Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It's weird, the mistakes are all over the place on the offense. Every player on offense made unusual mistakes.

Skule getting called for the blind side block seems to be BS to me. I see OL blocking DL toward their endzone on most plays.

Deebo completed that catch.

There was a blatant late hit not called.

Bosa is quick to read and flatten. He's better at it than I expected. It's fun having a pass rush again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I guess we must have watched a different game. Jimmy Garoppolo played a great game. Both of the interceptions hit the hands of the pass catcher. Aside from those, Jimmy spent the entire game making great throws while getting nailed by defensive linemen. There's no way Mullens won that game today, zero chance!
    Agreed. As far as I'm concerned this game should end all talk of Mullens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Skule getting called for the blind side block seems to be BS to me. I see OL blocking DL toward their endzone on most plays.

Deebo completed that catch.

There was a blatant late hit not called.
    I thought that Skule did a really good job considering that he is a rookie 6th round pick playing in his first game. Like you said, that blind side block call was bs. The other penalty was a hold, but it was a "smart" hold because he was beat and Jimmy was going to get creamed if he didn't hold there. That's the only play that I remember him getting beat.

Jeff Deeney from Pro Football Focus:

"The stats won’t show it but that might have been Garoppolo’s best game as a Niner. Constantly stood in the pocket and made good throws with pressure in his face, was able to extend several plays with his feet, and threw an absolute dime for the game-winning TD."

Matt Maiocco:

"His stats might not be all that impressive because of the two interceptions off the hands of intended targets, but this is a great game for Jimmy Garoppolo."

Kyle Shanahan:

"I thought Jimmy played well. He was put in some tough situations with all the turnovers. I think he had two picks, but they seemed like pretty good throws. Just went off those guys hands a little bit. He hung in there, took some big hits, made some big throws and when we did give him the time, he didn’t miss much.”

I was watching the same game that these three were watching.

Bizarre game. Just terrible luck with the turnovers, one of those games where it just seems the universe is against you. That being said, great job pulling out the win. Our team looks legit.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Bizarre game. Just terrible luck with the turnovers, one of those games where it just seems the universe is against you. That being said, great job pulling out the win. Our team looks legit.
    After the first 4 turnovers the team was down 6=0. The defense was killing it.

Thats what I'm taking from it. Defense played very well

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Hopefully Spoon is back for the Browns, kinda a blessing to get this bye so early with some guys banged up..

Verrett was in for two plays and got burned badly on both, it looked as if I was out there trying to cover the WR, lol

We definitely need to clean it up, very lucky to win a game with 5 TO's but our D is legit. Ford, Bosa and Buckner are getting after the QB all game, Armstead actually looks decent this year, our LB's are extremely fast and our DB's are playing well with the help of the better pass rush.

Our O line does scare me though, I'm not the biggest fan of McGlinchey for such a high pick, i really was hoping Nelson fell to us, he's an absolute beast!

Oh, I'm aware. It came off very much as an old NFL Blitz game where the computer automatically balances it out if one team looks too good. Basically anytime we moved the ball, the football Gods made us turn it over to keep it close. I cringe to think how much Pittsburgh would have been up had Big Ben played and we turned it over that much at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    With a much muuuuuuuch better supporting cast.
    Went 5-0 in 2017 with the EXACT same team that was 1-10 without him.

Whew... So happy they pulled that one out...

It was one of those raging post game types that was building.

The mistakes are actually quite consistent with Kyle's teams over 2+ years, but this team has a defense that just doesn't allow anything.

I know Lakers doesn't like my rankings, but I post them positive or negative. The 49ers currently have the #4 offense in football, and the #2 defense in football. Only one other team boasts top 5 rankings in both categories, and that's a team that's faced three opponents that are 0-9. The New England Patriots.

I think Kyle gets too cute for his own good, and I give him credit for shoving that out the door in the 2nd half, they seemed a little more poised. But this might have been the worst red zone performance I've ever seen in football. 3 turnovers inside the 15? WTF?

Hope Spoon is healthy. They benched Verrett pretty quickly. I wonder if that's the moment where you realize the game (and the WR) has passed you by.

A game that tells the team they have work to do. (at least on offense)...

Not the best day for McGlinchey, but he won't always have stellar games.

Kwon has far exceeded any expectations I had for him. Last week, I said he's by far the best free agent signing that Kyle/Lynch have made. I have yet to find evidence to the contrary. He is so good, haven't seen LB play like this since Bowman/Willis... (maybe Borland flashed a little)
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

The 49ers are also tied w/ Bengals and Dolphins for 8 giveaways which is a league worst... just imagine how good they'd be if they held onto the ball.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Whew... So happy they pulled that one out...

It was one of those raging post game types that was building.

The mistakes are actually quite consistent with Kyle's teams over 2+ years, but this team has a defense that just doesn't allow anything.

I know Lakers doesn't like my rankings, but I post them positive or negative. The 49ers currently have the #4 offense in football, and the #2 defense in football. Only one other team boasts top 5 rankings in both categories, and that's a team that's faced three opponents that are 0-9. The New England Patriots.

I think Kyle gets too cute for his own good, and I give him credit for shoving that out the door in the 2nd half, they seemed a little more poised. But this might have been the worst red zone performance I've ever seen in football. 3 turnovers inside the 15? WTF?

Hope Spoon is healthy. They benched Verrett pretty quickly. I wonder if that's the moment where you realize the game (and the WR) has passed you by.

A game that tells the team they have work to do. (at least on offense)...

Not the best day for McGlinchey, but he won't always have stellar games.

Kwon has far exceeded any expectations I had for him. Last week, I said he's by far the best free agent signing that Kyle/Lynch have made. I have yet to find evidence to the contrary. He is so good, haven't seen LB play like this since Bowman/Willis... (maybe Borland flashed a little)
    Where are they ranked in penalties/yards?

Spoon is supposedly not likely to miss any games.

The mistakes on offense were everywhere, and generally each player that made a mistake didn't make another one.

The Steelers were sending 5 regularly, and when the 49ers ran a cute play action it meant, at least twice, that McGlinchy was faced with needing to block 2 guys with no help (TE in motion, WR/TE lined up in backfield, etc). I guess it says something positive about the coaches expectations for McG that they didn't change the offense to protect him, but I'd have liked to see some 3 step drop quick passes into the vacated short middle of the defense to force the steelers out of that plan.

Kwon is amazing. Why was he allowed to be a free agent? But not only him, the whole defense has been FAR more aggressive and quicker than last year, including a bunch of players who were around then. It's fun to see.

Verrett was replaced by Moseley and the defense solidified. Not a good week for Verrett ... I wonder what they do with him now ... my guess is we don't see him short of an emergency.

On offense, hold on to the ball, catch the ball, keep working on those penalties.

On defense, tighten up on the wrapping up ... too many shove/hit tackles rather than dragging someone down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast