Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Maybe because there's a 5 month break between seasons, instead of 5 days.
    But players who show extreme R/L splits show them usually for entire careers.

Why wouldn't Hendricks continue this? Does the 5 months magically make him better on the road?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    But players who show extreme R/L splits show them usually for entire careers.

Why wouldn't Hendricks continue this? Does the 5 months magically make him better on the road?

I've already acknowledged that R/L splits are more valid than home/away splits.

I don't really take much stock in home/away splits, except Coors. But there's no denying that Kyle's splits this season are glaring. Especially for a pitcher of his caliber.

Honestly, I hope this is something we have to discuss in October. For now, there is nothing here. Hendricks is going to start one more in Chicago, and most likely, two on the road. One in Pitt on Tuesday and the other in St.L. on the last game of the year, if it is needed. If things go well with the rest of the season, we can take this up again. I feel discussing a playoff rotation is getting way ahead of ourselves.

Reds (lulz) at Cubs (81-68) IGT: The Comeback Edition

I thought I quoted a Bibbs post. Sorry.

And I do agree that L/R splits are more valid than home/away splits. Except Coors.
    You did. But you asked him to show you something I already showed you, so I answered.

Coors isnít the only extreme ballpark and even with Coors Home/Road is not as significant as people think. Itís a thing, but Rockies players home/road splits arenít a good way to project what theyíd do on another team.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Honestly, I hope this is something we have to discuss in October. For now, there is nothing here. Hendricks is going to start one more in Chicago, and most likely, two on the road. One in Pitt on Tuesday and the other in St.L. on the last game of the year, if it is needed. If things go well with the rest of the season, we can take this up again. I feel discussing a playoff rotation is getting way ahead of ourselves.
    I concur. I'm moving on from it.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    You did. But you asked him to show you something I already showed you, so I answered.

Coors isnít the only extreme ballpark and even with Coors Home/Road is not as significant as people think. Itís a thing, but Rockies players home/road splits arenít a good way to project what theyíd do on another team.
    Yep.

I've already acknowledged that R/L splits are more valid than home/away splits.

I don't really take much stock in home/away splits, except Coors. But there's no denying that Kyle's splits this season are glaring. Especially for a pitcher of his caliber.
    They're glaring. But almost assuredly meaningless.

Fun with h/r Splits:
    Caratini has the highest road wRC+ on the roster this year.
    Bote is 4th on the road, above Rizzo, Willson, Javy, Schwarber
    Russell has a 100 wRC+ on the road and 53 at home
    Schwarber has a 89 wRC+ on the road and 135 at home

Kyle Ryan - 1.98 ERA at home/3.64 away
    Darvish - 5.14 era at home/3.09 away
    Hamels - 2.78 era at home/5.40 away
    Kintzler - 0.89 era at home/5.25 away
    Chatwood - 4.29 at home/3.24 away

Itís all random...Unless anyone wants to advocate starting Caratini, Russell, Bote, Darvish, Chatwood on the road and use Schwarber, Ryan, Kintzler, Hamels at Wrigley along with Hendricks.

Fun with h/r Splits:
    Caratini has the highest road wRC+ on the roster this year.
    Bote is 4th on the road, above Rizzo, Willson, Javy, Schwarber
    Russell has a 100 wRC+ on the road and 53 at home
    Schwarber has a 89 wRC+ on the road and 135 at home

Kyle Ryan - 1.98 ERA at home/3.64 away
    Darvish - 5.14 era at home/3.09 away
    Hamels - 2.78 era at home/5.40 away
    Kintzler - 0.89 era at home/5.25 away
    Chatwood - 4.29 at home/3.24 away

Itís all random...Unless anyone wants to advocate starting Caratini, Russell, Bote, Darvish, Chatwood on the road and use Schwarber, Ryan, Kintzler, Hamels at Wrigley along with Hendricks.
    Hahaha.... Well that's just crazy!

Did I miss something and somebody suggested to not pitch Kyle on the road?

Hahaha.... Well that's just crazy!

Did I miss something and somebody suggested to not pitch Kyle on the road?
    But itís not crazy. Anytime you split a season up into segments youíll get stats that can create a narrative. That doesnít make it real. Itís normal. We could probably do the same thing with day/night splits or weekday/weekend splits or monthly splits, etc.

Yeah, someone (you) said when thereís a choice theyíd choose to use him at home, like in the playoffs when you can choose where to pitch your starters.

I guess the same has to be true about all these guys. When thereís a choice you need to use Caratini, Bote, Russell, Darvish, Chatwood on the road and Schwarber, Ryan, Kintzler, Hamels at home. Either that or just admit that itís random small sample stuff that doesnít mean anything moving forward.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-17-2019 at 12:25 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Guessing the Dodgers are glad they didnít give up Lux for him.

So how about games of more relevance. The Cardinal series. Hendricks has been lights out against the Cardinals 3 times. I feel good with him going twice. Actually, Hamels has also been very good against them, in both his starts. Still not convinced he would be good for that series in St.L. This one here, I guess they have to use him. Right now he is scheduled for Saturday, I would guess. Weather is supposed to be very windy with the wind blowing out. Not very confident we get a good start in that one. But, then again, Cubs get to also hit with the wind blowing out. Q, who would go on Friday, faced the Cardinals twice. One was a solid start and the other was that crazy 4 hr rain delay game in St.L. Gave up 2 solo homers in the 4 innings he pitched. So, not terrible. Not sure if he gets a start in St.L., or not. Davish also pitched against the Cardinals twice. Mixed reviews. He pitched against Wahca in the Taylor Davis game. Gave up 5 runs in that one. But he also pitched well in St.L. in a game the Cubs lost 2-1 in 10 innings. Darvish gave up 1 run in 6 innings. Honestly, the guy who has fared the worst against the Cardinals is Lester. He gave up 4 in the 1st in Chicago in a game the Cubs came back on Flaherty and won 9-4 and also got shelled in St.L, in a game the Cubs lost 9-0. Really the only game the Cubs starter was blown out in against the Cardinals. 3 other loses were 2-1 and then there was the rain game, decided by the pens. I am cautiously optimistic about this series in Chicago.

Guessing the Dodgers are glad they didnít give up Lux for him.
    Yeah I bet they are too. Even more disturbing:

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yeah I bet they are too. Even more disturbing:

Wow. Disgusting.

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast