Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    It's not a desperate move at all. It's the right move at the right time - both for Jones' future development and any chance this team has at being semi-relevant in 2019.
    Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    This is just desperate move by the GM and Coach. They know the only chance they have of not getting canned this year is if Jones shows promise
    Nope. I guarantee they had some targets in mind to start the season and if not hit theyíd start Jones (especially since he had a solid preseason). Iíd bet that they already planned that if they started 0-2 and Eli was not impressively productive in that start theyíd pull the trigger on Jones.

The sooner Jones can get out there and learn to play at regular season speed against 1st team defenses that scheme for him, the better. It might be a rough start but letís do it now and get him ahead for next year. Some good experience now and worst case we at least find out if heís a complete disaster and we need a qb this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    In fairness to the Cowboys, Romo had a good long run. Injuries ticked that number up.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Weapons? Barkley, yes. I wouldn't call Shep or Engram weapons until they show signs of long term consistency. If anything, Shep is consistently average and Engram is consistently underwhelming.
    Shep is absolutely a weapon. Heís just out of position now. Heís a fantastic slot and complement wr. But if heís out #1 itís a problem because he ainít beating doubles and likely not going to outplay a top cb for most of the game.

Heís very Steve Smith (nyg not Carolina). Great great role player but needs help. And Tate is the same way so this is gonna be a mess.

I can not believe how badly they ****ed up the Beckham situation. And they didnít get a wr in trade and didnít draft one.

A high end wr would make Barkley even more unstoppable than he is and the Qb might not even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Shep is absolutely a weapon. Heís just out of position now. Heís a fantastic slot and complement wr. But if heís out #1 itís a problem because he ainít beating doubles and likely not going to outplay a top cb for most of the game.

Heís very Steve Smith (nyg not Carolina). Great great role player but needs help. And Tate is the same way so this is gonna be a mess.

I can not believe how badly they ****ed up the Beckham situation. And they didnít get a wr in trade and didnít draft one.

A high end wr would make Barkley even more unstoppable than he is and the Qb might not even matter.

The Alabama Wide receiver Judy could be a target with our pick

Eli out, Jones in for Week 3 against Bucs

Once heís healthy enough they need to get Slayton on the field. He looked good in training camp and has breakaway speed. Plus he seemed to correct his yips in training camp.

Canít just run a bunch slot guys out there. You need a deep threat burner to keep secondaries honest.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Weapons? Barkley, yes. I wouldn't call Shep or Engram weapons until they show signs of long term consistency. If anything, Shep is consistently average and Engram is consistently underwhelming.
    Engram has been hurt. Engram game 1 looked like a force, they doubled him and Eli missed him open at least 3 times. Shep I like he isnít elite but heís above average. Itís plenty of weapons to succeed. Not to mention the oline is good.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I mean Tate is a professional. The WR core isnít great but itís good enough. Engram is a beast as well. They need a big Outside guy. Theyíll draft one maybe the guy from bama or go after a guy like AJ green
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Once heís healthy enough they need to get Slayton on the field. He looked good in training camp and has breakaway speed. Plus he seemed to correct his yips in training camp.

Canít just run a bunch slot guys out there. You need a deep threat burner to keep secondaries honest.

Heís got a shot to play this week
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean Tate is a professional. The WR core isnít great but itís good enough. Engram is a beast as well. They need a big Outside guy. Theyíll draft one maybe the guy from bama or go after a guy like AJ green
    Despite injuries, getting AJ Green for Jones would be like when Eli got Plax. Iím good with that but doubtful.

I just really hate the way the offense is built right now. Itís designed for 90s style football.

Despite injuries, getting AJ Green for Jones would be like when Eli got Plax. Iím good with that but doubtful.

I just really hate the way the offense is built right now. Itís designed for 90s style football.

Looked good game . Would love AJ green here I do agree itís doubtful but weíll see.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Slayton impressed me
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12