Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First 3-0 since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    JG is not the Qb of the future. I hope we keep Mullens and extend him
    I guess we must have watched a different game. Jimmy Garoppolo played a great game. Both of the interceptions hit the hands of the pass catcher. Aside from those, Jimmy spent the entire game making great throws while getting nailed by defensive linemen. There's no way Mullens won that game today, zero chance!

Nasty win, but Iíll take it. Unfortunate plays but our defense is legit

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I guess we must have watched a different game. Jimmy Garoppolo played a great game. Both of the interceptions hit the hands of the pass catcher. Aside from those, Jimmy spent the entire game making great throws while getting nailed by defensive linemen. There's no way Mullens won that game today, zero chance!
    I just got done watching the nfl.com highlights, the 1st INT is 100% on Breida bobbling it into the air, the 2nd is maybe partially on Jimmy as it was a tight spot throw that wasn't fully on target, thus the deflection, but far from a bad pass. Bad snaps are shared in my book between the C and QB.

Bosa not on the stat sheet, but got after the QB a ton.

Interceptions were unfortunate but u canít blame everything on jimmy

We were trying to find ways to lose and we didn't. This is the type of game we definitely lose last year and the year before. I don't know, I'm almost more impressed with this win than any of the other two. This had trap written all over it.

Offense had 5 terrible plays and the D had 2. If those 7 plays are struck from the record it's 55-0.

Better on penalties this week, and other than 1 bad play and one bogus call Skule did really a good job.

It took 2 plays to get Verrett replaced by Moseley.

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Interceptions were unfortunate but u canít blame everything on jimmy
    He did say Jimmy played a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Rudolph ain't bad, and the Steelers o-line is decent in pass pro I think their offense will have their moments. Their D is also full of talent, they're just young. I'm concerned with Staley out. I think we ultimately squeak out a win but it will be close for most of the game.

49ers: 24
    Steelers: 17
    I was close...

Winning ugly is something good teams do. Their first 6 points came off of our turnovers, they only had 70 something yards in the first half. We also turned it over twice deep in the red zone, we could've easily had a blowout win.

This was Jimmy's best game of the year so far imo. The pick to Breida wasn't his fault, and while the pick to Pettis wasn't the best decision, it wasn't entirely on him. Other than that we moved the ball well throughout the game but turnovers kept taking points off the board. Jimmy took a bunch of hits and made some tough throws including the game winner. Love his scrappiness and the team seems to really around him. Also love the Brady esque sneak he pulled off twice in short yardage situations.

Just an update for anyone wanting Jimmy benched:

49ers record since Shanahan was hired:

-With Jimmy G: 9-2

Any other QB: 4-20

Nope, watched the same game. Watching JG bailing on every pass for the most part, forcing throws he has no business doing. The first int wasn't his fault, the second one was, then there was one that was a horrible throw that I believe Deebo? Made one hell of an attempt to catch the ball that should have been picked off. The fumbled snap was JGs fault, he bailed.

I dont think Mullens makes the same mistakes and takes better care of the ball, I think we absolutely win that game with Mullend, but we will never know.

Defense looks very good sans Verrett, hopefully he figures it out. Feels great to be 3-0. Very sloppy game, but still won

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    This was Jimmy's best game of the year so far imo. The pick to Breida wasn't his fault, and while the pick to Pettis wasn't the best decision, it wasn't entirely on him. Other than that we moved the ball well throughout the game but turnovers kept taking points off the board. Jimmy took a bunch of hits and made some tough throws including the game winner. Love his scrappiness and the team seems to really around him. Also love the Brady esque sneak he pulled off twice in short yardage situations.

Just an update for anyone wanting Jimmy benched:

49ers record since Shanahan was hired:

-With Jimmy G: 9-2

Any other QB: 4-20
    With a much muuuuuuuch better supporting cast.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I hope the line and Kyle spend some time watching what the Steelers were doing to get quick pressure to counter it, because they didn't really adjust at half time.

Speculation is Witherspoon is going to be okay.

Steelers were sending DBs from in close several times and 5 guys a lot to get the quick pressure. Game planning can kill a team who does that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast