Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Ex-NFL player accused of staging hate crime, painting 'MAGA' on walls of bakery

I was going to piggyback in the Jussie Smollett thread, but no reason for that. another hate crime trying to blame MAGA Trump supporters.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tikas-n1054591

Ex-NFL player accused of staging hate crime, painting 'MAGA' and swastikas on walls of bakery
    A former NFL player allegedly created a fake hate crime at his Georgia business in which he claimed burglars spray painted racial slurs, swastikas and "MAGA" at his bakery.

Edawn Louis Coughman, 31, was arrested Thursday on charges of filing a false report of a crime, insurance fraud, and concealing a license plate after he told police a burglar was responsible for spray painting racist language and imagery on the walls of his bakery, according to Gwinett County Police.

"It appears as though Edawn conjured a premeditated plan to damage his own property, attempt to make it appear as a hate crime, file a claim with his insurance company, and sell off the undamaged appliances and electronics," police said.

Photos taken by police at the scene show spray painted words and images, including the n-word, a swastika and "MAGA" ⁠ó an abbreviated version of President Donald Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again."

Police said that they were called for a burglary report at Coughman's business, Create and Bake Restaurant and Coughman's Creamery, in the Atlanta suburb of Lawrenceville on Wednesday night. The 911 caller told police that someone was driving a black Chevrolet Silverado with no license plate.

When officers arrived to the shopping center, they stopped a truck matching the description and saw Coughman driving the Silverado. It appeared that Coughman had several televisions in the back of the truck with mounting brackets on the back with "damaged drywall" attached, police said.

Officers saw the backdoor of the bakery had "yellow pry marks" and saw the graffiti on the walls was still wet from the paint.

"Several booth cushions were sliced open," the Gwinett County Police said. "They also found broken mirrors, cut wires, and a damaged video surveillance system."

Coughman told police that he saw the damage earlier in the day and called his insurance company, but not police. But investigators found the incident occurred much later than the former NFL player alleged.

A search warrant on Coughman's Silverado found a a yellow crow bar and cans of black spray paint in the truck.

Coughman never played in a regular-season game with the NFL, but was signed on to eight different teams, according to NBC affiliate WXIA. He also played nine games in 2011 for the Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts.

It is unclear whether Coughman, who was released on bond, has an attorney.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

I hope all the victims of this heinous crime are OK.

You guys get more upset about this **** than....actual hate crimes.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I hope all the victims of this heinous crime are OK.

You guys get more upset about this **** than....actual hate crimes.
    people want equality. people want those that commit hate crimes punished, and (key word) those that commit hoaxes to also be punished. the difference is some people would rather ignore the hoaxes.

this is another story of someone trying to blaming Trump supporters. this is one of multiple similar stories that don't get nearly the same media attention.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

I think this is a good demonstration of how divisive Trump has been, and how bad he's been for our country.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    people want equality.
    But you seemingly don't...
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

If his goal was publicity, he certainly got it. Though I don't think he'll like it now that he has it.

It's ok...people want consequences for people who do things like this...they get the consequences because this person has been charged with multiple crimes and will likely do considerable prison time or pay hefty fines.

I get why they are so upset though. These two instances don't negate the negative coverage that Trump endured for his wishy washy comments on white nationalism. They don't understand why Trump doesn't have 100% support among black and Hispanic Americans.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

actually I do. I want real equality where everything is equal, like how I said I want both hate crimes and hoaxes punished. I want equality in media coverage, where they also focus on an attempt to blame MAGA Trump supporters when they don't deserve the blame. the media has some people brainwashed on MAGA.

I would love to see equality across the board for everyone on everything, but America is not there right now. for a long time the pendulum swung against minorities and now it seems like some want the pendulum to swing back more with things for minorities in an attempt to make up for what was done in the past. but that is literally not equality right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think this is a good demonstration of how divisive Trump has been, and how bad he's been for our country.
    I would like to hear the explanation of how this is a good demonstration of how divisive Trump has been, in a story about someone faking a hate crime and blaming Trump supporters. if anything this demonstrates how divisive the media has been in their attempt to make MAGA (Make America Great Again) to be something controversial. the media and those that hate Trump have been severely triggered by a red MAGA hat or the MAGA slogan. that is the media's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I would like to hear the explanation of how this is a good demonstration of how divisive Trump has been, in a story about someone faking a hate crime and blaming Trump supporters. if anything this demonstrates how divisive the media has been in their attempt to make MAGA (Make America Great Again) to be something controversial. the media and those that hate Trump have been severely triggered by a red MAGA hat or the MAGA slogan. that is the media's fault.
    I don't think you would choose to understand no matter what I say.

If you support Trump you are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is insurance fraud with a taste of hate crime to add flavor / make it real.

Guy doesn't know the first person police and firefighters look at is the business owner, let alone the insurance investigator.

Probably business going under and he was selling it to the insurance company the easy way. Is there such a thing as an additional penalty for a false hate crime?
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah itís Trumpís fault for this!

What a god damn joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I get why they are so upset though. These two instances don't negate the negative coverage that Trump endured for his wishy washy comments on white nationalism. They don't understand why Trump doesn't have 100% support among black and Hispanic Americans.
    You have the weirdest, phoniest take on things all too often.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You have the weirdest, phoniest take on things all too often.
    He's just really weird. Honestly. Just really ****ing weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yeah itís Trumpís fault for this!

What a god damn joke
    No, not Trump's fault. But Trump has lead the level of discourse in this country in a downward spiral, and this is just a demonstration of the sickness growing in the country.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast