Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 530 of 542 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 8124
  1. #7936
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    " In the past, Carr has been dinged by onlookers for everything from aggressiveness to toughness, despite those being nebulous qualities that are often difficult to quantify and lead to opinions that are hard to support without a large number of brutally honest testimonials. He was, in some ways, the antiĖPhilip Rivers or antiĖBen Roethlisberger, unable to establish himself in the public eye as the typical, swaggering brawler capable of lifting his team beyond the scheme, which made it hard to accept him as the top 10Ė12 quarterback heís typically been."

    This is nothing new. It's the meat of the discussion in this thread. Perception vs Reality. Opinion vs Fact. That is why there are those that say "This is same Carr," while others side with "This Carr is different." Even with statistically being very much the same so far through 2 games as previous years. Seems that both sides are happy since they are getting confirmation in their opinion.
    When in the last few years has he had back to back 400 yard games or has he taken over the game like he did this week. Heís been consistent these past couple weeks Itís been some time since weíve seen that (IMO) Glad to see his confidence back again. Good things will happen if he keeps this up.
    Last edited by cykoraider; 09-20-2021 at 02:02 PM.

  2. #7937
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,354
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    When in the last few years has he had back to back 400 yard games or has he taken over the game like he did this week. Heís been consistent these past couple weeks Itís been some time since weíve seen that (IMO) Glad to see his confidence back again. Good things will happen if he keeps this up.
    Ignorant posts like these is why nobody takes you seriously.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...-win-over-jets
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  3. #7938
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,476
    Not worth the energy. Have a great day
    Last edited by cykoraider; 09-20-2021 at 03:57 PM.

  4. #7939
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Disagree.

    I can't imagine the man I've seen the past two years would throw a ball in the dirt on a 4th down with the game on the line, like Carr did against the San Diego Chargers a few years ago.

    Carr has always been accurate, he's always had a quick release and he's always been good about getting the ball out of his hand on time.

    He didn't always have the confidence to stand in the pocket and cut it loose. That's what's changed, and taken him from a decent to really strong QB.

    PS -- I have to give the franchise credit. Is there any other NFL franchise that would have stuck with Carr as long as the Raiders have?
    I wouldn't characterize it necessarily as a proof of confidence, faith or loyalty. This organization has been known to stumble in the dark even with a sky-beam searchlight strapped to its arse. In all likelihood it was a combination of Carr's performance plus other circumstances that kept him on the Raiders for as long as it did. I can't quite give credit to the Raiders...

    ... although the 2018 draft does come to mind.

    There was quite a bit of talk that year about the QB class. Most of the top QBs were all gone when the Raiders drafted at 15. We drafted Kolton Miller out of need. Still, like Leatherwood, we knew it would take some time to properly develop him. It wasn't a sure thing that he'd work out.

    Several spots later, at pick #32, Lamar Jackson came off the board. I get it: Most people see him as one dimensional. And maybe that's how Gruden saw him, too. But unlike Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen -- and yes, even Derek Carr -- Lamar Jackson is actually an MVP QB.

    2018 was probably the best chance that the Raiders had of getting a starting caliber QB in the draft and on the cheap. I don't see the team trying to pursue a QB like that in free agency. Even with the Mack trade, they weren't going to burn all of our assets for a QB. The team had too many other needs.

  5. #7940
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,248
    Haven't been around much ... Thought I would pop in and say Hi. Y'all are still uptight and should be enjoying the nice little run. Do me a favor and go to Dollar General ... Isle 3... half way down on the left... Vagasil.. Use as directed..
    Dogdaddy

  6. #7941
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    19,148
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Haven't been around much ... Thought I would pop in and say Hi. Y'all are still uptight and should be enjoying the nice little run. Do me a favor and go to Dollar General ... Isle 3... half way down on the left... Vagasil.. Use as directed..
    How do you know what Vagasil is?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7942
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    How do you know what Vagasil is?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More impressive is that he knows the exact isle and where on the shelf it is at..

  8. #7943
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    19,148
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    More impressive is that he knows the exact isle and where on the shelf it is at..
    Seems to have experience and knowledge of the product?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #7944
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Seems to have experience and knowledge of the product?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe heís just a huge fan of the movie Major League. Everybody knows itíll get you another 2-3 inch drop on your curveball!

  10. #7945
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,751
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I wouldn't characterize it necessarily as a proof of confidence, faith or loyalty. This organization has been known to stumble in the dark even with a sky-beam searchlight strapped to its arse. In all likelihood it was a combination of Carr's performance plus other circumstances that kept him on the Raiders for as long as it did. I can't quite give credit to the Raiders...

    ... although the 2018 draft does come to mind.

    There was quite a bit of talk that year about the QB class. Most of the top QBs were all gone when the Raiders drafted at 15. We drafted Kolton Miller out of need. Still, like Leatherwood, we knew it would take some time to properly develop him. It wasn't a sure thing that he'd work out.

    Several spots later, at pick #32, Lamar Jackson came off the board. I get it: Most people see him as one dimensional. And maybe that's how Gruden saw him, too. But unlike Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen -- and yes, even Derek Carr -- Lamar Jackson is actually an MVP QB.

    2018 was probably the best chance that the Raiders had of getting a starting caliber QB in the draft and on the cheap. I don't see the team trying to pursue a QB like that in free agency. Even with the Mack trade, they weren't going to burn all of our assets for a QB. The team had too many other needs.
    Do you think if you place any of those QB's on the Ravens, that any of them would be an MVP? I think so. So. maybe it is a team thing.

  11. #7946
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    When in the last few years has he had back to back 400 yard games or has he taken over the game like he did this week. Heís been consistent these past couple weeks Itís been some time since weíve seen that (IMO) Glad to see his confidence back again. Good things will happen if he keeps this up.
    Carr has not been consistent. Unless you mean that Carr has been consistent in not doing well early in games and then ramping up. Carr has not been consistent throughout a match. However, he has a team that now does not punish him heavily for it. This is not a knock on Carr, it's just that most fans do not understand the ups and downs of the game and then focus on the outcome in a vacuum. Besides the outlier of pass yard production due to a lack of a running game, Carr is doing exactly what he has the past few years. What is new is that the burden is not placed solely on him. Carr deserves credit for delivering when he should. But it's not a surprise. Hopefully this level of play continues from the team, this season is looking like a war of attrition already throughout the NFL. So far the Raiders have shown big improvements from previous years and if they continue to play at a high level they have a chance to reach another level.



    "..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

  12. #7947
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,924
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Do you think if you place any of those QB's on the Ravens, that any of them would be an MVP? I think so. So. maybe it is a team thing.
    I think Carr gets an MVP and likely a SB if he had been on the Ravens his entire career. Maybe Josh Allen gets MVP consideration. Not as sure about the others.

    Still, there are things that Lamar does that helps that team win that only Lamar can do. No one gifted him the MVP because that offense was dominant at every position. He earned it. There have been seasons where he carried that offense and made things happen. Just like Monday night against KC.

  13. #7948
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,354
    Take away Lamar's running ability and he's a mediocre QB at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  14. #7949
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,751
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I think Carr gets an MVP and likely a SB if he had been on the Ravens his entire career. Maybe Josh Allen gets MVP consideration. Not as sure about the others.

    Still, there are things that Lamar does that helps that team win that only Lamar can do. No one gifted him the MVP because that offense was dominant at every position. He earned it. There have been seasons where he carried that offense and made things happen. Just like sMonday night against KC.
    His running ability separates him from the others. That's what makes him what he is.

  15. #7950
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Take away Lamar's running ability and he's a mediocre QB at best.
    Right, and yet what he does on the ground is still head and shoulders above many other mobile QBs.

    Not here to defend Lamar, simply pointing out that in the 2018 draft there were a number of QBs that the Raider could have gone after, if they really, really, really wanted to replace Carr. They didn't.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •