Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub35 View Post
    Thanks and you should stop believing in this yearís cubs team cuz you are literally insane
    Iím sorry Iím not a negative Nancy like you are. Iíve said this time after time... I AM AWARE OF OUR PROBLEMS!! I know what our issues are. That doesnít mean Iím going to stop rooting for the team that Iíve dedicated so much time to!! Iím aware of where we stand. I donít know how else to say it. If itís ďinsaneĒ to say we have a chance at the WC then I guess Iím an idiot. We DO still have a chance at the WC as unbelievable as it sounds. That doesnít mean Iím thinking we will go on a run and win the WS like I feel like you think that thatís how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Bullpen is getting a lot of hate but starting pitching hasnít gone deep since Darvish threw 7 innings on Tuesday.
    They are a mess everywhere. A bad bullpen, terrible bench, holes in the lineup and 3/5 of the rotation are inconsistent. They have a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    They scored 3 runs in the 9th the other night. Sure seemed like the game was on the line then. Even today down one in the 7th. You can blame the bullpen for that.
    But it took until the 9th for any kind of pulse from this team. Couldnít do anything other than a Rizzo homer for 8 innings and yesterday was awful

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    The only promotion Hoyer would get would be Theoís job when he leaves. Doubt he gets it but if he has a good relationship with the Ricketts, he might be a candidate

It was a joke. They gave Jason McCleod a promotion for...God only knows. So I was joking that Hoyer will get a promotion for...God only knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub35 View Post
    What did you think of the 2 pinch hit ABs in the 9th? I thought if youíre going to let Garcia hit you might as
    Well just leave in Almora and Baez? I donít know about that one since I donít know what shape his thumb is in but you gotta think his timing was going to be way off
    The Baez PH was obviously desperation but was there a better option? Bote I guess.

I donít know why Robel PH other than the fact that he might run into one. He hasnít played in a while so I donít know what the expectation was there other than hoping to run into some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Based on what? Free agent signings? Hmm.
    Maybe theyíll do a 180 and actually make moves to add, literally anything, to the position player depth. They havenít that for three offseasons.
    I would be SHOCKED if nothing is done to this roster this offseason.

We didnít take care of business against the Brewers and the Reds. Now about to get swept by the Cards. The team did this to themselves. When it was time to win games especially when the Cards would lose we didnít and the Brewers did. We had opportunities to win games and it was lost by offense or the pitching.
    Last edited by AlCapone87; 09-21-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Itís going to be disappointing not playing October baseball but sometimes what a team needs is to be humbled. This might be for the best because Theo knows itís not good enough and he will hopefully be making some major changes I am sure.

Bryant, Baez, Willson, Rizzo, Schwarber are a very good top 5 of the lineup (not including Castellanos since heís a FA). But next year we canít have days where Bote, Almora, Happ, Heyward, Russell are all in the same lineup as they were a lot this year. We canít do anything about Heyward but at least 3 of the other 4 shouldnít be on the Cubs next year. If we can replace them all with contact hitters, I am completely comfortable with the core 5 and think we will see a much better hitting lineup next year with better results. Nico is someone who will be in Chicago from opening day.

The pitching and bullpen needs changing but I donít think itís terrible. Hendricks, Darvish, Q (can see his option activated) and Lester is totally fine with me. They need to find a 5th starter and there are some decent pitching in the minors who can all come up next year.

At least Joe isnít in charge of in-game decisions next year as he wonít be the manager, so at least we shouldnít see a lot of games lost because of his stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Guess Iíll have to get an off-season thread started very soon.

Two days ago would have been just about right for that.

It was a joke. They gave Jason McCleod a promotion for...God only knows. So I was joking that Hoyer will get a promotion for...God only knows.
    It wasnít a promotion.

I know but Hoyer will likely be a candidate to be Theoís replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    They shouldn't have shut him down, he needs innings to work back in like any pitcher who hasnt pitched in awhile. A player's salary is irrelevant, you make the best with the players who have based on how they're playing not how much they're making or what role their ego thinks they deserve or how they played last year or last month.

Its not rocket science, it's just adapting to the situation and being flexible.
    Do you really believe that? Come on. Of course players salary is relevant. Do you really think they would have kept marching Heyward out there everyday the last four years if he wasn't making 20 million? Or Starting Chatwood so many times last year if he wasn't making 13?

He is going to be put in and stay in the closers role until they fully believe he can't cut it. Look how long Strop was stuck in there, and he wasn't even paid to be the closer. Also, Kimbrel has been off all year. We really didn't need to see him pitch like crap the last two weeks of the season. They would have been better to just shut him down and let him reset next year. It's not like he was amazing before he was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Iím sorry Iím not a negative Nancy like you are. Iíve said this time after time... I AM AWARE OF OUR PROBLEMS!! I know what our issues are. That doesnít mean Iím going to stop rooting for the team that Iíve dedicated so much time to!! Iím aware of where we stand. I donít know how else to say it. If itís ďinsaneĒ to say we have a chance at the WC then I guess Iím an idiot. We DO still have a chance at the WC as unbelievable as it sounds. That doesnít mean Iím thinking we will go on a run and win the WS like I feel like you think that thatís how I feel.

Sorry man I donít think youíre an idiot, actually like your insight on the team but I was saying if you think that they are going to produce a different result from what they have been doing and trending then that is literally being insane. Iím frustrated with this team and Maddon. I can see when the cubs donít have it based on matchups and just watching them for so long over the years and itís not about being negative itís about being real and honest

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Lynched? Yikes.

I think you couldíve used a much better word than that. Thatís not a good word to use.
    Well, I guess I COULD have added the word effigy.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It wasnít a promotion.
    Whatever you want to call it, it wasnít deserved. Theo seems like a great friend.

Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast