Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I didn't take it that way. It's an Internet forum. We don't know each other personally. How were you supposed to know I was being 100% truthful?
    I mean, it’s not a joking matter at all because it’s a real issue, but I’ve seen people joke like that before when their team does bad. I think similar to QB_eagles I also took it as just a bad joke at first, kinda like when someone says “my team is bad, I gotta go take my depression pills” but I wasn’t sure so I didn’t comment. Thing is on an online sports forum a lot of times it’s hard to know when someone is being serious or not.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Now they are saying multiple ones . Eagles are the 2nd oldest team in the NFL would it be smart to give up 2 number ones ?
    It won’t take two #1s. The eagles are an old team, true, but I also think that’s up a bit because of Jason peters Darren sproles and josh mccown. The eagles have very good and very young replacements for all of those guys.

Besides, isn’t “the oldest team in the nfl” and the “youngest team in the nfl” separated by just a few years on average age? It’s not a huge difference like you are making it out to be

Your baby can't do this

Average roster age top to bottom in the NFL averages less than 2 years
    ...this year the Dolphins are at 25.2, Patriots 27.0, Eagles 26.6....median is right at 26.....so the average age of the Eagles' roster is like 7 months over the median, tops
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ...this year the Dolphins are at 25.2, Patriots 27.0, Eagles 26.6....median is right at 26.....so the average age of the Eagles' roster is like 7 months over the median, tops
    Skewed by a 57 year old HOF LT, 47 year old potential HOF RB/PR, and a 93 year old 3rd string QB.

Yeah so it’s even less than what I thought.. And next year when they replace 38 year old Jason Peters with 24 year old Andre Dillard and 36 year old Darren sproles with 22 year old miles sanders and 40 year old josh mccown retires so that 25 year old Nate sudfeld can be the primary backup, that average will come down a little bit..

So when someone says “eagles have the 3rd oldest roster in the league” once again some context is needed..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Skewed by a 57 year old HOF LT, 47 year old potential HOF RB/PR, and a 93 year old 3rd string QB.
    exaggerate much?
    McCown is only 83

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yeah so it’s even less than what I thought.. And next year when they replace 38 year old Jason Peters with 24 year old Andre Dillard and 36 year old Darren sproles with 22 year old miles sanders and 40 year old josh mccown retires so that 25 year old Nate sudfeld can be the primary backup, that average will come down a little bit..

So when someone says “eagles have the 3rd oldest roster in the league” once again some context is needed..
    To be fair, those guys are already on the Roster. Mccown could be replaced by an old guy again, etc.

All that matters is key cogs to the team aren’t on the older end. This is jus surf finding his digs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    To be fair, those guys are already on the Roster. Mccown could be replaced by an old guy again, etc.

All that matters is key cogs to the team aren’t on the older end. This is jus surf finding his digs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My point is, it’s true that on paper they are an “old team” but they already have young replacements in place to take over for a lot of the older guys on the roster so they will just get younger by default. It’s true that they may grab an older guy in free agency or via trade but really, across the roster they have young guys with talent at almost every position except safety. Though I will say that even though it’s a very young group, I don’t think the talent at cornerback specifically is very good so it might make sense to trade for jalen Ramsey.

Your baby can't do this

now Jags say they're not trading him.............translation, we want more than anyone is offering for him

Jags CB Jalen Ramsey requests trade

now Jags say they're not trading him.............translation, we want more than anyone is offering for him
    That’s exactly what it means in my opinion. They originally said a 1st and 5th from nfc teams and 1st and a player from an AFC team. That kinda set the market right there, they can’t really flip flop and say “oh well now we want two 1sts”. I know he played the other day but if Ramsey holds out going forward, there’s little leverage that the jags will have at that point, they just gotta take what they can get.

Your baby can't do this

Jags CB Jalen Ramsey requests trade

If that ravens deal of a 1st a 2nd and hurst is legit, I’m not sure why it isn’t done yet unless they really are holding out for nothing less than two 1sts. That seemed like a really good offer to me

Your baby can't do this

I believe the owner interfered and even promised a contract extension.

It does make sense... he's a top player after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That’s exactly what it means in my opinion. They originally said a 1st and 5th from nfc teams and 1st and a player from an AFC team. That kinda set the market right there, they can’t really flip flop and say “oh well now we want two 1sts”. I know he played the other day but if Ramsey holds out going forward, there’s little leverage that the jags will have at that point, they just gotta take what they can get.
    If teams up the offer they absolutely can go higher than they started. If one team offers a 1st and a player but they get outbid by a 1st and a better play from another team the Jags will go back and ask them if they want to raise their offer. So now maybe they offer a 1st, player and another pick. But then that other team ups theirnoffer. And so on and so forth until you get the highest offer from any team.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Go get Ramsey. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If teams up the offer they absolutely can go higher than they started. If one team offers a 1st and a player but they get outbid by a 1st and a better play from another team the Jags will go back and ask them if they want to raise their offer. So now maybe they offer a 1st, player and another pick. But then that other team ups theirnoffer. And so on and so forth until you get the highest offer from any team.
    True

Your baby can't do this

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast