Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    This team was 17-14 in its last 31 games and Kershaw was getting rocked early.
    We've also had a ton of injuries during and before that and Roberts hasn't been playing to win for a while. That's also a pretty selective number of games to focus on (since it includes a short stretch of bad play and so isn't representative). We're 11-5 this month and were 17-11 in August. That's a .636 winning percentage during that time, which is right on par with what our winning percentage has been all season. Those numbers indicate that despite the injuries, our play hasn't really been any different.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-21-2019 at 03:34 AM.

I wasn't even born yet the last time the dodgers won the world series

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I wasn't even born yet the last time the dodgers won the world series
    I was 5 years old at the time, so I was too young too care.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I remember Gibby's homerun and Steve Sax pushing Tracy Woodson out of the way when Kirk was crossing home plate so he could be the first person to greet him. Sax was my favorite player until I realized the man was one arrogant *******.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I remember Gibby's homerun and Steve Sax pushing Tracy Woodson out of the way when Kirk was crossing home plate so he could be the first person to greet him. Sax was my favorite player until I realized the man was one arrogant *******.
    I want to see one.. Itís getting annoying af watching them come close just to shart it away

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    You're embarrassed for a player who in his 3rd year in the league is batting .305 with 45 home runs and 110 RBIs and for a guy... (
    Yes, I am embarrassed for him for his epic collapse once he bought into the MVP hype and the fact that when the pressure is on heís a choker .. whatís so hard to understand about that?

Last night was one ****ing boring game.

Will Smith has been absolutely awful the last month.

Friedman says he's "optimistic" that Jansen will be closing games in October. That right there tells he won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Friedman says he's "optimistic" that Jansen will be closing games in October. That right there tells he won't be.
    I think they've been slowly moving in the direction of not having Jansen close games (or at least not as a default option). I think the way they are handling it is actually very diplomatic, which we can afford to do because of the comfortable lead, where they keep giving him chances to right the ship, but eventually, the proof is in how he performs. Although he's looked better I think it's pretty clear at this point that there are better options and unless he finishes with an amazing final week of the season he probably won't be the closer come the first round.

Cody Bellinger's OPS by month:

March/April: 1.397
    May: .998
    June: .967
    July: .952
    August: .918
    September: .809

It keeps on decreasing with each passing month.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Will Smith is batting just .136 since the beginning of the Yankees series (Aug. 23).

Future Hall of Shamers:

Cody Bellinger's OPS by month:

March/April: 1.397
    May: .998
    June: .967
    July: .952
    August: .918
    September: .809

It keeps on decreasing with each passing month.
    Of course it did...it's called regression to the mean. He was on an unsustainable pace.

Will Smith is batting just .136 since the beginning of the Yankees series (Aug. 23).
    Again, similar too Bellinger. Smith was on an untenable pace. The league has adjusted to him and now it's up to him to adjust himself. It was never a question of if, but of when.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Of course it did...it's called regression to the mean. He was on an unsustainable pace.
    Those are the splits for each month, not the seasonal progression. His OPS for the season is 1.031, which is largely a product of that torrid April that he had.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast