Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The season so far

Could not be ****ing better... Now maybe we fall off etc but lets be real... we have a hard *** schedule but we just smacked the dog **** out of our 2 biggest rivals and made them wish they had new QBs.... lmfao... LETS ****ING CELEBRATE *****ES

Feels great to be 2-0, and start the year with two wins against two division rivals. All that said, I think its important to keep expectations realistic. We still have a lot of work to do, but the potential is definitely there.

I honestly didnít expect us to start 2-0 so Iím stoked we pulled it off. Offense is still mediocre but hopefully it has more to do with the chemistry between Rodger and Lafluer and the fact we played two division rivals who have great defenses. I really want to see us blow out the broncos tho. If we struggle with them then Iíll probably be a bit more worried. They are our only easy game in the first month and a half of the season.

I think were gonna struggle to put up points against denvers defense so a blowout is unlikely. Should be a decisive victory though.

The offense has been behind since camp and are still figuring it out. Luckily, we have a defense can that help win games while they do.

The first 3 drives against Minnesota showed what the offense can be. So I'm pretty optimistic right now for what the team can be once they get rolling.

well for one i am watching them again which says something. my expectations are still tempered however this D unit is amazing. seeing Rodgers buck and chaff while getting held accountable is refreshing. the offense is not going to win a championship with a QB that peaks at 200 yards per game but knowing the D unit can win a game for us is making me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    well for one i am watching them again which says something. my expectations are still tempered however this D unit is amazing. seeing Rodgers buck and chaff while getting held accountable is refreshing. the offense is not going to win a championship with a QB that peaks at 200 yards per game but knowing the D unit can win a game for us is making me excited.
    never gonna question someones fan card but you kind of lose the right to talk **** about our QB who has done so much with so little when you dont watch because **** isnt going right. Rodgers has issues but he also deserves the chance to learn the offense on top of realizing we just played 3 very good defenses... I mean hell i wish we played the cowboys or pats schedule so far IMAGINE?

seeing Mike McCarthy's fat face and his bumbling inept style turned me away. there is so much good football on on Sundays.

There's a few things about the offense that have really frustrated me so far. One is adams usage. I don't understand how we can't get him more involved. I get he's had to deal with some pretty good number 1 CBs so far, but he's a top shelf guy. Seems he catches a few balls on the first 2 or 3 drives, then he's not targeted again until the end of the game.

Rodgers talked in the offseason how this offense might even target adams more and that they were going to move him around and scheme him open but that really hasn't been the case. We need to find ways to get him more involved.

And the lack of shot plays is also frustrating. MVS is crazy fast. I get he's a bit inconsistent with his hands, but he's a vertical threat. We should have a few shot plays per game just for him. And not just free plays. Take a **** down field to a guy with that speed. Even if you don't complete it, the safeties have to respect it and it should open up some space underneath.

And the scheme stuff really hasn't been great. We've had a few pre-packaged looks, like those 2 HB formation plays to open the game be MN that were great, but other than those rare occurrences, the offense really doesnt look much different. We run the ball more than we did and we bunch things up a little more, but we still don't use much presnap motion and still don't really run the natural pick/crosser type route combos all that much. So far it looks alot like we're running the same system with a few added wrinkles more so than it looks like we have a new system.

And as a whole I think the last thing has been the part of it that's frustrated me the most. It's not that we're struggling. Struggling in a new system while facing really good defenses isn't a huge surprise. The biggest complaint from me is that alot of the issues that plagued us in the past still seem to be present today. We still rarely play with any pace on offense. We still snap the ball with no time on the play clock. The formations and route combos look somewhat similar. Rodgers mechanics still are sloppy at times. We still have broken plays and throw aways.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    There's a few things about the offense that have really frustrated me so far. One is adams usage. I don't understand how we can't get him more involved. I get he's had to deal with some pretty good number 1 CBs so far, but he's a top shelf guy. Seems he catches a few balls on the first 2 or 3 drives, then he's not targeted again until the end of the game.

Rodgers talked in the offseason how this offense might even target adams more and that they were going to move him around and scheme him open but that really hasn't been the case. We need to find ways to get him more involved.

And the lack of shot plays is also frustrating. MVS is crazy fast. I get he's a bit inconsistent with his hands, but he's a vertical threat. We should have a few shot plays per game just for him. And not just free plays. Take a **** down field to a guy with that speed. Even if you don't complete it, the safeties have to respect it and it should open up some space underneath.

And the scheme stuff really hasn't been great. We've had a few pre-packaged looks, like those 2 HB formation plays to open the game be MN that were great, but other than those rare occurrences, the offense really doesnt look much different. We run the ball more than we did and we bunch things up a little more, but we still don't use much presnap motion and still don't really run the natural pick/crosser type route combos all that much. So far it looks alot like we're running the same system with a few added wrinkles more so than it looks like we have a new system.

And as a whole I think the last thing has been the part of it that's frustrated me the most. It's not that we're struggling. Struggling in a new system while facing really good defenses isn't a huge surprise. The biggest complaint from me is that alot of the issues that plagued us in the past still seem to be present today. We still rarely play with any pace on offense. We still snap the ball with no time on the play clock. The formations and route combos look somewhat similar. Rodgers mechanics still are sloppy at times. We still have broken plays and throw aways.
    Some of the broken plays against the Broncos came on RPOs where Rodgers and the receivers weren't even close to being on the same page. It's something that Rodgers has never ran before, so there is clearly stuff they are still trying to figure out. I'm not really worried about the offense yet. We've seen that there is potential there if they hit it on all cylinders. If they struggle against a bad defense then I'll start to worry.

He maybe hasn't run those exact rpos, but we've had rpo plays in the offense for at least 4 years. We ran outside zone runs with a backside slant since we had lacy and jordy. Alot of those slant/flat combos to the tight end everyone used to get so mad about had a run aspect to them as well. The concept isn't really new.

But even then, that type of stuff isn't the real frustrating part. There's plenty of other throw aways and broken plays that aren't RPOs. There's plenty of time to fix it, but the same issues seem to pop up.

If you could have cut off nfl access for someone who's a good football mind for 5 years, then showed them tape of the packers for the last 5 years, I'm not sure they would look at it and say we changed our coach this year. They would probably recognize some new wrinkles, but thus far, my guess would be that it look more like the same coaching philosophy added a few wrinkles than a completely overhauled offensive staff. There's still plenty of time to adjust and playing some softer defenses in the future should help, but that's the concerning part to me. It's not the struggles that are frustrating, it's the fact that the struggles look very similar to previous struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    He maybe hasn't run those exact rpos, but we've had rpo plays in the offense for at least 4 years. We ran outside zone runs with a backside slant since we had lacy and jordy. Alot of those slant/flat combos to the tight end everyone used to get so mad about had a run aspect to them as well. The concept isn't really new.

But even then, that type of stuff isn't the real frustrating part. There's plenty of other throw aways and broken plays that aren't RPOs. There's plenty of time to fix it, but the same issues seem to pop up.

If you could have cut off nfl access for someone who's a good football mind for 5 years, then showed them tape of the packers for the last 5 years, I'm not sure they would look at it and say we changed our coach this year. They would probably recognize some new wrinkles, but thus far, my guess would be that it look more like the same coaching philosophy added a few wrinkles than a completely overhauled offensive staff. There's still plenty of time to adjust and playing some softer defenses in the future should help, but that's the concerning part to me. It's not the struggles that are frustrating, it's the fact that the struggles look very similar to previous struggles.
    I agree. Offense doesnt look different really. A few more bunch formations and that two hb set but thats about it. Maybe the lack of change is why the offense has been so inconsistent.