Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 3: Giants at Bucs; The Debut of Danny Dimes

Or whatever his nickname of the day is.

Gonna be very interesting to see how he makes the jump to a regular season game against a decent D. Not much room for error and itís going to move fast for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Or whatever his nickname of the day is.

Gonna be very interesting to see how he makes the jump to a regular season game against a decent D. Not much room for error and itís going to move fast for him.

Doesn't help that he has a pretty crappy receiving core.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Doesn't help that he has a pretty crappy receiving core.

I donít understand how you use that high of a pick on your future QB and then trade one of the best receivers the franchise has ever had. Itís insane.

He knows the impact that Plax had on Eli.

So who is the guy for Jones?

Heís gonna get his *** handed to him. And thatís ok. The NFL learning curve is steep.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I donít understand how you use that high of a pick on your future QB and then trade one of the best receivers the franchise has ever had. Itís insane.

He knows the impact that Plax had on Eli.

So who is the guy for Jones?

Shep/engram/Tate is plenty of good enough weapons imo. Iím sure theyíll draft a WR for him or maybe go after a vet like Green in the offseason
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Heís gonna get his *** handed to him. And thatís ok. The NFL learning curve is steep.

I expect him to do good.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

They need to take Hamilton off the field put love and balentine in. No way theyíll do worse than Hamilton/Haley. Iím optimistic they will eventually improve but itís going to be rough on defense. We might have to make a change at dC if the rumors that he overcomplicates the defense. If your confusing your own players and thatís the reason these guys are wide open then get rid of him. I understand the lack of a pass rush hurts but man itís bad.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Well they should also let Baker play press coverage. I mean, isn't that what he did so well at Georgia and why he was taken in the 1st round?

Playing him 7-10 yards off the ball and not letting him jam the receiver seems to take away one of his biggest strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yes

Shep/engram/Tate is plenty of good enough weapons imo. Iím sure theyíll draft a WR for him or maybe go after a vet like Green in the offseason
    Shep and Tate are redundant. They both excel in the slot and neither are really good outside.

This coaching staff has shown that they really either

1. Dont know how to use EE

or

2. He is just not that good.

Getting Slayton back would be good because he is a deep threat that this team lacks for better or worse. But, that's if he can hold onto the ball and stay healthy.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Well they should also let Baker play press coverage. I mean, isn't that what he did so well at Georgia and why he was taken in the 1st round?

Playing him 7-10 yards off the ball and not letting him jam the receiver seems to take away one of his biggest strengths.
    Yes, I was screaming that last week. Well not screaming. But, scratching my head.

Sterling Shepard cleared protocol. Cleared to play.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Shep and Tate are redundant. They both excel in the slot and neither are really good outside.

This coaching staff has shown that they really either

1. Dont know how to use EE

or

2. He is just not that good.

Getting Slayton back would be good because he is a deep threat that this team lacks for better or worse. But, that's if he can hold onto the ball and stay healthy.

Theyíve both shown the abilty to play on the outside, I think itíll be fine. I also think engram is very good, I think heís more of the guy we seen week 1 vs week 2. Week 2 was a **** show with no healthy WRs. I think jones will be fine with these weapons.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Theyíve both shown the abilty to play on the outside, I think itíll be fine. I also think engram is very good, I think heís more of the guy we seen week 1 vs week 2. Week 2 was a **** show with no healthy WRs. I think jones will be fine with these weapons.
    You may be right.

But, given this coaching staffs inability to get the most out of its players thus far, I think it's valid to be concerned.

Jones actually fits the short to mid range passing offense way better than Eli if you go by what he did well at a Duke.

So I think Tate and Shep will be very good with him as QB. Perhaps Engram as well but Iím still not sure if heís being used as a real TE or another slot guy.

But absolutely they need to get Slayton in the offense regularly. One big play downfield from him and it will completely open up the mid range game. He can outrun any corner.

He might just not be ready for that. CB is one of the hardest transitions from college to nfl. Press might get him destroyed u til heís up to speed.

Like Prince. He ended up being a solid nfl cb but his rookie year he got roasted off the line.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast