Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Ungrateful?

Dude got paid, but soared the Dubs to Titles. Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Ungrateful?

Dude got paid, but soared the Dubs to Titles. Jesus
    I donít think you read the OP. Go back to sleep old man

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Kd found the blue prints Lebum set forth and followed it. Can't be mad. Anyone hating is just a hater!
    LeBron doesnít clap back at kids and make burner twitter accounts. Go back to sleep old man

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    He's just bitter from all the hate he gotten since joining the Warriors. I guess he didnt expect such a strong response. But what do you expect when you pull the weakest move in sports history???

I figured he thought the titles would make it all better, but we all put an asterisk next to it.

At least he can try to redeem himself on the Nets
    it was such weak move going there, and he deserves the asterisk

All KD's rings are an asterisk because he didn't do it the hard way, he did it the easy way by taking the easy way out and joining a super team. Had he joined any other team after OKC and won titles then they wouldn't be considered an asterisk but the fact that he went to Golden State is exactly why people demean him in terms of his titles. But then again Durant did win Finals MVP not once but twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    All KD's rings are an asterisk because he didn't do it the hard way, he did it the easy way by taking the easy way out and joining a super team. Had he joined any other team after OKC and won titles then they wouldn't be considered an asterisk but the fact that he went to Golden State is exactly why people demean him in terms of his titles. But then again Durant did win Finals MVP not once but twice.
    take a look around- players might not be doing EXACTLY what KD did, but it has become very trendy to take the easy way out and team up with other all stars. Lebron switches teams every few yrs to try and do it. PG and Kawai did it this yr. KD and Kyrie did it. KD just did it more efficiently with Golden State. Weak moves are the latest rage amongst players

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    take a look around- players might not be doing EXACTLY what KD did, but it has become very trendy to take the easy way out and team up with other all stars. Lebron switches teams every few yrs to try and do it. PG and Kawai did it this yr. KD and Kyrie did it. KD just did it more efficiently with Golden State. Weak moves are the latest rage amongst players
    None of those guys joined an already made champion. Hell, Lebron joined a lottery team and the Clippers and Nets were low playoff fodder. Homer gonna homer, though.

Bron still a bish. Dude stacked the deck as hard as he could going to Miami, I don't care what happened after the signing there. He did win a chip in Cle, but he set the franchise back on his way out, but it was worth it for them. If AD leaves, dude is going to set the Lakers back too trying to manipulate the AD trade and shipping off all the young prospects and picks outside of Kuz.

Both Bron and KD are extreme opportunists. KD did make the bigger puss move, but that doesn't negate Bron and his strategic/manipulative ways to foster his legacy and self interest.

Bron's Morey/China thing proved what I said earlier in the thread pretty much on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    None of those guys joined an already made champion. Hell, Lebron joined a lottery team and the Clippers and Nets were low playoff fodder. Homer gonna homer, though.
    Like i said it wasnt the exact same thing.... but players are definitely making moves to stack the deck. Oh btw- kd went by himself- lebron and the other guys brought multiple super stars- so that sort of negates the "already made champion" portion of your argument.

BTW- warriors were a different team after kd joined than before. They lost a lot of their depth, lost andrew boguts rim protection, and made some big coaching changes. You might argue that they still had Curry, Klay and Draymond- so the core was intact.

All of those players are on the roster right now- and there are people who arent even expecting them to make the playoffs (let alone being "an already made champion")

KD and the thunder were up 3-1 in the series vs The Warriors. The Warriors came back to win that series, and then Durant joined them. Literally months later. When has Lebron ever done that?

The Warriors were breaking league records and winning titles with out Durant. They lost 9 games in a season with a total of 73 wins out of 82 and had already become champions. Thatís the team Durant Joined. Name me one player that has ever done that.

Being a star player and signing on to a new team with other stars has always happened yes. But what I described above is unique to the cowardice of only Kevin Durant ☝🏽

ďI once saw a guy getting jumped by 3 bigger guys, so I jumped in, that guy had no chance against the 4 of usĒ I forget whoís sig that is but itís 💯 percent accurate.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-24-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Like i said it wasnt the exact same thing.... but players are definitely making moves to stack the deck. Oh btw- kd went by himself- lebron and the other guys brought multiple super stars- so that sort of negates the "already made champion" portion of your argument.

BTW- warriors were a different team after kd joined than before. They lost a lot of their depth, lost andrew boguts rim protection, and made some big coaching changes. You might argue that they still had Curry, Klay and Draymond- so the core was intact.

All of those players are on the roster right now- and there are people who arent even expecting them to make the playoffs (let alone being "an already made champion")
    youíre struggling to defend him. And I donít blame you, itís incredibly difficult

Iím not hating on the Warriors I love the Warriors and their system, their core, their coach, even their fiery fans, everything about the organization. Infact Iíve loved the warriors since the Baron Davis, Al Harrington, Jason Richardson days.

I just think Durant is a cream puff who would have 0 titles if it wasnít for the Warriors. They proved they can win with out him, Durant now needs to prove he can win with out the Warriors.

Also, his off court persona is just laughable. Every time this guy tweets something (from his burner account, or actual account) itís like a fart in the wind that exposes how little his brain must be.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-24-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    KD and the thunder were up 3-1 in the series vs The Warriors. The Warriors came back to win that series, and then Durant joined them. Literally months later. When has Lebron ever done that?

The Warriors were breaking league records and winning titles with out Durant. They lost 9 games in a season with a total of 73 wins out of 82 and had already become champions. Thatís the team Durant Joined. Name me one player that has ever done that.

Being a star player and signing on to a new team with other stars has always happened yes. But what I described above is unique to the cowardice of only Kevin Durant ☝🏽

ďI once saw a guy getting jumped by 3 bigger guys, so I jumped in, that guy had no chance against the 4 of usĒ I forget whoís sig that is but itís 💯 percent accurate.
    That is not the team durant joined though- that team had bogut, they had mo speights, barbosa, festus ezeli, and other key bench players i cant think of off the top of my head.

and again- durants move was weaker- but lebron switches teams every few yrs to try and make his legacy better. Lebron goes and sells half of his team out in the middle of the season to get Davis (what if another team had made a better package for AD?)- when the hell has durant ever done that???

The point is- even though every circumstance might not be identical to durants- there are plenty of players looking to manipulate their situation to put themselves int he best position to win..... and usually they arent all that concerned about the balance of the league when they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Bron still a bish. Dude stacked the deck as hard as he could going to Miami, I don't care what happened after the signing there. He did win a chip in Cle, but he set the franchise back on his way out, but it was worth it for them. If AD leaves, dude is going to set the Lakers back too trying to manipulate the AD trade and shipping off all the young prospects and picks outside of Kuz.

Both Bron and KD are extreme opportunists. KD did make the bigger puss move, but that doesn't negate Bron and his strategic/manipulative ways to foster his legacy and self interest.

Bron's Morey/China thing proved what I said earlier in the thread pretty much on point.
    You should've just posted that KD made the bigger puss move and kept it movin'. Everything else in this post is just you throwing a flash bomb to try and offset the obvious. KD skated for a long time in OKC as a prop to paint him as the anti-LBJ after LeBron signed with the Heat. I knew better.

Even if we agree that LBJ tried to "foster" his legacy and self interest, hey not everyone is fortunate like MJ and Kobe both were (good FO and HOF teammates on their initial teams). 'Bron had nothing to work with in CLE the 1st go round, while KD had Russ & Harden. I could even throw in Ibaka the way the national media was hyping him up. KD then chokes away a 3-1 lead to a team that won without him the prior year, and joins them. No rebuttal attempt out there negates this. LBJ is on significantly higher ground here.

That is not the team durant joined though- that team had bogut, they had mo speights, barbosa, festus ezeli, and other key bench players i cant think of off the top of my head.

and again- durants move was weaker- but lebron switches teams every few yrs to try and make his legacy better. Lebron goes and sells half of his team out in the middle of the season to get Davis (what if another team had made a better package for AD?)- when the hell has durant ever done that???

The point is- even though every circumstance might not be identical to durants- there are plenty of players looking to manipulate their situation to put themselves int he best position to win..... and usually they arent all that concerned about the balance of the league when they do it.
    I mean, okay. KD is still biggest of the *****es though, strictly in the competitive sphere. He went to an already-made champion that beat him in the WCF. Make matters worse, it ruined NBA competition and intrigue for 3 years.

Keep in mind. The Warriors aren't/weren't my issue here. Strictly the player. GS organization has been first class for a bit now.

Most teams role out with an 8-9 man rotation. Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy, Livingston, West, and they added McGee + Young and they had Barnes as well as Pachulia.

The only player you named that had a big role on that team was Bogut. The rest were rotational players in limited roles that were replaced with similar players mentioned above. Youíre essentially saying itís not the same team because the 8th, 9th, 10th players in the rotation were different? Yes they were replaced with Durant himself.

Lebron didnít go join KG, Pierce and Allen in Boston just because he couldnít get passed them. He formed his own team to overcome them. Durant did the old ďif you canít beat em, then join em! thatís the difference.

Plenty of stars joined up to win through out the history of the league. But what Durant did was unique only to him.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-24-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast