Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,454
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Agreed. As far as I'm concerned this game should end all talk of Mullens.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    There was talk of Mullens? Really? For me it's simple. Either Jimmy G is our guy or he isn't. But that just means our guy isn't on the roster.

    The real question. Do they dump CJ Beatherd, when Coleman comes back, b/c I think they lose Wilson if they try to put him back on PS. Or someone (twitterverse) mentioned moving Coleman.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720
    Oh, and don't look now, but favorite whipping boy Arik Armstead may be the teams 2nd best DL so far (only because Bosa and Ford are not out there all game yet) ... he's been playing multiple positions, getting pressure, clogging up running lanes, hustling.

    All those people predicting he'd be gone next year ... he may not be if he keeps playing like this.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    There was talk of Mullens? Really? For me it's simple. Either Jimmy G is our guy or he isn't. But that just means our guy isn't on the roster.

    The real question. Do they dump CJ Beatherd, when Coleman comes back, b/c I think they lose Wilson if they try to put him back on PS. Or someone (twitterverse) mentioned moving Coleman.
    They put TT on IR for an OT ... when Coleman comes back it may be the OT who goes.

    I loved Wilson coming out of college but I didn't expect him to be such a good short yardage guy.

    All I want is the team to get healthy and stay healthy. The offense could add Coleman, Hurd, and Taylor in the next month. Yikes.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,824
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Went 5-0 in 2017 with the EXACT same team that was 1-10 without him.
    I'll give you that 5-0. But he was 1-1 with the same team as CJ and Mullens last year.

    He makes good throws, but he also makes absolutely terrible ones and horrible decisions. I personally don't think hes the answer, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. This is a playoff defense, our running game is very damn good, and I'm surprised with how well our receivers compliment each other with Kittle being the focal point. If JG can take the next step that you guys are saying he did, but I'm still seeing a LOT left out there. I'm being very critical and hesitant with him. I would love to be wrong though
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'll give you that 5-0. But he was 1-1 with the same team as CJ and Mullens last year.

    He makes good throws, but he also makes absolutely terrible ones and horrible decisions. I personally don't think hes the answer, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. This is a playoff defense, our running game is very damn good, and I'm surprised with how well our receivers compliment each other with Kittle being the focal point. If JG can take the next step that you guys are saying he did, but I'm still seeing a LOT left out there. I'm being very critical and hesitant with him. I would love to be wrong though
    I agree. He needs to have a rhythm to his play to avoid the really bad mechanics habits he gets in sometimes. They've been working on him all-offseason on fixing those bad habits. So what we've got to do is continue to see him use good mechanics more than the bad, and yesterday was definitely far more good than bad than he had in any game last year or the year before. Maybe he's figuring it out.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree. He needs to have a rhythm to his play to avoid the really bad mechanics habits he gets in sometimes. They've been working on him all-offseason on fixing those bad habits. So what we've got to do is continue to see him use good mechanics more than the bad, and yesterday was definitely far more good than bad than he had in any game last year or the year before. Maybe he's figuring it out.
    I hope so, because that would make it a lot easier
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720
    20 plays for 45 yards

    That's what the D gave up TOTAL on the 5 drives after a turnover.

    That's an average drive of 4 plays for 9 yards.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,954
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'll give you that 5-0. But he was 1-1 with the same team as CJ and Mullens last year.

    He makes good throws, but he also makes absolutely terrible ones and horrible decisions. I personally don't think hes the answer, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. This is a playoff defense, our running game is very damn good, and I'm surprised with how well our receivers compliment each other with Kittle being the focal point. If JG can take the next step that you guys are saying he did, but I'm still seeing a LOT left out there. I'm being very critical and hesitant with him. I would love to be wrong though
    I'm honestly hesitant to call him the guy myself. My only argument is with the ones doubting he's the best QB on the roster. While inconsistent, his best moments have shown more than anyone else on the roster. I also think it's very easy to forget how little experience he has, and I believe he'll continue to improve the more he plays.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Oh, and don't look now, but favorite whipping boy Arik Armstead may be the teams 2nd best DL so far (only because Bosa and Ford are not out there all game yet) ... he's been playing multiple positions, getting pressure, clogging up running lanes, hustling.

    All those people predicting he'd be gone next year ... he may not be if he keeps playing like this.
    AA won't be back because he's going to be too expensive. You can have either AA or Buck. You don't get to have both.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    AA won't be back because he's going to be too expensive. You can have either AA or Buck. You don't get to have both.
    Maybe. Maybe not.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,561
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'll give you that 5-0. But he was 1-1 with the same team as CJ and Mullens last year.

    He makes good throws, but he also makes absolutely terrible ones and horrible decisions. I personally don't think hes the answer, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. This is a playoff defense, our running game is very damn good, and I'm surprised with how well our receivers compliment each other with Kittle being the focal point. If JG can take the next step that you guys are saying he did, but I'm still seeing a LOT left out there. I'm being very critical and hesitant with him. I would love to be wrong though
    What is your expectation? When you say he's not the answer, what do you mean? Because I get the feeling that you expect him to be the next Young or Montana, or among the elite QBs in the league, and that is a pretty unrealistic expectation.

    He has played well so far overall. Yes, he has some rust and made some bad plays. But he was basically not playing for a long time. Expecting him to come out and be Mahomes is unrealistic. So far, I see a guy good enough to get us far in the playoffs.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,824
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What is your expectation? When you say he's not the answer, what do you mean? Because I get the feeling that you expect him to be the next Young or Montana, or among the elite QBs in the league, and that is a pretty unrealistic expectation.

    He has played well so far overall. Yes, he has some rust and made some bad plays. But he was basically not playing for a long time. Expecting him to come out and be Mahomes is unrealistic. So far, I see a guy good enough to get us far in the playoffs.
    He has the same things that he had that I didnt like before. He doesnt step through his throws, he fades away and uses all arm and it makes him inaccurate.

    I dont expect Young or Montana, but I do expect Jeff Garcia type.
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    He has the same things that he had that I didnt like before. He doesnt step through his throws, he fades away and uses all arm and it makes him inaccurate.

    I dont expect Young or Montana, but I do expect Jeff Garcia type.
    His mechanics are better more often.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,525
    Jeff Garcia - arguably the most underrated/under appreciated QB of all time...

    IMO, that’s still quite the expectation, but I think Jimmy G is capable of that and maybe more.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,525
    My frustration lies in the turnovers, and yes, i realize these are debatable.

    Yes, many of the interceptions have been tipped or bobbled.

    The fumbled snap - I thought JT O’Sullivan generally described these pretty well once (can’t remember where I heard it) - that if the QB recovers it, it was most likely a bad snap. If anyone else recovers it, it was most likely fumbled because the QB pulled out early. We can give benefit of the doubt here.

    Neither of those scenarios are an exact science. I think though, that while we can generally apply the “if the receiver gets his hands on it” logic to tipped pass interceptions, we should also consider trends and the frequency at which tipped pass INTs occur for a particular QB.

    For example, hypothetically, if in most of these scenarios for a particular QB these are line drive throws into heavy coverage and tip the outstretched hands of a receiver, is that really always solely the receiver’s fault?

    If these catches are made, the QB is praised as a ‘gunslinger’ who ‘threads the needle’ and there’s minimal mention of the WRs. If the pass is tipped and picked off it’s almost always the guy who’s physical well-being is on the line who is assigned the blame.

    Whatever it is, I’m behind Jimmy. For the whole of his career, he still hasn’t started one season’s worth of football games - he’s still just getting his feet wet. I think the offense as a whole still needs to develop chemistry and comfort in the system and these mistakes will start to shrink away.

    Let’s hope anyway, because as we’ve seen thus far, there is a lot of potential here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •