Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    It would be really swell if we could handle business against baseballs version of the Miami Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It would be really sweet well if we could handle business against baseballs version of the Miami Dolphins.
    Who would that be? It certainly isn’t the Reds and there are only 2 equivalents to the Dolphins and they are both in the American League (Tigers,Orioles)

We have a losing record to the reds this year. They have just given us fits

It would be really swell if we could handle business against baseballs version of the Miami Dolphins.
    Reds are not great, but they are not even close to as bad a baseball team as the Dolphins are a football team. And, neither are the Pirates (who are closer). And even bad teams in baseball win 40% of their games. So basically a 6-10 football team. WAY BETTER than anything the Dolphins will be this year.

I think it's going to be the Cubs/Cardinals for the last playoff spot. This is going to be a fun week and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    We have a losing record to the reds this year. They have just given us fits
    Yep, if the Cubs do not get in it all goes back to not being able to beat the Reds. Wonder who the Reds will be pitching when they face the Brewers next week. I am pretty sure Gray will go. But the Brewers might have to face Castillo as well. I would say the Reds owe the Cubs a few wins against other teams....

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    I think it's going to be the Cubs/Cardinals for the last playoff spot. This is going to be a fun week and a half.
    I agree. With the easy schedule the Brewers have it is hard to not count them in. So goes down to the Cubs/Cardinals/Nationals. Depending on today's outcome, the Nationals can be caught as well. Yes, they have an easy weekend against the Marlins. But after that they have 5 against the Phillies (with one double header) and then finish with the Indians. They can easily lose 5 or 6 more games. I realize the Phillies are not great, but they are not the Pirates.

I know things don't usually go according to plan, but looking at all 4 teams schedules, and trying to project wins, I could see Milwaukee with 91 wins, and the other 3 team with 89 wins

Does anybody know how a 3 team WC tiebreaker works?

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Reds are not great, but they are not even close to as bad a baseball team as the Dolphins are a football team. And, neither are the Pirates (who are closer). And even bad teams in baseball win 40% of their games. So basically a 6-10 football team. WAY BETTER than anything the Dolphins will be this year.
    You guys are so ****ing literal in here, lol. Point being, please beat the god damn Reds.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .603AVG/.621BP/1.017SLG/1.638OPS/19RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)

You guys are so ****ing literal in here, lol. Point being, please beat the god damn Reds.
    Agreed. Please beat the God Damn Reds. Maybe Joe's respect 90 shirts should say that. I have a feeling it might say "We missed the playoffs because we couldn't beat the God Damn Reds". That could be a respect 90 shirt, or an "obvious" shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    The Reds are more equivalent to a team like the Eagles or Titans in the NFL. Neither good nor bad, just average, not a playoff contender, but capable of upsetting better teams on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    The Reds are more equivalent to a team like the Eagles or Titans in the NFL. Neither good nor bad, just average, not a playoff contender, but capable of upsetting better teams on any given day.
    The Eagles have been highly regarded as SB favorites in the nfc (albeit, prior to all their WRs getting hurt Sunday night). Non-playoff contenders is a huuuuuuge stretch.

The Eagles have been highly regarded as SB favorites in the nfc (albeit, prior to all their WRs getting hurt Sunday night). Non-playoff contenders is a huuuuuuge stretch.
    Um....no! In the NFC they aren’t a super bowl contender, Rams, Packers, Saints once Brees gets healthy, Bears once their offense gets going, cowboys are all better than the Eagles this year. I do hope you guys beat the Packers but I doubt it at Lambeau

Reds (lulz) at Cubs (81-68) IGT: The Comeback Edition

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I know things don't usually go according to plan, but looking at all 4 teams schedules, and trying to project wins, I could see Milwaukee with 91 wins, and the other 3 team with 89 wins

Does anybody know how a 3 team WC tiebreaker works?
    If the Cubs, Nationals, and Cards were all tied, the three teams would choose/receive A, B and C designations. A would host B, and the winner would advance to the Wild Card Game. C would then host the loser of the game between A and B to decide the other Wild Card team. Then the 2 winners play the WC game.

ABC would be based on head to head vs the other 2 teams. If the Cubs go 4-3 in the remaining STL games they’ll be 13-12 vs STL/Wash, Wash will be 7-6 or 6-7 and STL will be 12-14 or 13-13. So if Washington wins today, the Cubs win 4/7 and all 3 teams finish tied, Washington would choose team A, the Cubs choose team B, Cards are team C. If the Cards win today, the Cubs go 4/3 and all 3 finish tied then the Cubs are team A, Stl is B, Wash is C.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-18-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    If the Cubs, Nationals, and Cards were all tied, the three teams would choose/receive A, B and C designations. A would host B, and the winner would advance to the Wild Card Game. C would then host the loser of the game between A and B to decide the other Wild Card team. Then the 2 winners play the WC game.

ABC would be based on head to head vs the other 2 teams. If the Cubs go 4-3 in the remaining STL games they’ll be 13-12 vs STL/Wash, Wash will be 7-6 or 6-7 and STL will be 12-14 or 13-13. So if Washington wins today, the Cubs win 4/7 and all 3 teams finish tied, Washington would choose team A, the Cubs choose team B, Cards are team C.
    So if Washington loses today and they all are tied the Cubs would be team A, correct? So the Cubs would have only 1 game to play but it would be on the road?

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast