Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ref Bias and beyond

That's a rule likely coming straight from Patribot Goodell. The NFL's fixed in New England's favor as always.

#7 here we go

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

I really wish Goodell didn't love the Patriots so much... Dude needs to be replaced. His bias is out of control

When a team is obviously losing on purpose like Miami, any hits that injure real NFL players should be heavily penalized. Just no reason to go hurt a guy because your team sucks.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

What was the hit? I’ve heard of refs if a receiver or DE is lining up somewhat offsides the ref just tells him “hey watch out and take a step back” without calling a penalty. Have a feeling that the ref was most likely doing that here. “Hey I don’t want to throw a flag so watch out, stay off Tom.” That’s a more realistic scenario to me than the ref telling the other team not to hit Tom. If it was some bias to protect him they’d throw a flag, not issue a verbal warning IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That's pathetic lol

Once again this is all about money. 20 years ago just a handful of QB got this treatment. Today all of them do . You can barely touch any of them . Yet I forget what game it was but a guy went up to catch a pass and was hit on his legs full speed while his feet were in the air he landed on his head full force no flag

Not sure about this kinda stuff.If a ref wants to warn guys not to risk taking a flag then just warn them but don't name specific players as guys to lay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    When a team is obviously losing on purpose like Miami, any hits that injure real NFL players should be heavily penalized. Just no reason to go hurt a guy because your team sucks.
    Dude, they're all 'real' NFL players and should be officiated the same way everyone else is. His hit was legal, his hit was not penalized.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    Not sure about this kinda stuff.If a ref wants to warn guys not to risk taking a flag then just warn them but don't name specific players as guys to lay off.
    he not only named a specific player, he called him by his first name!

I'm so sick of the officiating bias in Foxboro, Lambeau, and the Super Dome, it passed ridiculous years ago.
    Roger Gotohell can't retire soon enough...but at least he's talking about it

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    he not only named a specific player, he called him by his first name!

I'm so sick of the officiating bias in Foxboro, Lambeau, and the Super Dome, it passed ridiculous years ago.
    Roger Gotohell can't retire soon enough...but at least he's talking about it
    Yeah, the refs sure do favor the Saints too much.

The defender put his hands up as if he himself was worried about a flag. The official proceeded to not grow a flag and just tell him to watch it. Seems like he was just giving the defender a general reminder. If he’s trying to favor Brady I’d think he would throw the flag on the hit the defender himself was borderline illegal.

The first name does sound weird for a ref to say but it’s Tom Brady. The refs have been working with him for 20 years now so I don’t think it’s like super absurd or anything to call him by name at this point.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Yeah, the refs sure do favor the Saints too much.
    one play....one stinking play doesn't change the typical bias they enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast