Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    As much as I appreciate Hunter's posts, you should listen to the guy who actually at practice (mr. Pedaso)
    As I appreciate Mr Pedaso's in person he has been the only person actually say hes been staring down WRs and paying for it. I follow a lot of writers as well as Raiders fans that have gone to the practice. He's the only one Ive seen that said that. Again Carr hasn't been mistake free but 1 report vs the other 10+ reports that have said the opposite.

Last year was last year.

Lotta people were hoopin and hollerin that he wouldn't improve in his second season from what they saw his rookie year. Well we saw a lot.

Let's hold off until after game 1 of the regular season to pick this back up to discuss.

if carr was drafted #1 overall i could understand all the fuss! but he wasnt,and its safe to say he came to a team that was pathetic. if he fails with what he has now its on him!! bashing him the last two years is a joke!!

At this point in his career, draft position doesn't mean much. The team went out and got receivers and Olinemen to strengthen the O. It's all on him this season. The stage is set, now ll he has to do is get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    As I appreciate Mr Pedaso's in person he has been the only person actually say hes been staring down WRs and paying for it. I follow a lot of writers as well as Raiders fans that have gone to the practice. He's the only one Ive seen that said that. Again Carr hasn't been mistake free but 1 report vs the other 10+ reports that have said the opposite.
    Hunter, I do not like reading opinions that are different from my own. I rather pay attention to those that agree with my own and disregard a holistic approach to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Hunter, I do not like reading opinions that are different from my own. I rather pay attention to those that agree with my own and disregard a holistic approach to anything.
    Bulldog, Mr Pedaso is actually at practice and is a Carr fan. 'Nuff said.

They only let the fans in for a little over 2 hours, so we only got to see perhaps a dozen throws from each of the 3 QBs. But no tackling, nothing else to pay attention to other than routes and what the QBs are doing. Carr never looked at anyone other than to where he threw it. McGloin and Cook did.

I'm a big Carr fan and am thinking it was an off day or he was just taking it easy for this part of practice, or maybe even intentionally doing it to see how the defenders would react. At least that's my hope. And one writer did say he had never seen Carr intercepted in practice before, so I don't think it defines Carr. But it did between 11am and 1pm on Wednesday.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

And the writers were in the VIP section behind the north end zone. Carr threw the pick I saw with his back to the writers to about the south goal line. The fans are spread out along the length of the field in bleachers less than 20 feet from the field.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

And so are a ton of other people. Again I do respect Mr. Pedaso's thoughts and what he saw but 1 vs everyone is saying is a bit of difference. I do follow fans who are there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pedaso View Post
    They only let the fans in for a little over 2 hours, so we only got to see perhaps a dozen throws from each of the 3 QBs. But no tackling, nothing else to pay attention to other than routes and what the QBs are doing. Carr never looked at anyone other than to where he threw it. McGloin and Cook did.

I'm a big Carr fan and am thinking it was an off day or he was just taking it easy for this part of practice, or maybe even intentionally doing it to see how the defenders would react. At least that's my hope. And one writer did say he had never seen Carr intercepted in practice before, so I don't think it defines Carr. But it did between 11am and 1pm on Wednesday.
    I do respect what you saw. Im not trying to say what you saw isn't true. Just overall taking 1 set of snaps and it being used as how his camp is going is false. Not saying you are saying that but Blake is always looking for every small oddball case to throw Carr under the bus. I don't doubt a QB can have a bad practice. Happens to everyone. Yea Carr threw 1 pick there and has thrown 1 other one now. An athletic interception by Karl Joseph. Carr has made very few mistakes. You saw one of them during your timeframe.

With pre season starting today and then regular season soon upon us just going to let Carr do his thing and see what happens. At this point most of us have our opinions and thoughts on Carr and going back and forth on it wont do much until we see how he plays come the regular season.

Derek Carr Discussion: Vol. 2

I agree Hunter. We will know more soon enough.

I very much hope he's improved.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Hear, hear!

"...prone to stoogery.".

Not questioning if an individual was there or not. As Hunter mentioned, you cannot discount what others report who are also there. You can attribute any opinion to bias, but when second hand information is being passed along, cannot be certain of anything.

For all it's worth, this the first couple week's of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I agree Hunter. We will know more soon enough.

I very much hope he's improved.

-Stork
    You're agreeing and hoping now Stork? What happened this summer?

Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast