Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 518 of 543 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 8134
    We have laid out the statistics on this numerous times (in this thread even)

Carr has been plagued with terrible defenses his entire career.

Also has mostly ineffective WR1/2

Until the defense can crack the top 15 ima keep blaming their sorry ***** for our team being trash

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post

Until the defense can crack the top 15 ima keep blaming their sorry ***** for our team being trash
    Fair enough but until the defense can officially be responsible for throwing the ball in the stands or to the turf in fear of being hit, I'll blame Carr. Prove me wrong Derek!!!

We have spent historical levels of money to surround Charmin with offensive tools. The D sucks because we largely ignore it.

The never ending litany of excuses by the Charmin Contortionists? Tedious.

Carr will get some respect when Carr deserves some respect.

-Stork

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    We have spent historical levels of money to surround Charmin with offensive tools. The D sucks because we largely ignore it.

-Stork
    Spot on! This post needs a like button.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post

I see itís time to restart the Raider Fan Therapy Session (aka this thread).

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

-Stork

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/cap/2020/

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

-Stork
    Who? A TE?
    Antonio brown? Agholor?
    Show me an adams, Hopkins, evans, metcalf, tyreek hill, Allen Robinson, diggs, Jefferson, Ridley, Jones, Moore, cooks, aj brown, etc?
    We need a good wr on the outside to stretch the field. And our 30th ranked d doesnít help matters.

The charming stuff is pretty dumb btw.

-Stork
    We spent crap on wr weapons. The top wrs out there make a ton of money each year. And we donít grab one. We wonder why we donít have a top wr.
    Wr salaries per year:
    Hopkins 27 mil
    Jones. 22
    Allen 20
    Cooper 20
    Thomas 19
    Obj 18
    Hill. 18
    Robinson 18
    Galladay. 18
    Locket. 17
    Evans. 16.5
    Woods. 16
    Cooks. 16
    Theilan. 16
    Godwin. 16
    Cupp. 15
    Landry. 15
    Diggs. 15
    Adams. 15
    Davis 12
    Samuel. 11
    Boyd. 10
    Fuller. 10
    Parker. 10
    Shepard. 10
    Anderson. 10
    Cobb. 9
    Hylton. 8
    Shuster. 8
    Chase. 8

Letís fast forward to our highest paid wrs
    Ruggs. 3.7
    John brown. 3.5

With wrs you get what you pay for.
    Our top 2 get paid combined 7.2 mil this year.
    TB top 2 get paid combined 32.5 mil.

Where is this big money getting spent to improve our we group? I would love to know.
    And we still had a top 10 offense. With our 30th ranked d.

Moot argument at this point.

Derek Carr starts for the Raiders in '21.

Hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We spent crap on wr weapons. The top wrs out there make a ton of money each year. And we donít grab one. We wonder why we donít have a top wr.

Where is this big money getting spent to improve our we group? I would love to know.
    It's kind of telling that our best pass catcher during Carr's tenure is a reclamation project who had caught all of 12 passes in his career before arriving.

Meanwhile our best WRs have been an inconsistent headcase (Cooper), a scrap heap signing (Crabtree), and a guy where every pass is anyone's guess if he'll catch it or not (Agholor).

That said, I'm not necessarily a big believer in throwing huge money at WRs, as I believe the average NFL WR is already pretty effective. Problem is, by and large we have not had average or better NFL WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Wr salaries per year:
    Hopkins 27 mil
    Jones. 22
    Allen 20
    Cooper 20
    Thomas 19
    Obj 18
    Hill. 18
    Robinson 18
    Galladay. 18
    Locket. 17
    Evans. 16.5
    Woods. 16
    Cooks. 16
    Theilan. 16
    Godwin. 16
    Cupp. 15
    Landry. 15
    Diggs. 15
    Adams. 15
    Davis 12
    Samuel. 11
    Boyd. 10
    Fuller. 10
    Parker. 10
    Shepard. 10
    Anderson. 10
    Cobb. 9
    Hylton. 8
    Shuster. 8
    Chase. 8

Letís fast forward to our highest paid wrs
    Ruggs. 3.7
    John brown. 3.5

With wrs you get what you pay for.
    Our top 2 get paid combined 7.2 mil this year.
    TB top 2 get paid combined 32.5 mil.

Iím guessing he was referencing through the years. Letís be honest the priority hasnít been on defense. Raiders spent 1st round picks on Leatherwood, K. Miller, Ruggs, Cooper, Jacobs. Gave top dollar to Hudson, Osmele and T. Brown. Also paid Gabe and Penn. Tried bringing in future HOF Lynch. Tried signing pro bowlers A. Brown, Jordy Nelson, J. Cook, Witten and paid T. Williams.
    On defense all we do is go after DBs. Iím hoping Raiders are better this year but DT and linebacker still look weak and certainly not very deep once again. I do like we have gotten rid of the overpriced olinemen. My guess without looking it up is the distribution of money for the offense and defense is a lot closer. But yeah since Carr Raiders focus was protecting him and they have tried getting him weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Iím guessing he was referencing through the years. Letís be honest the priority hasnít been on defense. Raiders spent 1st round picks on Leatherwood, K. Miller, Ruggs, Cooper, Jacobs. Gave top dollar to Hudson, Osmele and T. Brown. Also paid Gabe and Penn. Tried bringing in future HOF Lynch. Tried signing pro bowlers A. Brown, Jordy Nelson, J. Cook, Witten and paid T. Williams.
    On defense all we do is go after DBs. Iím hoping Raiders are better this year but DT and linebacker still look weak and certainly not very deep once again. I do like we have gotten rid of the overpriced olinemen. My guess without looking it up is the distribution of money for the offense and defense is a lot closer. But yeah since Carr Raiders focus was protecting him and they have tried getting him weapons.
    In the last 10 years, weíve drafted 7 defensive players and 5 offensive players in the first round. Iíd say defense hasnít been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    In the last 10 years, weíve drafted 7 defensive players and 5 offensive players in the first round. Iíd say defense hasnít been ignored.
    Ignored? No, but other than Mack they have missed the mark by a LONG shot with every draft pick for defense and not just in the first round. TJ Carrie was a surprise in the 7th and Crosby in the 4th. Jelly? decent I guess, but no longer here.

Every linebacker they have selected has been total trash. Every 2nd rounder has been horrid, but maybe Mullins.

Under both Reggie and Gruden they have done a better job on the offensive side of the ball. Not great, but better.

Mayock/Gruden's first draft was promising, but last years was total crap.

Hopefully this year's will be much better. Looks decent on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Lynch was at the end of his career.
    Nelson was at the end of his career.
    Witten was past the end of his career!
    A Brown was a total mistake.
    T Williams was just bad luck with all the injuries.
    J Cook was the only pick up that actually made a difference, but with Waller coming on he was no longer needed.

Crabtree and Aghlor have been the only FA pick ups that actually did well.

How many seasons did we go into with at least 2 UDFA WR's on the roster? Too many to count.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Five of those picks were defensive backs. Yes the secondary hasnít been ignored. But the front seven where you know, we rush the passer and stop the run. Something the Raiders havenít done in the last 10 years. It has been ignored. We are a very dumb football organization. With a weak philosophy.