Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is it time to give up on Derrius Guice?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thumbs down Is it time to give up on Guice?

He is turning out to be another Josh Doctson, IMO.

Before the Eagles game, he hadn't played a meaningful regular season football snap in over 18 months. For Gruden, or anyone else, to expect Guice to come back to a full load was ridiculous in my opinion. Peterson should've started the first game and received the majority of the carries, while Guice was eased into the running back rotation, eventually getting a majority of the carries near the end of the year. I'm not going to give up on him yet, but if Guice can't make it back this year, a likely new regime next year isn't going to have much patience with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Before the Eagles game, he hadn't played a meaningful regular season football snap in over 18 months. For Gruden, or anyone else, to expect Guice to come back to a full load was ridiculous in my opinion. Peterson should've started the first game and received the majority of the carries, while Guice was eased into the running back rotation, eventually getting a majority of the carries near the end of the year. I'm not going to give up on him yet, but if Guice can't make it back this year, a likely new regime next year isn't going to have much patience with him.
    Exactly. I don't understand why Gruden is trying to move off of AP so quickly. He barely got double-digit carries and I think if we win the time of possession battle it will help the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    Exactly. I don't understand why Gruden is trying to move off of AP so quickly. He barely got double-digit carries and I think if we win the time of possession battle it will help the defense.
    It's simple. He wanted to keep Perine, Allen wanted to keep Peterson. So to get back at Bruce Allen, he inactivated Peterson for the first week until he had no choice.

Time for Guice to go, he's injury prone and we don't need that. Time for Gruden to go too. lost only playoff game he's been involved in and he's accomplished nothing in over 5 years.

Too early. They should draft a shifty RB to form a solid combo like the Cardinals seem to be forming with Johnson and Edmonds.