Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Mets @ Rockies

Good win. 👍

Good comeback! Now let's see if the Cubs & Brewers can lose tonight!

Had to leave. Came back and saw they won. Sooo Iím going to not be here when theyíre playing as long as they keep winning. Keep the mojo burning...

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    I would've loved to see a sac bunt from McNeil. No outs.. you play for that first run and still have a chance for a big inning. Plus, if he lays down a good one, he might even beat it out. I totally don't understand not trying to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd. He worked out a walk but a groundball would suck. C'mon Alonso. Patience.
    Never ****ing bunt, never give them free outs.

Never seen a team have so many brutal loses and bad losing streaks and somehow e it to the last week in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Never ****ing bunt, never
    Never give them free outs.
    Never.

Unless there's a weak-hitting pitcher up. Other than that, NEVER bunt. Dumbest play invented in baseball history. Was designed by people who had too much time on their hands. You only get three outs before the other team gets to come to bat. Gotta make the most of them.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Never seen a team have so many brutal loses and bad losing streaks and somehow e it to the last week in contention.
    If the bullpen doesn't have 26 blown saves, they would have pretty much clinched a playoff spot already.

Never ****ing bunt, never give them free outs.
    Just saw this. It all worked out but I disagree with the never bunt mindset. Sometimes it's smart to sacrifice an out to get a runner on 3b with only 1 out. Depends on the inning, batter, pitcher, if your playing for a run, next batters etc. Doesn't matter now anyway.. just glad we got the win .

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    Just saw this. It all worked out but I disagree with the never bunt mindset. Sometimes it's smart to sacrifice an out to get a runner on 3b with only 1 out. Depends on the inning, batter, pitcher, if your playing for a run, next batters etc. Doesn't matter now anyway.. just glad we got the win .
    Nah never give them a free out, as states before only do it when itís a pitcher.

Other than that you canít never give them free outs. Never play for a tie. Ties donít give you points in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If the bullpen doesn't have 26 blown saves, they would have pretty much clinched a playoff spot already.
    If they didn't lose 6 straight to the Braves and Cubs in a recent home stand they might be right there for a wildcard position. They came back to that homestand with the third best home record in the NL Being swept by the Cubs really hurts now.

Nah never give them a free out, as states before only do it when itís a pitcher.

Other than that you canít never give them free outs. Never play for a tie. Ties donít give you points in baseball.
    It would have been disasterous if Lugo had to pitch the bottom of the 9th with the score tied. Would have meant someone else had to pitch the bottom of 10th in a best case scenario.

Bunt in the top of the 9th would have been idiotic.

They are setting us up for one last heartbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    They are setting us up for one last heartbreak.
    Nah. They have to pull within a game for me to get excited again. I was enjoying watching Ken Burns' Country Music series instead of the games this week. When the series resumes Sunday night through next Wednesday, I'll watch again.

Unless the Mets pull within a game. Then all bets are off.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 09-19-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

I won't be heart broken either way. The Mets have surpassed my expectations this year so anything else is just gravy. Also at some point we just gotta stop making excuses for Thor and just see it as what it is. Guy just isn't that good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I won't be heart broken either way. The Mets have surpassed my expectations this year so anything else is just gravy. Also at some point we just gotta stop making excuses for Thor and just see it as what it is. Guy just isn't that good this year.
    I dunno.

I've been following the Mets since 1968 and this might be the single most disappointing season in franchise history. All those blown games from the 7th inning on will always make me wonder what might have been.

Very sad.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast