Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 1,231 to 1,244 of 1244
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Everyone wants to add a CF but the position is so barren across the league that the pickings are very slim. I would seriously look into sticking KB there. If Joey Gallo can thrive there then KB sure can with proper preparation. Hes more athletic, he's faster, and he's familiar with the position, just not much at the MLB level. I like Bote to get the lion's share at 3B and help at 2B.

If we don't trade KB I hope hes our leadoff hitter and CF for 2020.
    Joe got criticized all year for putting guys out of position. And now you want to take a 3rd baseman who seems to have some injury concerns and put him out of position in center. I think that is a terrible idea. If they keep KB he needs to stay at 3rd, IMO.

Everyone wants to add a CF but the position is so barren across the league that the pickings are very slim. I would seriously look into sticking KB there. If Joey Gallo can thrive there then KB sure can with proper preparation. Hes more athletic, he's faster, and he's familiar with the position, just not much at the MLB level. I like Bote to get the lion's share at 3B and help at 2B.

If we don't trade KB I hope hes our leadoff hitter and CF for 2020.
    Bote is a really bad defender at 3b.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

THIS TOO. Another reason not to move Bryant off of 3rd. Honestly, if the Cubs traded Bryant I wouldn't want Bote as the 3rd baseman. I absolutely do not want it with KB on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Joe got criticized all year for putting guys out of position. And now you want to take a 3rd baseman who seems to have some injury concerns and put him out of position in center. I think that is a terrible idea. If they keep KB he needs to stay at 3rd, IMO.
    Rangers did it with Gallo, Dodgers with Bellinger. With advanced preparation theres a chance it wont be disastrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

And Bryant's not that good there either. I wouldnt be surprised if he rates similarly in CF honestly. He was bad this year. Might as well let him be bad at a position that's nearly impossible to upgrade.

Ultimately I hope we sign Donaldson. That would be a huge upgrade at 3B.

Cardinals (85-67) at Cubs (82-70) IGT: NL Central Showdown

Rangers did it with Gallo, Dodgers with Bellinger. With advanced preparation theres a chance it wont be disastrous.And Bryant's not that good there either. I wouldnt be surprised if he rates similarly in CF honestly. He was bad this year. Might as well let him be bad at a position that's nearly impossible to upgrade.

I think Bryant would be a horrible CF. Heís so tentative in the outfield. Imagine if they kept Castellanos and went Schwarber-KB-Castellanos across the OF.

CF is absolutely a wasteland across the league. I think the Cubs just platoon Nico with Heyward and pray that Brennan Davis is legit and ready at some point in 2021.

George Springer and Mookie Betts are going into contract years. Maybe the Cubs will have a ton of money for a CF then.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-25-2019 at 12:46 PM.

THIS TOO. Another reason not to move Bryant off of 3rd. Honestly, if the Cubs traded Bryant I wouldn't want Bote as the 3rd baseman. I absolutely do not want it with KB on the team.
    Must mostly be the eye test here because the metrics have him at -1 DRS and -5.1 UZR/150 and in 2018 he was 5 and 13.4. For his career hes 4 and 2.0

Meanwhile Bryant was -7 and -0.8 in twice the amount of innings this year than Bote.

It wouldnt be this earth shattering difference really.

Rangers did it with Gallo, Dodgers with Bellinger. With advanced preparation theres a chance it wont be disastrous.And Bryant's not that good there either. I wouldnt be surprised if he rates similarly in CF honestly. He was bad this year. Might as well let him be bad at a position that's nearly impossible to upgrade.

Well Bellinger played 150 innings in CF and had 1 DRS. He played 911 innings in right field this year and had.... 19 DRS. I mean I donít think heís a fair comp. I mean that almost prime Jason Heyward defense level, I donít think thatís fair to assume KB would ever be anywhere near that at any OF position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Well Bellinger played 150 innings in CF and had 1 DRS. He played 911 innings in right field this year and had.... 19 DRS. I mean I donít think heís a fair comp. I mean that almost prime Jason Heyward defense level, I donít think thatís fair to assume KB would ever be anywhere near that at any OF position.

IMO, this isn't even something we really need to discuss. I have not seen any word from the FO regarding moving KB to center. Seems every year a different guy on the team is mentioned as someone who could/should play center. As if it is an easy thing to do. I get them considering Hoerner. Might as well. He is without a spot if he is just a SS. But I do not get moving KB there when he isn't even a good corner outfielder. If I remember correctly, last year someone suggested LaStella. I think it might have been to the outfield, not center. But still not easy to just move someone to the outfield.

Cardinals (85-67) at Cubs (82-70) IGT: NL Central Showdown

How about Contreras + a prospect or 2 (not top 4 in the organization) for Pham and Anderson. Who says no. TB gets one more year of control.
    I just donít see them moving Pham . The reason they woukd trade for Willy during his arbi years is to make a run at winning during that tie because they are not resigning him. My guess is they keep Pham . Cubs are not getting McKay or Wander but I think Liberatore is realistic . With that said donít know if I like Liberatore enough.

At this point my favorite team for Willy is the Braves most likely with Ian Anderson as the main target . I would say Fried but thatís probably not realistic . I think Anderson may be. Wiegel could be interesting there as a secondary piece and move him into the pen. Luke Jackson would be interesting as well but Anderson / Jackson would probably be unrealistic .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 09-25-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I just donít see them moving Pham . The reason they woukd trade for Willy during his arbi years is to make a run at winning during that tie because they are not resigning him. My guess is they keep Pham . Cubs are not getting McKay or Wander but I think Liberatore is realistic . With that said donít know if I like Liberatore enough.

At this point my favorite team for Willy is the Braves most likely with Ian Anderson as the main target . I would say Fried but thatís probably not realistic . I think Anderson may be. Patrick Weigel could be interesting as a secondary piece there. I move him to the pen instead of starting .

At this point my favorite team for Willy is the Braves most likely with Ian Anderson as the main target . I would say Fried but thatís probably not realistic . I think Anderson may be. Wiegel could be interesting there as a secondary piece and move him into the pen. Luke Jackson would be interesting as well but Anderson / Jackson would probably be unrealistic .

Pham would be a great get. But I do understand your view on it. Maybe Baz and Anderson.

Or, as you suggested to Atlanta for the best pitching prospect they would part with.

Pham would be a great get. But I do understand your view on it. Maybe Baz and Anderson.

Or, as you suggested to Atlanta for the best pitching prospect they would part with.
    I rather get Ian Anderson from the Braves. Anderson / Jackson would be sweet . Doubt Atlanta includes both however .

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post

I think you twisted what I said or just plain misunderstood. I never said he could/would be as good as Bellinger was in RF, or even CF. Just that him and Gallo are 2 that you wouldnt really expect to play there, let alone play the position well, yet they did.

If KB could be, let's say, -5 or better, then hes most likely the best option within or outside the organization for CF. His bat will more than make up for the slight defensive shortcoming(s)

The position is so bad across the league that he would still give us top 5 positional value IMO. Look at Mark Canha: gave a -6 and -7.4, yet produced a 388 wOBA and was 6th in CF fwar. We have options at 3B. Bote should play, a lot, if they dont trade him. Hes a good hitter and they've paid him, so maximize the ROI.

And people act like it would be KBs first taste of CF and he would just be thrust into the unknown. He did play there in college. Theres not zero familiarity.

I rather get Ian Anderson from the Braves. Anderson / Jackson would be sweet . Doubt Atlanta includes both however .

I think we are in agreement. While it would be great to get Pham, it is doubtful. So get the best pitching prospect they can get for Contreras. Hopefully one ready to step in next year. Then deal Q for a pen arm. Or just don't take the option. That would give the Cubs around $40M to spend. Sign Grandal, Castellanos, and some pen arms/bench bats and go with what they have.

Don't really like this, but if the Cubs agreed to take Inciarte in a trade would that actually give them a better prospect back from the Braves for Contreras? He has to be negative value, right?

Another option is something like Heyward and Contreras for Inciarte and the best pitching prospect they can get back. Money moved to make the deal work?

I think the first is most likely. Simplest one.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283