people act like this team is 3 levels above the cardinals and Brewers. Thatís just nuts. They lost the division last year they will again thus year unless a miracle happens and is very likely they finish behind Milwaukee again as well .

Yeah. Last year I thought the Cubs were better than Milwaukee. Going into this year it looked like a 3 team tossup and thatís what it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Come on donít be that guy. You know if we win the next 3 youíll be right back on here.

No series in baseball is a guarantee, but Pittsburgh is a dumpster fire right now. You have to feel confident sweeping that series.

And how can you say you look forward to seeing the Cubs announcing they ďfired MaddonĒ when his contract is up? That would be umm odd...

I have zero confidence in the cubs sweeping anyone on the road since im pretty sure they havenít swept a 3 game road series this year. I know they won the 2 game road mini series in Seattle early in the year but Iím pretty sure they havenít swept anyone on the road in a 3 game series all year so they will lose one in Pittsburgh for sure and they will lose 1 more but probably 2 more (tomorrow and Saturday) in this series and then 3 in St Louis where they will drop 2 for sure. I say the cubs finish the last 9 games at 4-5

I guess Iím one of those arrogant fans. Look at the teams and tell me honestly who you would want on your team.

2b Zobrist < Hiura
    3b Bryant > Moose
    SS Baez > Arcia
    LF Schwarber > Braun
    CF Heyward > Cain
    RF Castellanos < Yelich

The Cubs are better in 6 of 8 positions. Our bullpen has a 3.88 ERA compared to the Brewers 4.46. Starters for the Cubs have a 4.09 ERA compared to their 4.58 ERA. Our run differential is +114 to their -21.

We are a better team. How we are behind them, I donít know. Maybe they win more 1 run games. Maybe we were hurt from the pen blowing a bunch of 9th inning leads early this season. It could be a number of reasons, but saying they are a better team is just wrong IMO.

Give me wins over names and general stat numbers . This is coming from someone who is into analytics by the way but when the same thing happens 2 years in a row I donít think itís a fluke but whatever going to bed now.

Cardinals (85-67) at Cubs (82-70) IGT: NL Central Showdown

2b Zobrist < Hiura
    3b Bryant > Moose
    SS Baez > Arcia
    LF Schwarber > Braun
    CF Heyward > Cain
    RF Castellanos < Yelich

Flip that Grandal/Contreras arrow, and I donít think itís close. Castellanos hasnít been here the whole time. Zobrist has been gone. Yelich is pretty much the best player in the NL.

For the bullpen itís not just the cumulative thatís important. The Brewers have bullpen aces that lock down close games. They have had some trash relievers too, but the important innings are going to Hader and now Pomeranz. The Cubs bullpen overall has been better but it took a really long time to turn the important innings over to Wick and Ryan and it still hasnít totally happened.

They are pretty even to me. Cubs might have a slight edge, but the Brewers are constructed in a way to make them more likely to overachieve their RD thanks to Hader.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-19-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub35 View Post
    I have zero confidence in the cubs sweeping anyone on the road since im pretty sure they havenít swept a 3 game road series this year. I know they won the 2 game road mini series in Seattle early in the year but Iím pretty sure they havenít swept anyone on the road in a 3 game series all year so they will lose one in Pittsburgh for sure and they will lose 1 more but probably 2 more (tomorrow and Saturday) in this series and then 3 in St Louis where they will drop 2 for sure. I say the cubs finish the last 9 games at 4-5
    Iím not even getting into this with you. Lol

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast