Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 710
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    12,979
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    This may sound crazy but they don't have better players, but they are probably the better team
    It doesnít sound crazy at all. They have more names a much better run differential and people keep saying the Cubs are better yet they won last year and are in the process of kicking the Cubs out again. Cubs had a chance to separate from them not too long ago Brewers step up and won 3-4. They went to St Louis and took 2-3. I mean I hate them but I think they are just a better team and got to give them credit. They still have to finish the job but man they are impressive .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    12,979
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Iíve heard it could be a possibility but not 100% confirmed.

    It would be nice though lol
    Not going to happen but you are trying to be positive itís okay.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    To me, unless the Cubs **** the bed against the Cardinals, I think the Brewers have a very good shot at the division. I just do not see them losing more than 3 games the rest of the way. And to me the Cardinals can easily go 6-5 or 5-6 to the end. And I also do not think the Cubs will go 8-3 to close it out.

    So, I am curious, do you think the Brewers don't get in because the Cardinals hold them off, and the Cubs do not make it at all? Or do you expect the Cubs to outplay the Brewers from here on out?
    I didn't say I don't think the Brewers will get in. I said I don't think they'll win the division. Wildcard is a different story.

    I'm basing that off of what the various simulation models are showing. The ones I look at indicate the probability is under 20%.

  4. #439
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    21,829

    Reds (lulz) at Cubs (81-68) IGT: The Comeback Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Not going to happen but you are trying to be positive itís okay.
    Why shouldnít I be positive? Weíre in a playoff spot and the division title is still within reach with 7 games left against the division leader. Javy can be cleared by next weekend, along with Rizzo.

    But sorry that I shouldnít have to be all doom and gloom like you have turned into lately.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 09-18-2019 at 02:29 PM.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  5. #440
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,793
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    This may sound crazy but they don't have better players, but they are probably the better team
    Or maybe they play/prepare/manage with a sense of urgency.

  6. #441
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    82,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Not going to happen but you are trying to be positive itís okay.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Thank you Dr. Dfan.

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    534
    Cardinals currently up 1-0 in the bottom of the 5th.

  8. #443
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    534
    What is more likely? Cubs winning the NLC/WC and Brewers/Cardinals missing all together or the Nationals to fall apart and lose a WC spot?

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    12,979
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Why shouldnít I be positive? Weíre in a playoff spot and the division title is still within reach with 7 games left against the division leader. Javy can be cleared by next weekend, along with Rizzo.

    I shouldnít have to be all doom and gloom like you have turned into lately.
    Itís okay to be positive . I think you took my comment the wrong way . I donít have a problem with anybody being positive . I had hope last night when they were down with 7 outs left. Really not going to get into the doom and gloom ****. At the end of the day itís an internet board people post what they want.

    Donít have a problem with the doom and gloom ( I guess you think I am one of them ) and donít have a problem with the all I want KB babies post .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,623
    Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    I didn't say I don't think the Brewers will get in. I said I don't think they'll win the division. Wildcard is a different story.

    I'm basing that off of what the various simulation models are showing. The ones I look at indicate the probability is under 20%.
    What are the Cubs to win the division? To make the playoffs? I feel the Brewers have a better chance.

  11. #446
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    12,979
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Thank you Dr. Dfan.
    You are welcome sir


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  12. #447
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    It doesnít sound crazy at all. They have more names a much better run differential and people keep saying the Cubs are better yet they won last year and are in the process of kicking the Cubs out again. Cubs had a chance to separate from them not too long ago Brewers step up and won 3-4. They went to St Louis and took 2-3. I mean I hate them but I think they are just a better team and got to give them credit. They still have to finish the job but man they are impressive .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    I think projection tools, run differential, and a lot of the metrics still underrate the value of an elite-multi inning reliever. To me, Hader is way more valuable than the metrics show and Pomeranz has been almost as good since going there. The Cubs should have him on their offseason wishlist. Having multiple relievers like that who can go more than an inning and shut down a 1 run game in later innings allow you to do so much.

    The knock we hear on Marquez as a prospect is that he might be a reliever, but if heís that type of truly dominant multi-inning reliever, I think that is more valuable than a solid mid rotation starter. Would you rather have the year Q just gave the Cubs or the year Hader just gave Milwaukee? Itís obviously Hader, right?

  13. #448
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    It doesnít sound crazy at all. They have more names a much better run differential and people keep saying the Cubs are better yet they won last year and are in the process of kicking the Cubs out again. Cubs had a chance to separate from them not too long ago Brewers step up and won 3-4. They went to St Louis and took 2-3. I mean I hate them but I think they are just a better team and got to give them credit. They still have to finish the job but man they are impressive .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    What really bothers me is that in their starting lineup, only 2 or 3 guys would be able to start for the Cubs. Couple that with our starting pitching being ranked 9th in ERA, and theirs ranking 17th. Bullpen rankings has the Cubs 6th, and Milwaukee 16th. Using ERA to use something universal.

    We've given up 656 runs, while they've given up 733 runs. We've scored 772 runs, to their 689 runs.

    Our hitting with RISP has come back to bite us again this year

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    21,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Itís okay to be positive . I think you took my comment the wrong way . I donít have a problem with anybody being positive . I had hope last night when they were down with 7 outs left. Really not going to get into the doom and gloom ****. At the end of the day itís an internet board people post what they want.

    Donít have a problem with the doom and gloom ( I guess you think I am one of them ) and donít have a problem with the all I want KB babies post .
    I might have misread your comment, and I apologize for taking it in that direction.

    All Iím saying is if they say thereís a chance Javy and Rizzo can come back, then Iím 100% on board for hoping that theyíre able enough to come back and help us

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  15. #450
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    82,174
    If there is any physical possibility that Baez and Rizzo can come back, they will be back before the postseason.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •