Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli out, Jones in for Week 3 against Bucs

End of an era. But it's definitely time.

Thanks for the memories and the amazing Super Bowl wins Eli! Next stop, Canton.

Now let's see what the kid can do, and if he can jumpstart this team.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Or if he can hang on to the ball and not fumble it every time he gets touched.

I wonder if Eli hangs around or asks to be traded.

It wouldnít seem like he would be the type to ask for a trade. Maybe ride out the season, help Jones and see what happens next year.

If Bridgewater fails and Brees is IRíd it would be awesome to see Eli go to Archieís old team. Doubtful though.

I think Eli hangs around and then retires.

Whatís scary now is that expectations are high on Jones after a great preseason but heís about to face 1st team D who have schemed for him and at regular season speed. So I hope people donít lose their **** if he has a few bad starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Geez. Rough start already

This is just desperate move by the GM and Coach. They know the only chance they have of not getting canned this year is if Jones shows promise

It's not a desperate move at all. It's the right move at the right time - both for Jones' future development and any chance this team has at being semi-relevant in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    It's not a desperate move at all. It's the right move at the right time - both for Jones' future development and any chance this team has at being semi-relevant in 2019.
    It's going to be a rough development throwing to garbage. I would have waited until week 5 or 6 once both Tate and Sterling were playing to fully assess the situation and actually give Jones a chance.

I hate how this whole thing has unfolded mainly because so much blame has been placed on Eli and his checkdown Charlie tendencies. However, other teams do almost the exact same thing with a ton of success. The Steelers under Haley, the Patriots, etc. will dink and dunk the crap out of you to much success so it's hard to blame the bad offense on the short passing game. I would blame Shurmur as much I would anyone else over this crap offense. Both McAdoo and Shurmur came here with a great offensive reputation and the team has done nothing for the past 5 years.

The entire offense has been so predictable for that entire span.

This is the order I would have taken:
    1) Wait for the WRs to return (around week 5 or 6)
    2) Switch offensive playcallers
    3) Switch to Jones (around week 8)

I am hoping for the best, but this team makes it so hard to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Geez. Rough start already

[emoji23][emoji23]

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    It's going to be a rough development throwing to garbage. I would have waited until week 5 or 6 once both Tate and Sterling were playing to fully assess the situation and actually give Jones a chance.

I hate how this whole thing has unfolded mainly because so much blame has been placed on Eli and his checkdown Charlie tendencies. However, other teams do almost the exact same thing with a ton of success. The Steelers under Haley, the Patriots, etc. will dink and dunk the crap out of you to much success so it's hard to blame the bad offense on the short passing game. I would blame Shurmur as much I would anyone else over this crap offense. Both McAdoo and Shurmur came here with a great offensive reputation and the team has done nothing for the past 5 years.

Itís way past blame. Itís about accepting that the future is now and even if Eli isnít the main problem, heís also clearly not the solution.

The team is young and rebuilding. Itís time to make the biggest impact change you can make.

As others have stated, if the kid is so soft that he canít handle the struggles of a bumpy learning curve, then he isnít the answer.

I suspect he will handle it just fine.

Shep will be back. Shep/Engram/Barkley with a good Oline is plenty of weapons. Sure I might have waited till Tate came back but thatís week 5. No difference , heís got plenty around him. Wonít matter with this defense but if he can put some points on the ball and throw it downfield Iíll be ecstatic
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

LOL I hope your joking.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I totally agree with everything you wrote. This has become a disfunctional franchise and Mara and Tisch have to shoulder a good deal of thye blame along with Gentleman and Schurmer. Why in God's name would you bring Eli back and his $23 million salary and bench him after only 2 games. You should have released him and used that $23 million for other players.

Gentleman says he knew of Tate's situation in April but yet did nothing to bring in another WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I totally agree with everything you wrote. This has become a disfunctional franchise and Mara and Tisch have to shoulder a good deal of thye blame along with Gentleman and Schurmer. Why in God's name would you bring Eli back and his $23 million salary and bench him after only 2 games. You should have released him and used that $23 million for other players.

Gentleman says he knew of Tate's situation in April but yet did nothing to bring in another WR.
    It resembles the whole OBJ situation. At least we got draft picks out of that move. This move I just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Shep will be back. Shep/Engram/Barkley with a good Oline is plenty of weapons. Sure I might have waited till Tate came back but thatís week 5. No difference , heís got plenty around him. Wonít matter with this defense but if he can put some points on the ball and throw it downfield Iíll be ecstatic
    Weapons? Barkley, yes. I wouldn't call Shep or Engram weapons until they show signs of long term consistency. If anything, Shep is consistently average and Engram is consistently underwhelming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast