Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The Steelers season isn't gonna be that bad.
    I've had clinically diagnosed depression for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I can't be the only one that despises this trend in sports where players decide they want out of their situation and in most cases their team gets shafted in the exchange. Minkah was an outlier case because he just wanted to settle on a position and Miami wasn't letting him.
    So you'd rather he play in a situation he doesn't want to be in and leave in 2 years in free agency where Jacksonville gets a 3rd round pick as comp? Or they tag him where he doesn't want to play on that contract and he sits out a year or gets traded for pennies on the dollar like clowney?

He hasn't threatened to hold out yet as far as I know. He's still playing. If anything, doing it the way he's doing it benefits Jacksonville more than him just being pissed and not communicating. This at least gives Jacksonville the option to explore a trade and maximize his value. If they don't get a deal they like, they can keep him and the whole situation stays the same as it would have been if he quietly stays pissed off. But at least now Jacksonville can be proactive if they want to try to actually get something while his value is highest.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    So you'd rather he play in a situation he doesn't want to be in and leave in 2 years in free agency where Jacksonville gets a 3rd round pick as comp? Or they tag him where he doesn't want to play on that contract and he sits out a year or gets traded for pennies on the dollar like clowney?

He hasn't threatened to hold out yet as far as I know. He's still playing. If anything, doing it the way he's doing it benefits Jacksonville more than him just being pissed and not communicating. This at least gives Jacksonville the option to explore a trade and maximize his value. If they don't get a deal they like, they can keep him and the whole situation stays the same as it would have been if he quietly stays pissed off. But at least now Jacksonville can be proactive if they want to try to actually get something while his value is highest.
    Football is a very different sport. It's not reliant on one guy. Maybe they let him walk with the 3rd comp pick; then use the two thirds on a CB and a Safety who as a duo offer far more than Ramsey alone.

I'm for players getting while they can, but there needs to be some give from their side if they want take.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I've had clinically diagnosed depression for a while now.
    I’m sorry that hear that Iv had it since I was 12 . Untreated and self medicated which I believe continues to be a mistake . It’s a terrible disease that can effect your life more then people realize.

[Chadiha] @Chiefs source says the team isn’t interested in @Jaguars CB @jalenramsey now that he wants a trade. Source says the team’s locker room “is too good right now.” The team did ask @AZCardinals about CB Patrick Peterson earlier this year and was “emphatically told no.”

Chiefs don't take quitters like Ramsey, apparently.
    Dak: 12,999 @ 66.7%, 7.6 per att, 79 TD, 32 INT
    Wentz: 11,801 @ 63.4%, 7.0 per att, 83 TD, 32 INT

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Jags CB Jalen Ramsey requests trade

Sounds like the eagles are doing their research on a potential Jalen Ramsey deal

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Sounds like the eagles are doing their research on a potential Jalen Ramsey deal
    As they should. Ramsey would be amazing for us.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

Howie, get on the phone

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    As they should. Ramsey would be amazing for us.
    He’d make a huge difference on the field. Problem is he tends to negatively effect team chemistry off the field. He’s called out players and coaches, which is fine if you do it in a certain way but it seems like the jags are just mentally exhausted dealing with him. That’s what I think howie is doing his research on, to see if the locker room and coaches could keep him under control. He supposedly has several friends already in the eagles locker room including Ronald Darby which supposedly he’s “very very close to”
    Last edited by jaydubb; 09-17-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Your baby can't do this

He’d make a huge difference on the field. Problem is he tends to negatively effect team chemistry off the field. He’s called out players and coaches, which is fine if you do it in a certain way but it seems like the jags are just mentally exhausted dealing with him. That’s what I think howie is doing his research on, to see if the locker room and coaches could keep him under control. He supposedly has several friends already in the eagles locker room including Ronald Darby which supposedly he’s “very very close to”
    Wouldn't Darby be the player they'd be getting rid of to put Ramsey in, based on the most recent complaining from Eagles fans?
    Dak: 12,999 @ 66.7%, 7.6 per att, 79 TD, 32 INT
    Wentz: 11,801 @ 63.4%, 7.0 per att, 83 TD, 32 INT

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Football is a very different sport. It's not reliant on one guy. Maybe they let him walk with the 3rd comp pick; then use the two thirds on a CB and a Safety who as a duo offer far more than Ramsey alone.

I'm for players getting while they can, but there needs to be some give from their side if they want take.
    Football is different from what? I never brought up a different sport. And what "give" is Ramsey supposed to give? Doing what he did benefits the team. Unless he starts refusing to play, he helped the jags by asking out.

Let's play out some scenarios. Let's assume Ramsey is not happy on Jacksonville and is unlikely to resign there long term, and that's why he's requesting a trade.

Options 1/2/3. He plays out his contract without requesting a trade. In option 1, he's tagged and plays out the tag before leaving. In option 2 he refuses to play on the tag and either sits out or is traded for pennies on the dollar like clowney. Option 3 is no tag and he just walks. Basically all 3 options result in 2-3 years worth of clowney and then something like a 3rd round pick (comp or trade) and maybe a bit more if traded.

Options 4/5. He requests a trade now. He's traded now (option 4) or traded next offseason (option 5). Option 4 results in most likely the largest package. It most likely gets you at least a 1st and probably more. Option 5 may still get you a first, but more likely a 2nd plus more.

If I'm the jags, I like that he requested a trade if he truly isn't going to resign. I can still do option 1, 2 or 3, but it opens up options 4 and 5, which could be far more lucrative for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Wouldn't Darby be the player they'd be getting rid of to put Ramsey in, based on the most recent complaining from Eagles fans?
    In time, probably, but Darby is an eagle for at least this year perhaps longer since the value of his next contract is likely coming down

Your baby can't do this

Character in the locker room isn't a big problem for me as long as Jenkins and Cox are there. No one on defense is going to try any mess. If anything, Ramsey should look up to Jenkins.

Actually, we haven't had locker room issues in years now that I think about it. Even the Bennett situation last year was kept under wraps along with the JP vs. Wis beef and the Wentz targeting Ertz stuff.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Since when did teams get of rid of players but a selection of fans complained?

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast