Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 496 of 516 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Hope your right with Ferrell & Ruggs.

Abrams really needs to get his head straight, but with his coverage skills I just don't see him as a long term answer at safety. Definitely a poor pick for a first rounder.

Arnette was a rookie and had a injured hand/wrist in a cast all season. It generally takes a couple seasons for CB's to "mature" to the NFL speed so I'm not ready to state he was a another wasted pick, but I am tired of continuing to whiff on CB's.

I like Jacobs, but don't agree with picking RB's in the first round. They just don't make the impact like 20 years ago where its justified taking one with premium draft picks. Barkely? Gordon? Elliot? have they really made a significant impact on their teams? I would say not to the level of where they were selected. Use your first round picks for O line, D Line QB & LB's or the occasional "once in a generation" player that comes along.

Just a another "tired of losing" fans opinion...
    I love great RB. Ok with them being picked high. They do alot for the offense. A good RB will change the way a team plans the defense.
    Look at King Henry. Love watching that guy run the rock. Smash mouth in your face!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    I love great RB. Ok with them being picked high. They do alot for the offense. A good RB will change the way a team plans the defense.
    Look at King Henry. Love watching that guy run the rock. Smash mouth in your face!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    You can get chunks of yardage from 2-3 RBs, spend very little on them and use higher draft picks on DL / OL / LB.

If your OL opens holes, any 3rd round scrub can gain yardage.

Frank Reich really pushed hard for Carr. Given Reich's aptitude for QB play that's pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    You can get chunks of yardage from 2-3 RBs, spend very little on them and use higher draft picks on DL / OL / LB.

I agree, although I wouldn't say "scrub." You can get a decent couple of RBs in middle rounds or on the open market. But we've also seen in the past that having a bunch of garbage RBs doesn't work.

Also given the high injury rate, you don't want to put your eggs in one basket. Having a strong committee gives you some protection from injury. Sure, some star RBs avoid getting hurt, but you have no way of knowing who the ultra-durable ones are when you draft them.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Gruden would be a better coach with a better record if he stayed out of personnel decision making. It's what killed his Tampa stint to begin with
    That's the hidden irony of it all. Gruden wanted personnel input badly. So Al Davis gave him his first big decision. Told him he had an offer of two first round picks and two second round picks, plus cash for a Raiders asset. Took Gruden a minute to realize he was the asset.

Sure, Jon won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team, but that trade hurt them long term. They didn't have the most powerful offense to begin with and their defense was bound to get long in the tooth. It didn't help for a personnel novice like Gruden to have significant input when 3 out of the 6 years that he was there he wouldn't have his full complement of draft picks. It's the little things that kill a career.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    That's the hidden irony of it all. Gruden wanted personnel input badly. So Al Davis gave him his first big decision. Told him he had an offer of two first round picks and two second round picks, plus cash for a Raiders asset. Took Gruden a minute to realize he was the asset.

Sure, Jon won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team, but that trade hurt them long term. They didn't have the most powerful offense to begin with and their defense was bound to get long in the tooth. It didn't help for a personnel novice like Gruden to have significant input when 3 out of the 6 years that he was there he wouldn't have his full complement of draft picks. It's the little things that kill a career.
    Dungy won a Super Bowl with moras team. Just saying. Brought in that guy Manning and right when he was getting to be top level(4 years later). In comes dungy with a team who was a playoff team already coming off a down year due to injuries to online and various d linemen key injuries.

Dungy couldnít figure out why he couldnít go to the super bowl with Shaun King. Mic drops.
    Lol

Yeah, theyíve outsmarted themselves in the draft. Far too many reaches, IMO.

Iím optimist about Ferrell ó he was good last year and he was starting to get pressure. Heís going to be good in Ď21. Ruggs has potential... but only if he works hard. Seems like he has his head on his shoulders, tho.

Abrams and Arnette are bad. Jacobs only has another 1-2 years before heís worn out. Terrible picks.
    Letís give arnette a few years. CBS rarely get it first year. Not only first year but with guenthers stupid d he ran. Way to complicated for rookies to get right away. Now Bradley runs a cover 3, super easy to play as a cb

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Dungy won a Super Bowl with moras team. Just saying.
    This only works if Dungy had taken Mora's old team to the Super Bowl the very first year that he took over from Mora. I'm going to need a few drinks in me before I can see a similar narrative here. And I don't drink.

Rumors of the Raiders working on an extension for Carr...I think this is a good idea, short and long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at the top teams lately, few have spent high draft picks on RBs. Last playoffs the top 4 were Buffalo, KC, GB and TB. They all had depth at RB. Fournette was a high pick, just not for TB. So to me, it seems like the recipe for success is having 2-3 RBs capable of starting.

Jacobs is a great player. But we need to draft another RB in rounds 3-4. And sign booker.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Frank Reich really pushed hard for Carr. Given Reich's aptitude for QB play that's pretty telling.
    Carr is a top 10 QB when he plays freely. Ever since he got hurt, he plays like a little ***** that doesn't want to get hit. That is why you see those 2-3 yard passes because he panics and doesn't want to get hit. The year he broke his leg he was playing @ a Top 3-5 QB level ever since then he has been slightly above average. Doesn't help him that Chucky keeps calling the damn same plays over and over. I recall numerous times when Chucky called a run play @ the goalline for 3 straight plays. Basically, the damn same play 3x in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Rumors of the Raiders working on an extension for Carr...I think this is a good idea, short and long term.

funny. 1 year ago. half the board was calling for his head. Some posters were mentioning he wasn't a top 20 QB and that Minshew, Dalton, Trubisky, Winston were better QB's than him. I don't know about keeping him long term. He is more than capable of leading us to a title but unless we get a top 3 defense, we are not wining a super bowl anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    funny. 1 year ago. half the board was calling for his head. Some posters were mentioning he wasn't a top 20 QB and that Minshew, Dalton, Trubisky, Winston were better QB's than him. I don't know about keeping him long term. He is more than capable of leading us to a title but unless we get a top 3 defense, we are not wining a super bowl anytime soon.
    Iím not a Carr guy but I look at it this way: the only QB available this offseason that is better than him is Watson. I donít think we are getting Watson. I donít think we have a realistic chance at Lawrence or Wilson, the only two rookies Iíd rather have. So it makes sense to extend him, create cap space this offseason and fix the defense. Itís that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    This only works if Dungy had taken Mora's old team to the Super Bowl the very first year that he took over from Mora. I'm going to need a few drinks in me before I can see a similar narrative here. And I don't drink.
    How on earth do you watch this trash franchise without drinking?!

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Iím not a Carr guy but I look at it this way: the only QB available this offseason that is better than him is Watson. I donít think we are getting Watson. I donít think we have a realistic chance at Lawrence or Wilson, the only two rookies Iíd rather have. So it makes sense to extend him, create cap space this offseason and fix the defense. Itís that simple.

well if he is not the QB of the future why give him a max extension? Is it worth investing 100+ million in him again to save 10 million this year? You give him a big contract and 2-3 years from now he will have some dead money that will count against the cap. We are not 1 year away from winning a title. We are 3-5 years away. I would rather trade him and get draft picks and build the defense. During those 2-3 years our D will develop into a top 10 defense hopefully and by then Ruggs/Jacobs would be hitting their prime. Then we can be like the Donkeys from a few years ago and sign Rodgers or someone else that can lead us to a championship then and hopefully have drafted his replacement and developed him during those 2-3 years. I am a big Carr supporter but this team isn't winning anytime soon.