Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Those are the only things Dwight can do. Do you expect him to start trying 3s?
    I'm just pointing out that if Howard accepts his role and plays hard, Davis has a better chance of sticking at power forward. If he starts demanding more touches, clashes with teammates and doesn't give enough effort, like he has in previous stops, Davis might have to move to center to keep the Lakers humming. I don't see McGee filling the void.

How long does AD at the PF last?

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I'm just pointing out that if Howard accepts his role and plays hard, Davis has a better chance of sticking at power forward. If he starts demanding more touches, clashes with teammates and doesn't give enough effort, like he has in previous stops, Davis might have to move to center to keep the Lakers humming. I don't see McGee filling the void.
    Even if he isnít demanding touches his defender isnít following him outside the paint so unless D12 is going to catching a lot of lobs he taking space from LeBron who loves to collapse the defense from the post and allowing another big to cheat to AD. I just donít see any lineup with AD at the 4 and someone who canít shoot outside of 3 feet at the 5 as optimum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    He's not going to do any of that stuff. He's on a nonguaranteed deal. I still can't believe he signed such a team-friendly deal, especially with the Lakers of all teams.

Lakers really gonna have LeBron at PG? I'm sure there will be plenty of shifting where SG or SF shifts down and LeBron goes up to PF. Isn't that a bit risky LeBron throwing lazy fouls at speedy PG's? Also be a bit tired chasing them around. LeBron isn't getting any younger. Not saying Kemba would of signed there. But being in a hurry and spending on Green, KCP, Rondo, Bradley, Cousins, McGee,Cook. Could of got that third star or fringe All Star.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Lakers really gonna have LeBron at PG? I'm sure there will be plenty of shifting where SG or SF shifts down and LeBron goes up to PF. Isn't that a bit risky LeBron throwing lazy fouls at speedy PG's? Also be a bit tired chasing them around. LeBron isn't getting any younger. Not saying Kemba would of signed there. But being in a hurry and spending on Green, KCP, Rondo, Bradley, Cousins, McGee,Cook. Could of got that third star or fringe All Star.
    The depth we got > Kemba.

Also, lebron playing PG on offense, which he has done his entire career isnt new...

Defensively, we'd still have someone like Bradley guarding opposing PGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post

Also, lebron playing PG on offense, which he has done his entire career isnt new...

I think Avery Bradley could have a big bounce back year in LA. IMO his skill set fits really well next to LeBron. If he can get back to where he was or close he could have a big year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'd argue LA's lack of quality depth is its biggest issue

Still could of chased Kemba. Then landed somebody at vet minimums. Instead paid these guys and their not to exciting. Cousins was only decent one till he got injured. Rondo is still toxic and doesn't stretch the floor. KCP is okay but wont move the needle. McGee still a knucklehead. Green been up and down. Raptor fans were bitter with him through some of last season. Bradley not so sure how much he has left.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I'd argue LA's lack of quality depth is its biggest issue
    Im not arguing against that, having kemba would only make that worse tho haha

Depends on ring chasers for vet minimum. Heck but with Kemba. You may of landed Anderson. Not saying signing Anderson is championship. But he changed his mind and picked Harden/Westbrook combo over old man LeBron and often injured AD. Any random third star or fringe star may have helped in the long run or right now as well. Now Lakers counting on Kuzma to be that third star or traded later for a third star.

Yeah, I think its tough to say. I feel like outside of KCP and Green, everyone that the Lakers signed could've been had with the vet. minimum under different circumstances. Pure speculation though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123