Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The new WWE Network thread

It's a new era with NXT moving to tv, I'm rebooting the WWE Network thread. This for NXT UK, documentaries, original shows, classic shows and clips.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

So can someone one explain to me what the big deal about Jordan Myles shirt is? It looks like every other generic NXT/WWE Tshirt
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    So can someone one explain to me what the big deal about Jordan Myles shirt is? It looks like every other generic NXT/WWE Tshirt
    I think the problem is that some people are saying it looks like it was designed to look like the a stereotype of a black man smiling. There's a name for the meme/stereotype but I don't want to be Googling it on my work computer for obvious reasons.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

I saw this story somewhere a little while ago and it said that Myles approved of the shirt before WWE started production but then started a fuss about it later. Also he has a history of crying ‘racism’ to try and draw attention in every wrestling promotion he has been in.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    I saw this story somewhere a little while ago and it said that Myles approved of the shirt before WWE started production but then started a fuss about it later. Also he has a history of crying ‘racism’ to try and draw attention in every wrestling promotion he has been in.
    I won't say that I'm surprised. I know virtually no backstory. What I will say is that I would not wear the shirt. Even if it's not explicitly racist, it strikes me the wrong way. And even if it's not at all racist, it's an absolutely ****ing lazy design. But just about every shirt WWE makes today is lazy AF.

https://www.rarevintagewear.com/wp-c...1074059172.jpg
    https://d2h1pu99sxkfvn.cloudfront.ne...wjfE7Ss/P0.jpg
    https://process.fs.grailed.com/AJdAg...RpSyqvhIV93Ytx
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/re8AA...GSX/s-l300.jpg

I hope the links for those work. I had some weird copy and paste issues. But they are old shirts from some of the top guys from the past. They mop the floor with the lazy AF designs they put out now.
    _____

Rewatching some of the old RAWs starting from Eric Bischoff’s debut back in July 2002. RAW coming from Seattle on August 12, 2002 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think the problem is that some people are saying it looks like it was designed to look like the a stereotype of a black man smiling. There's a name for the meme/stereotype but I don't want to be Googling it on my work computer for obvious reasons.
    The term is blackface. It's basically a type of makeup that artists used back in the day in comedy gigs.
    With regards to Myles' shirt design, in my opinion, you will only see the racist element if you go searching for it. Nobody noticed it until Myles went shouting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WrExpert View Post
    The term is blackface. It's basically a type of makeup that artists used back in the day in comedy gigs.
    With regards to Myles' shirt design, in my opinion, you will only see the racist element if you go searching for it. Nobody noticed it until Myles went shouting about it.
    No this is different than black face. And I remembered the name, it's Sambo. It's distinctly different from black face.
    _____