Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,301

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    31,164
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Obviously he's cheap, second year player. The guy they draft is gonna be young and cheap too, lol.
    But that guy that they could have drafted isnít already proven in the NFL. Minkah is

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,101
    In a vacuum I think PIT will get good value out of this. But considering the QB situation I donít think this was a wise trade to make.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    31,164
    I just donít understand this take: ďwhy trade for minkah when they arenít in win now modeĒ..

    Guys... minkah is 22... 22!! Heís literally the same age as NFL draftees but heís already established himself as one of the best young secondary players in the NFL. He could be on the Steelers for 7 more years and still be in his prime.. Heís not going anywhere any time soon and not declining, will only get better.. They have plenty of time to add better players to build a more complete team, itís not like this guy is 34 years old and on a bloated contract.. This move ensures the Steelers that they will have a great young cornerback for a long time so thatís one area that they wonít have to worry about as much moving forward.

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,675
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I just donít understand this take: ďwhy trade for minkah when they arenít in win now modeĒ..

    Guys... minkah is 22... 22!! Heís literally the same age as NFL draftees but heís already established himself as one of the best young secondary players in the NFL. He could be on the Steelers for 7 more years and still be in his prime.. Heís not going anywhere any time soon and not declining, will only get better.. They have plenty of time to add better players to build a more complete team, itís not like this guy is 34 years old and on a bloated contract.. This move ensures the Steelers that they will have a great young cornerback for a long time so thatís one area that they wonít have to worry about as much moving forward.
    First off, how exactly is he established? He's been underwhelming a a safety (PFF gave him a grade of 59 last year as a safety) and that's the sole position that the Steelers are going to play him at.

    Second off, this has more to do with Big Ben and the state of the Steelers than it does with Fitzpatrick. They're banking on the fact that a 38 year old QB is going to recover from Tommy John, and be the same player. Without Ben,a rebuild takes place. And in a rebuild, trading picks to get more picks is essential. Not to mention that they turned that first round pick into a player that they'll need to give a contract to in 3 seasons... And a player who has already made it known that he won't be a part of a rebuild.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,301
    You keep on saying rebuild like we have to blow it up. We got so many guys on rookie contracts it's more of a retool than anything. I think your really overselling that point.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,785
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You keep on saying rebuild like we have to blow it up. We got so many guys on rookie contracts it's more of a retool than anything. I think your really overselling that point.
    He did say without Ben.

    And without a QB itís definitely not a retool until you have that position figured out long term. Teams sometimes go decades before they figure that out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    31,164

    Steelers trade for Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick

    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    First off, how exactly is he established? He's been underwhelming a a safety (PFF gave him a grade of 59 last year as a safety) and that's the sole position that the Steelers are going to play him at.

    Second off, this has more to do with Big Ben and the state of the Steelers than it does with Fitzpatrick. They're banking on the fact that a 38 year old QB is going to recover from Tommy John, and be the same player. Without Ben,a rebuild takes place. And in a rebuild, trading picks to get more picks is essential. Not to mention that they turned that first round pick into a player that they'll need to give a contract to in 3 seasons... And a player who has already made it known that he won't be a part of a rebuild.
    https://twitter.com/pff/status/1173784771463450624?s=21
    He was borderline elite in some areas. You gotta also remember that the dolphins moved him all over the place, if the Steelers put him at one spot then he could be much more effective

    I donít think he said that he doesnít want to be part of a rebuild. Thatís just a theory as to why he asked for a trade but the reasons he gave was because he didnít like being moved all over the secondary. If he focuses on one spot heíd be way more effective.

    And whether the Steelers are rebuilding or not, getting a young player that is under contract for the next 3+ years at the very least is good for a rebuild..

    Can they draft a QB next year? Yes.. Good QBs donít necessarily need to come in the first round. You guys got a very good qb in my opinion in the 2nd round this year and whoís to say that the Steelers wonít be picking in that area in this years draft? And tommy john surgery honestly isnít nearly as bad as it used to be.. I bet they still get Ben back and he could be there till they get their next guy. This article talks about it, looks like quarterbacks actually recover better than pitchers:
    https://ericcressey.com/ulnar-collat...ks-vs-pitchers

    Your baby can't do this

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,301
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Can they draft a QB next year? Yes.. Good QBs donít necessarily need to come in the first round. You guys got a very good qb in my opinion in the 2nd round this year and whoís to say that the Steelers wonít be picking in that area in this years draft? And tommy john surgery honestly isnít nearly as bad as it used to be.. I bet they still get Ben back and he could be there till they get their next guy. This article talks about it, looks like quarterbacks actually recover better than pitchers:
    https://ericcressey.com/ulnar-collat...ks-vs-pitchers
    It actually wasnít Tommy John surgery.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    31,164
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It actually wasnít Tommy John surgery.
    No? I thought it was. I guess it wasnít a complete tear then

    Your baby can't do this

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,675
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    https://twitter.com/pff/status/1173784771463450624?s=21
    He was borderline elite in some areas. You gotta also remember that the dolphins moved him all over the place, if the Steelers put him at one spot then he could be much more effective

    I donít think he said that he doesnít want to be part of a rebuild. Thatís just a theory as to why he asked for a trade but the reasons he gave was because he didnít like being moved all over the secondary. If he focuses on one spot heíd be way more effective.

    And whether the Steelers are rebuilding or not, getting a young player that is under contract for the next 3+ years at the very least is good for a rebuild..

    Can they draft a QB next year? Yes.. Good QBs donít necessarily need to come in the first round. You guys got a very good qb in my opinion in the 2nd round this year and whoís to say that the Steelers wonít be picking in that area in this years draft? And tommy john surgery honestly isnít nearly as bad as it used to be.. I bet they still get Ben back and he could be there till they get their next guy. This article talks about it, looks like quarterbacks actually recover better than pitchers:
    https://ericcressey.com/ulnar-collat...ks-vs-pitchers
    Maybe he'll be better only playing one position. But as it stands right now, the franchise QB's future is up in the air and they just traded a future piece for a guy who quite frankly, had not been a good safety. And on top of that, they've come out and said that he'll stick at safety for the Steelers.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,675
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You keep on saying rebuild like we have to blow it up. We got so many guys on rookie contracts it's more of a retool than anything. I think your really overselling that point.
    I'm not underselling that point. Y'all don't have a QB. When you don't have a QB and you insist on retooling, you become the Denver Broncos of present.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    31,164

    Steelers trade for Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick

    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Maybe he'll be better only playing one position. But as it stands right now, the franchise QB's future is up in the air and they just traded a future piece for a guy who quite frankly, had not been a good safety. And on top of that, they've come out and said that he'll stick at safety for the Steelers.
    I mean it could blow up, any trade like this could, but you gotta risk it for the biscuit. Never know what happens next, only speculation. Who knows, maybe mason Rudolph turns into Patrick mahomes this year..llullz

    Your baby can't do this

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,675
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I mean it could blow up, any trade like this could, but you gotta risk it for the biscuit. Never know what happens next, only speculation
    Yeah I believe I said earlier that it could pan out but it's dependent on Big Ben playing at a similar level after surgery.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,998
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah I believe I said earlier that it could pan out but it's dependent on Big Ben playing at a similar level after surgery.
    No love for Mason? You never know he is a sleeper.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •