Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I think its the talent is overrated. I think all of us significantly overvalued the talent on this team. Also the mental makeup. Its been clear for a couple years now that the guys on this team dont really care about winning. You can see it in their on field performance. Same thing happened with the Bears after 85.

They just care about getting paid. I cant say I blame them for that.
    Yeah. Iím sure thatís all they do care about

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Are you surprise ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    A little..

I mean, I hoped that they would play with a little sense of urgency tonight and have better ABs, knowing they need to win these games..

But it the same ol story we've seen all year..
    Look real good for a few games, get over that 10 games over 500 mark, then look like crap for a few games..

Everytime I see/hear a breakdown of their wins and losses on here, tv, radio, no matter what point they start at it the same, with them playing at or near 500 ball..

Oh well...

I'm confused. Aren't we winning? I mean, we've hit more home runs, right? Isn't baseball whoever hits the most home runs wins?

There's nobody more overrated on the Cubs than Theo Epstein. The constant shortcomings of this roster are nobody else's fault but his, regardless of what he claims.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yeah. Iím sure thatís all they do care about
    Yeah and its pretty obvious. This game proves my point. The Cardinals are not a talented team. They dont have very good players outside of Goldschmidt and Carpenter. Flaherty is average (flat fastball, average secondary stuff). The difference is their players care. They care about winning and worry about the paycheck later. Our guys dont give a ****.

Look at how poor our situational hitting is. Look at how poor our defense is. The baserunning gaffs, awful bullpen, mediocre starting pitching.

You are lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Id love to eat crow here but I dont see it anymore. Im starting to think more and more that we need a full rebuild. Maybe Whycant's trolling has gotten to me

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I think its the talent is overrated. I think all of us significantly overvalued the talent on this team. Also the mental makeup. Its been clear for a couple years now that the guys on this team dont really care about winning. You can see it in their on field performance. Same thing happened with the Bears after 85.

They just care about getting paid. I cant say I blame them for that.

Nope... Bears after 85 got bit by injuries and Free Agency..

Theyd get to the playoffs and then had to go to Flutie and Tomczak at QB because McMahon would be hurt

Rizzo is out. Major respect for him for trying

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Looks like I was right again like always. I look forward to seeing how the direction of this team will change this offseason.

By Monday we'll see Lucroy Happ Descalso Kemp Bote Russell Almora all getting in the lineup more..

Maybe we'll see Alzolay get a couple starts

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Nope... Bears after 85 got bit by injuries and Free Agency..

Theyd get to the playoffs and then had to go to Flutie and Tomczak at QB because McMahon would be hurt
    Sure injuries were a part of it but their locker room was a disaster in 86 and 8. Too many guys *****ing about endorsements and pay

Sure injuries were a part of it but their locker room was a disaster in 86 and 8. Too many guys *****ing about endorsements and pay

Well yea they wanted to get paid and for most deservingly..

Marshall Wilson Gault etc. left via FA cause the Mccaskeys didn't want to pay them what they deserved

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    There's nobody more overrated on the Cubs than Theo Epstein. The constant shortcomings of this roster are nobody else's fault but his, regardless of what he claims.
    Well heís going to change that this offseason. Heís been more visibly pissed off this year that Iíve ever seen him and about it being Theoís fault... do you really believe the cubs arenít more talented than the cardinals position by position? Bader? Edman? Ozuna? Fowler? An aging Molina? The difference in these teams is that one plays harder, has a better understanding of game situations (IQ) and has a manager that makes better decisions like leaving starters in longer and sticking with a consistent lineup

Exciting to lose the division to a mediocre cardinal team.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Well yea they wanted to get paid and for most deservingly..

Marshall Wilson Gault etc. left via FA cause the Mccaskeys didn't want to pay them what they deserved
    Im not hating on them for wanting to get paid. Im always on the players side on that issue. But wish we saw more guys like Brady for example who are willing to tske paycuts to win (yeah i know he can afford it cause of his wife).

Again im on the players side on the pay issue.

Yeah and its pretty obvious. This game proves my point. The Cardinals are not a talented team. They dont have very good players outside of Goldschmidt and Carpenter. Flaherty is average (flat fastball, average secondary stuff) . The difference is their players care. They care about winning and worry about the paycheck later. Our guys dont give a ****.

Look at how poor our situational hitting is. Look at how poor our defense is. The baserunning gaffs, awful bullpen, mediocre starting pitching.

You are lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Id love to eat crow here but I dont see it anymore. Im starting to think more and more that we need a full rebuild. Maybe Whycant's trolling has gotten to me

Lol.

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast