Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    I think we are about to get really bad news on Rizz...
    My fear too. Originally I was very positive. I was thinking maybe a few days. Sometimes an ankle issue looks a lot worse then it turns out to be. But with the Cubs still not saying anything, I am getting concerned.

Reds (lulz) at Cubs (81-68) IGT: The Comeback Edition

Jesse Rogers is hinting that he knows itís bad news on Rizzo, but he could just be assuming since I think we all assume itís bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Jesse Rogers is hinting that he knows itís bad news on Rizzo, but he could just be assuming since I think we all assume itís bad.
    I have no idea if he knows something or just thinks it. It is easy to think it since the Cubs still haven't said anything.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Relatively speaking, thatís probably good news. I donít expect him to play again this regular season though, so itís still bad news.

Sure, and Lorenzen isnít a normal relief pitcher playing CF. Cubs need to keep winning regardless.

Gausman is probably going 2-3 innings anyway. He hasnít pitched more than 2 innings since 8/2.
    Oh, word. Good catch. Anyway, I agree the Cubs need to keep on winning. They have a really great opportunity here. Would be the cherry on top of a really disappointing season if they couldn't finish this run on top of the division.

Relatively speaking, thatís probably good news. I donít expect him to play again this regular season though, so itís still bad news.
    Yep. Really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yep. Really sucks.
    They need to ramp up Contrerasí playing time now. Iíd like to see him at 1b tomorrow with Caratini catching Darvish.

Honestly, they could just let Caratini catch 60% of the time going forward with Contreras playing a lot of 1b, catching Lester, and catching certain matchups to give Caratini days off.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-16-2019 at 04:58 PM.

They need to ramp up Contrerasí playing time now. Iíd like to see him at 1b tomorrow with Caratini catching Darvish.

Honestly, they could just let Caratini catch 60% of the time going forward with Contreras playing a lot of 1b, catching Lester, and catching certain matchups to give Caratini days off.
    If Contreras is done with the hamstring recovery, I agree. Just have him and Caratini in the line up and figure out who is catching and who is playing 1st base. I think the Cubs face righties the rest of the year, except maybe a lefty for the Pirates. That being the case Zo should play 2nd as much as possible. Maybe sit a game if he needs the time. But for me, he needs to play as much as he can possibly play. I think from here on in the line up has to be pretty much the same, with just switching Caratini and Contreras at their defensive position. Only other players that should see the field to start a game MIGHT be Happ or Bote. And I say MIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Zobrist 2B
    Castellanos RF
    Bryant 3B
    Schwarber LF
    Contreras C
    Caratini 1B
    Heyward CF
    Hoerner SS
    Hamels P

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Honestly, even without Rizzo and Baez, this is a pretty solid line up. Heyward is ramping up again, and Caratini has been good in relieve. Hoerner has been very good as well. This is pretty much what I would like to see the rest of the season if Rizzo does not make it back before the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    If Contreras is done with the hamstring recovery, I agree. Just have him and Caratini in the line up and figure out who is catching and who is playing 1st base. I think the Cubs face righties the rest of the year, except maybe a lefty for the Pirates. That being the case Zo should play 2nd as much as possible. Maybe sit a game if he needs the time. But for me, he needs to play as much as he can possibly play. I think from here on in the line up has to be pretty much the same, with just switching Caratini and Contreras at their defensive position. Only other players that should see the field to start a game MIGHT be Happ or Bote. And I say MIGHT!
    Bote should get mixed in too. I donít know what he needs to do to convince Cubs fans that heís good. Heís having a really solid year. He should play some 2b with Zo at 1st in games where Caratini or Willson is out.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-16-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

Bote should get mixed in too. I donít know what he needs to do to convince Cubs fans that heís good. Heís having a really good year. He should play some 2b with Zo at 1st in games where Caratini or Willson is out.
    Catch the ball!

I know you will continue to suggest he is solid at 2nd. I do not see it. However, I am kidding about it too. Even not being that good defensively, I agree that he has had a solid year and he is a decent player. I am just a little down on his defense.

And I agree with you, he should play some. That is why I said only him and Happ should be considered to start a game other than the 8 starting tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Catch the ball!

I know you will continue to suggest he is solid at 2nd. I do not see it. However, I am kidding about it too. Even not being that good defensively, I agree that he has had a solid year and he is a decent player. I am just a little down on his defense.

And I agree with you, he should play some. That is why I said only him and Happ should be considered to start a game other than the 8 starting tonight.
    Bote has a 4.8 UZR/150 and 4 DRS at 2b. He is catching the ball there. Iím not suggesting it. The data is suggesting it. He also has nearly a .370 obp and a .173 iSO. Heís a good player. If he were on the Cards or Dodgers weíd ask where they get these no name prospects who turn into above average mlb players.

One of the things on my list for the offseason along with Nico spending a lot of time in CF in Spring Training, and Alzolay converting to relief full time, is Bote spending a lot of time on the outfield corners in spring training. They should be finding more ways to involve him next year.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-16-2019 at 05:25 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast