Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 519 of 530 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 7942
  1. #7771
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,753
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Lynch was at the end of his career.
    Nelson was at the end of his career.
    Witten was past the end of his career!
    A Brown was a total mistake.
    T Williams was just bad luck with all the injuries.
    J Cook was the only pick up that actually made a difference, but with Waller coming on he was no longer needed.

    Crabtree and Aghlor have been the only FA pick ups that actually did well.

    How many seasons did we go into with at least 2 UDFA WR's on the roster? Too many to count.
    Yes we have some imbeciles evaluating free agents and drafting talent. That said all those moves were not to sabotage Carr. Our front office priority was to try and cover up his deficiencies. IMO Carrís poor pocket awareness and decision making in the red zone can not be fixed. This franchise should have been focusing on defense especially the front 7 and running the ball the last 10 years. Building around Carr has been a huge mistake. The Raiders are in the same place right now than they were when they wasted a second round pick on him.

  2. #7772
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Yes we have some imbeciles evaluating free agents and drafting talent. That said all those moves were not to sabotage Carr. Our front office priority was to try and cover up his deficiencies. IMO Carrís poor pocket awareness and decision making in the red zone can not be fixed. This franchise should have been focusing on defense especially the front 7 and running the ball the last 10 years. Building around Carr has been a huge mistake. The Raiders are in the same place right now than they were when they wasted a second round pick on him.
    I was stoked when Carr was taken in the second round. I was a huge fan, even blamed others (Cooper) for the terrible seasons and missed connections. He showed some promise up until his vagina... err umm, I mean leg was broken. Now he's nothing more than a scared dog! At the time, it was a good pick, looking back, not so much. I do agree that we are in the same place now as last season. No matter who we have at WR, Carr will not let a play develop. As long as there are defenders in the area, the ball will go to the turf, out of bounds or into the stands. Receivers have to be wide open, or no QB pressure for him to perform. Guy would be lethal with a 5 alligator count
    RNFL

  3. #7773
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    I was stoked when Carr was taken in the second round. I was a huge fan, even blamed others (Cooper) for the terrible seasons and missed connections. He showed some promise up until his vagina... err umm, I mean leg was broken. Now he's nothing more than a scared dog! At the time, it was a good pick, looking back, not so much. I do agree that we are in the same place now as last season. No matter who we have at WR, Carr will not let a play develop. As long as there are defenders in the area, the ball will go to the turf, out of bounds or into the stands. Receivers have to be wide open, or no QB pressure for him to perform. Guy would be lethal with a 5 alligator count
    Carr has definitely made some stupid decisions with the ball and is far from perfect. Carr has plenty of flaws, but you are way wide of the target with most of your statement. I've seen him on multiple occasions thread some spectacular needles to receivers well covered. Cooper would quit on plays all the time. He still disappears in games for Dallas. The biggest problem I see with Carr is lack of vision of the whole field. There are numerous times where he misses broken coverage on his 4th option and doesn't see it then runs out of time and toss it away. Drives us all crazy. IMO most of his redzone issues are Gruden and his playcalls/designs. Carr's lack of vision just exacerbates the problem when it takes too long for things to develop or receiver to clear.

    Hopefully Ruggs and Edwards take a step forward. Gruden gets Moreau more involved and both Jacobs and Drake crush it in the run game to open things up. We'll see if their O line decisions help or hurt.

  4. #7774
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    19,053
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    I was stoked when Carr was taken in the second round. I was a huge fan, even blamed others (Cooper) for the terrible seasons and missed connections. He showed some promise up until his vagina... err umm, I mean leg was broken. Now he's nothing more than a scared dog! At the time, it was a good pick, looking back, not so much. I do agree that we are in the same place now as last season. No matter who we have at WR, Carr will not let a play develop. As long as there are defenders in the area, the ball will go to the turf, out of bounds or into the stands. Receivers have to be wide open, or no QB pressure for him to perform. Guy would be lethal with a 5 alligator count
    Did you know the vagina is the strongest muscle in the human body?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #7775
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Did you know the vagina is the strongest muscle in the human body?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's debatable some say the jaw muscles, possibly calf. The uterus is definitely mentioned but still I don't see your point. Regardless Derek's is injured. Hoping he recovers this season and becomes a man again. Unfortunately we have no say in the matter.

  6. #7776
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,578
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Five of those picks were defensive backs. Yes the secondary hasnít been ignored. But the front seven where you know, we rush the passer and stop the run. Something the Raiders havenít done in the last 10 years. It has been ignored. We are a very dumb football organization. With a weak philosophy.
    WellÖ we did use the two highest picks on Ferrell and Mack. Also we signed Bruce Irvin and Aldon smith.

    Iím not saying those were great moves. But I do think weíve addressed all positions on this team adequately. By adequately, I mean with good effort, not effectiveness. Unfortunately, we havenít drafted well or had many great signings.

  7. #7777
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,260
    Its Derek Carr SZN. Lets go!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  8. #7778
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  9. #7779
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,578
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Ignored? No, but other than Mack they have missed the mark by a LONG shot with every draft pick for defense and not just in the first round. TJ Carrie was a surprise in the 7th and Crosby in the 4th. Jelly? decent I guess, but no longer here.

    Every linebacker they have selected has been total trash. Every 2nd rounder has been horrid, but maybe Mullins.

    Under both Reggie and Gruden they have done a better job on the offensive side of the ball. Not great, but better.

    Mayock/Gruden's first draft was promising, but last years was total crap.

    Hopefully this year's will be much better. Looks decent on paper.
    If you look at it though, weíve tried adding every Pittsburg castoff WR and failed every time. We still donít have great WRs and spent two good draft picks last year. Hopefully, that looks better thus year.

    At RB, jacobs looks good. But heís no Derrick Henry- who I wanted us to draft.

    Basically the success of our offense is carr, the OL, and a TE who we got lucky getting. Iím not sure if the OL is a result of carr getting the ball out quick. Or if cable is a great OL coach. But that part of the offense is working right now. Granted we spent first rounders on our OTs, but so do most teams. Weíll see how the interior of the OL performs with players we didnít draft high. Pretty much the same treatment we give DT snd LB.

    AnywayÖ the point of this long winded response is that Iíd guess that player decisions arenít the source of the issues on defense. But instead, coaching has probably been the bigger issue. Hopefully Gus can get them to play up to expectations.

  10. #7780
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Every player in the league has a highlight. Doesn't make them winners. Nice try though.

  11. #7781
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    4,158
    Need to change the title of this to ďitís time for a contract extension for CarrĒ

  12. #7782
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,347
    For those with blind faith, perhaps. For those of us still living in and perceiving reality, ĎEarn it firstí is a bit more apt.

    -Stork

  13. #7783
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    For those with blind faith, perhaps. For those of us still living in and perceiving reality, ĎEarn it firstí is a bit more apt.

    -Stork
    Come on in the Carr pool Stork! The water is fine! Drink the Kool Aid Man!

  14. #7784
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    For those with blind faith, perhaps. For those of us still living in and perceiving reality, ĎEarn it firstí is a bit more apt.

    -Stork
    Probably going to retire his number.

    Heíll be the first in Raider history.

  15. #7785
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,260
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Every player in the league has a highlight. Doesn't make them winners. Nice try though.
    Yep I destroyed your claim with a single highlight. Keep trying though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •