Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Packers Trade WR Trevor Davis to the Oakland Raiders

Packers unload i mean trade Trevor Davis. Roto "Raiders acquired WR Trevor Davis from the Packers.
    SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Sep 18, 2019, 5:23 PM ET"

Packers Trade WR Trevor Davis to the Oakland Raiders

Last edited by PackerBum9786; 09-18-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    Packers unload i mean trade Trevor Davis. Roto "Raiders acquired WR Trevor Davis from the Packers.
    Don't really understand the move. Would have liked to see Davis get more of a shot at WR, since they seem to be lacking playmakers outside of Adams.

From what I have been reading this Tremon Smith the packers claimed off waivers from the Chiefs is an "electric kick returner and an effective special teams gunner" so I am guessing between him and Shepherd they figured Davis was expendable

i mean meh, Davis was a speedster from the Al Davis Winning Championships in the NFL from the 70's playbook. all he had was speed. that was it. it does not say what but i am guessing it's a 7th rounder with a best case being a 6th if we totally pantsed Oakland.

who was the greater value? Jeff Janis or Trevor Davis.

Gute pantsed Oakland! he got a 6th rounder. Roto: "Raiders acquired WR Trevor Davis from the Packers in exchange for a 2020 sixth-round pick.
    Davis only played 23 snaps with the Packers this season and a total of 216 since being drafted No. 163 overall in 2016. Oakland's interest is likely short-sighted as the 26-year-old did punch the Raiders in the mouth for 5/78/1 in Green Bay's third preseason game. He'll compete with recent pickup Tremon Smith to be the team's primary kick returner until Dwayne Harris is healthy.

don't know if this is reliable or not but, its the only thing I have seen about what the Packers got in exchange for Davis

Seemed like Davis was maybe gonna be a good fit for some of the jet motion looks the O employs. Saw a few plays around twitter that had Allison running sweeps and being the option for a checkdown in space etc. Thats not his game at all. St.Brown was probably gonna be ahead of him in those looks but either was Allison isn't that player at all. Even MVS hasn't looked that great with the ball in his hands.

Davis was kinda the only dude who had potential to break a big play. Even 2 or 3 a season can be huge

I'm guessing we won't have to wait more than 2-3 weeks for the first muffed punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'm guessing we won't have to wait more than 2-3 weeks for the first muffed punt.
    ehh the more I read the more I am kind of excited to see what this Smith kid can do. I guess the Chiefs were even doing some work with him as a wr/rb as well as DB because of his athleticism. Even Tyreek Hill said in an interview that Smith was faster than he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Norm! nice to see you post. we need more posts by you, thank you. i hope you are wrong about muffed punts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Seemed like Davis was maybe gonna be a good fit for some of the jet motion looks the O employs. Saw a few plays around twitter that had Allison running sweeps and being the option for a checkdown in space etc. Thats not his game at all. St.Brown was probably gonna be ahead of him in those looks but either was Allison isn't that player at all. Even MVS hasn't looked that great with the ball in his hands.

Davis was kinda the only dude who had potential to break a big play. Even 2 or 3 a season can be huge
    I do agree with this. Perhaps they see something in Shepard to be able to do some of that stuff as well.

One thing I noticed though was that he really wasn't doing well as a gunner this year, whereas he was pretty decent in the past. Perhaps that played a part as well.

Plus, we don't really seem to value the return game. We don't really block to set up punt returns. So really, it doesnt matter as much who's back there as long as they are reliable. They really aren't going to be getting a ton of chances.

We arent exactly stacked at wr right now, so I guess i dont understand getting rid of one.