Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 375 of 393 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5884
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Has he played on a winning franchise? You gotta play on one to lead it, right?

We clearly know he isnít good enough to carry a mediocre (generous?) team into the playoffs. Hopefully this year we see what happens with an above average team.
    I think Carr v 2016 was good enough to carry a mediocre team. The Carr I have seen since is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I agree with that. Season opener in New Orleans set the tone.

One game at a time for sure but man those first 4 games are so important...

I think Carr v 2016 was good enough to carry a mediocre team. The Carr I have seen since is not.

Yep. The 2016 Carr is what we all want to see every year. All the other years are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Even more laughable are those who have difficulties differentiating good QB play, from bad QB play. It's not rocket science.
    Not rocket science for you thatís clear

Derek Carr's accuracy in 2019:

Short - 91.8% (15th out of 29 quarterbacks)
    Underneath - 86.7% (3rd)
    Intermediate - 72.3% (3rd)
    Deep - 55.6% (2nd)

Total - 69.4% (1st)

qbdatamine.com pic.twitter.com/r4IItDwwFV

https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/statu...58638826053633

I agree with that. Season opener in New Orleans set the tone.

One quality I did like about JDR. Gruden mostly likely opts to kick the extra point in that situation.

Haha. So many experts.

But if any of you think that we can start 1-4 and Carr will be starting after the break, I strongly disagree. And donít give me your breakdown of analysis. That all makes sense from a statistical viewpoint. But thatís not how this normally works.

Unless there are some extreme conditions- where everything else fails and Carr is playing amazing. Heíd likely be benched at 1-4. Thatís why mariota is here.
    A few sports news outlets have Raiders to be 8-8, but interestingly go 1-6 in their first seven. https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/gal...e-predictions/

That first stretch is rough. Not sure if I agree with it completely.

Take 2/3 of the opening 4 and weíll be in great shape...only 1 win and weíll be in trouble big time... good thing second half of the season seems very favorable

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    A few sports news outlets have Raiders to be 8-8, but interestingly go 1-6 in their first seven. https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/gal...e-predictions/

That first stretch is rough. Not sure if I agree with it completely.
    Thatís might be how they see thy wins going. But I donít think carr would remain the starter after a 1-4 start.

So he carried the team, then suddenly became scared from the injury and never played the same? Could be... but you canít ignore that coaching changes and talent level made the overall team worse since then.

So if you think he carried us then, the. You must think he has the ability to be a franchise QB. As long as he overcomes the fear. Easier to do then suddenly becoming capable of carrying a team.

I, however, donít think thatís the case. We won some close games that year. Got a little lucky. Had an easier schedule than weíve had lately. And Carr played well enough to get the wins. Carr doesnít seem like an elite player who can carry the team. But I think he can win on a good team. I dont think heíll be the problem, or solution.

So he carried the team, then suddenly became scared from the injury and never played the same? Could be... but you canít ignore that coaching changes and talent level made the overall team worse since then.

So if you think he carried us then, the. You must think he has the ability to be a franchise QB. As long as he overcomes the fear. Easier to do then suddenly becoming capable of carrying a team.

I, however, donít think thatís the case. We won some close games that year. Got a little lucky. Had an easier schedule than weíve had lately. And Carr played well enough to get the wins. Carr doesnít seem like an elite player who can carry the team. But I think he can win on a good team. I dont think heíll be the problem, or solution.
    He hasnít been the same since the Redskins game and I thought he played well in the first two games of that season.

I am not sure what happened to him. He and Musgrave seemed to have had a good rapport so maybe his departure was a bigger loss than most thought.

Sometimes QBís lose it once they start hearing footsteps.

He hasnít been the same since the Redskins game and I thought he played well in the first two games of that season.

I am not sure what happened to him. He and Musgrave seemed to have had a good rapport so maybe his departure was a bigger loss than most thought.

Sometimes QBís lose it once they start hearing footsteps.

There are also many factors that can be deflating. Such as the team trading away your best players. Or coaching changes that you donít agree with. Or disagreements with other teammates. One thing is obvious, when you feel like you can win, you try harder/elevate your game. Hopefully, Carrís play will improve as our overall team has.

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    Derek Carr's accuracy in 2019:

Short - 91.8% (15th out of 29 quarterbacks)
    Underneath - 86.7% (3rd)
    Intermediate - 72.3% (3rd)
    Deep - 55.6% (2nd)

Total - 69.4% (1st)

qbdatamine.com pic.twitter.com/r4IItDwwFV

https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/statu...58638826053633
    Its laughable that people actually think Derek Carr has "lost" it since the 2016 season

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Its laughable that people actually think Derek Carr has "lost" it since the 2016 season
    Itís laughable that you believe anyone takes you seriously on this forum pee wee.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I agree

Heís had weaker weaponry every other year.

He has the tools but lacked the confidence in his teammates.

Look at his WR crew last year- joke

Thatís gotta be the shittiest situation. NFL QB with terrible receivers.

Wonder how mad Dolphins fans were during the Marino years. Gotta be a parallel