Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Tigers 2020 Roster (Sorry)

Well, the years not even over and it was pretty dang sad to say the least. None of the prospects I wanted to see got up to the big club and now it's looking like none will start out the 2020 season with the club. My guess is, at best, midway through the year they may start trickling in. Saw an article with Chris Illitch basically saying he isn't spending any money on free agents so sorry but this may be the starting roster for 2020:

1B- Goodrum
    2B- Harold Castro
    SS- Willi Castro
    3B- Lugo/Candelario
    C- Grayson Greiner
    DH- Miggy
    RF- Victor Reyes
    CF- Jacoby Jones
    LF- Christian Stewart

Reserves:
    Lugo or Candelario (whoever doesn't win the 3B or 1B job)
    Hicks- 1B, C, OF, DH
    Demeritte- OF
    Troy Stokes, Jr- OF
    Brandon Dixon- 1B, 2B, OF, DH

Starters:
    Zimmerman
    Boyd
    Fulmer
    Norris
    Turnbull

Bullpen:
    Jimenez
    Farmer
    McKay
    Garcia
    Ramirez
    VerHagen
    Alexander

Look for guys like Burrows/Funkhouser/Soto to make a run at some BP spots. They are going to slow play the top prospects like Mize, Manning, Perez, Skubal, etc... until they unload Zim and Boyd. Unless there are a lot of injuries to the starters we won't see anyone until late in the year.

You don't think Rogers will stay with the big club?

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    You don't think Rogers will stay with the big club?
    Absolutely not! OR he shouldn't any how but we are talking about Gardy and Avila here. The kid is WAY over his head at the plate. I don't care how good you are defensively, you just can't CAN'T stay in the big leagues while putting up a line of .115 BA, .227 OB, and .260 slugging. The sad part is he hasn't really hit much above that in the minors except for a short stint at AA. He did, at least when we traded for him and I pointed this out at the trade, put up a very nice OB% in the minors at most times but that has even gone away. A .230 BA with a .320+ on base percentage I could live with (give or take around 15-20 HR) but as he sits now. NO WAY I consider him on the roster starting out.

I gotta figure we'll let Brandon Dixon get another shot as a starter

as middle infielders go, Harold Castro is the only secure guy, so some shuffling to let Dixon prove he sucks will last a month or so, then weed him out and proceed from there