Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yeah I bet they are too. Even more disturbing:

Yeah, yikes.

Yeah I bet they are too. Even more disturbing:

Not good Bob...

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I don't remember that. But of course it wouldn't be true. That's actually a funny assumption.
    People can believe a lot. But Iíd never read the one about Bryantís blue eyes/ struggling in day games because of his blue eyes.

Yuck.

Wow. Hopefully the victim is getting any help she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    But itís not crazy. Anytime you split a season up into segments youíll get stats that can create a narrative. That doesnít make it real. Itís normal. We could probably do the same thing with day/night splits or weekday/weekend splits or monthly splits, etc.

Yeah, someone (you) said when thereís a choice theyíd choose to use him at home, like in the playoffs when you can choose where to pitch your starters.

I guess the same has to be true about all these guys. When thereís a choice you need to use Caratini, Bote, Russell, Darvish, Chatwood on the road and Schwarber, Ryan, Kintzler, Hamels at home. Either that or just admit that itís random small sample stuff that doesnít mean anything moving forward.
    I'm not gonna play the let's compare bench/role players to a Cy Young caliber pitcher game

I'll say this. I would pitch Kyle anywhere, any time, against anybody. This year the results, and the under the hood numbers both show that he's been elite at home, and bad on the road. Reason unknown, but it happened.

I didn't expect this topic to get so much dispute, when the numbers don't lie.

None of us know why his season has gone this way. But it has.

I don't understand what goes through some heads.

It's both weird and perverse

Reds (lulz) at Cubs (81-68) IGT: The Comeback Edition

It gets even more disgusting once you learn the minor he was soliciting for sex and has been in contact with for 2 years and still is was 13 years old two years ago.

I hope this human ****-stain and loser has no future left in baseball. If itís good enough for Luke Heimlich, itís good enough for Felipe Vazquez.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 09-17-2019 at 02:22 PM.

I'm not gonna play the let's compare bench/role players to a Cy Young caliber pitcher game

I'll say this. I would pitch Kyle anywhere, any time, against anybody. This year the results, and the under the hood numbers both show that he's been elite at home, and bad on the road. Reason unknown, but it happened.

I didn't expect this topic to get so much dispute, when the numbers don't lie.

None of us know why his season has gone this way. But it has.
    Kyle Schwarber isnít a bench player. Yu Darvish isnít a bench player. Cole Hamels isnít a bench player. What are you even talking about?

All this comes down to is that you have a complete misunderstanding of how statistics work. Anytime you take a season performance and split it up into different samples (home/road in this case) for hundreds of players there will be many players who donít show much of a split, some who show a split one way, and others who show a split the other way. Thatís how data works. That doesnít inherently make the split meaningful. Itís only meaningful if there is a cause that made it happen and will continue to make it happen moving forward. In this case there isnít. Itís not a mystery. The numbers donít lie, but the people misunderstanding the numbers sure do.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Need to get this one. Keep the pressure on. I wan tot be in first by the end of the weekend.

Honestly, the Brewers scare me the most. I thought they would fade, but they have not. I believe the Cubs will play well against the Cardinals. But even 4-3 gives the Brewers a way in. Cubs might have to win every non Cardinal game to get in the playoffs.

Jesus, 13 years old? He deserves a lifetime MLB ban and to be sterilized. Just repugnant.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    It gets even more disgusting once you learn the minor he was soliciting for sex and has been in contact with for 2 years and still is was 13 years old two years ago.

I hope this human ****-stain and loser has no future left in baseball. If itís good enough for Luke Heimlich, itís good enough for Felipe Vazquez.
    If this is true, and since heís being charged I imagine the police have evidence of these communications, he should be in prison and whenever heís out of prison I would not want him on my team.

Kyle Schwarber isnít a bench player. Yu Darvish isnít a bench player. Cole Hamels isnít a bench player. What are you even talking about?

All this comes down to is that you have a complete misunderstanding of how statistics work. Anytime you take a season performance and split it up into different samples (home/road in this case) for hundreds of players there will be many players who donít show much of a split, some who show a split one way, and others who show a split the other way. Thatís how data works. That doesnít inherently make the split meaningful. Itís only meaningful if there is a cause that made it happen and will continue to make it happen moving forward. In this case there isnít. Itís not a mystery. The numbers donít lie, but the people misunderstanding the numbers sure do.
    I'm bowing out of this topic. It's run its course

I'm bowing out of this topic. It's run its course
    You should have bowed out before saying a bunch of wrong things.

Reds (lulz) at Cubs (81-68) IGT: The Comeback Edition

If this is true, and since heís being charged I imagine the police have evidence of these communications, he should be in prison and whenever heís out of prison I would not want him on my team.
    Yeah, you imagine he will never throw another pitch in the majors again. He should be locked up.

This is the same person who started a clubhouse fight over bullpen music. And he thought what he was doing was normal?

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast