Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 491 of 516 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I say stick with Agholor. Spend more money on the D. Get Watt and Suh and our d-line woes are over.
    Watt is not a 43 DE. Heís also not a great fit as a 43 DT. Itíll cost a lot of $$$ for an oft injured, declining player, who will be out of position.

Suh is perfect, but his behavior is concerning.

Not to be negative, just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Watt is not a 43 DE. Heís also not a great fit as a 43 DT. Itíll cost a lot of $$$ for an oft injured, declining player, who will be out of position.

Suh is perfect, but his behavior is concerning.

Not to be negative, just my thoughts.
    Nah Watt can play any position on the DL effectively. He's that good. He's instantly our best defensive player if signed
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I love the idea of the Raiders finding 2-3 great years with veteran players, like the franchise used to. The '02 team was built on veteran leadership, athletic younger players and Rich Gannon.

IDK, maybe I'm being unduly pessimistic.

I love the idea of the Raiders finding 2-3 great years with veteran players, like the franchise used to. The '02 team was built on veteran leadership, athletic younger players and Rich Gannon.

It's a money game today. Vets are looking for that last big payday. The other major difference is Al was running this team, and he had his wits about him.

So... anyone feel different about trying to get Trevor Lawrence. Or Is it the same Watson/Wilson argument.

We couldn't get Lawrence if we sold our soles to the devil. Urban Meyer is the coach of the Texans, Cause he knows TL will be the QB... Jags are not trading that pick.. And if they do, It will not be to us. Maybe if the Jets sent Darnold, Their 2 first rounds this year, A third and next years first. He will cost more then trying to get Watson and Wilson has a back up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We couldn't get Lawrence if we sold our soles to the devil. Urban Meyer is the coach of the Texans, Cause he knows TL will be the QB... Jags are not trading that pick.. And if they do, It will not be to us. Maybe if the Jets sent Darnold, Their 2 first rounds this year, A third and next years first. He will cost more then trying to get Watson and Wilson has a back up, lol.
    I may be in the minority but I think Zach Wilson will be better than Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    So... anyone feel different about trying to get Trevor Lawrence. Or Is it the same Watson/Wilson argument.
    5 of the first 10 teams need a qb. What makes you think that he'd fall to us by luck or through a trade? He's going within the first 5.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I may be in the minority but I think Zach Wilson will be better than Lawrence.

In terms of size, athleticism, etc, Zach Wilson is very similar to Derek Carr. Whether he's a success at the NFL level comes down to his ability to read a defense, take shots and avoid turnovers.

So, outside of Trevor Lawrence, you're not getting a "sure thing" and you're not gauranteed an upgrade.

For QB, I really like two "deep cut" prospects: Kellen Mond and Jaime Newman, with a STRONG preference for Newman. Carr is good enough for now. They're NFL caliber athletes, but with 3rd - 4th round availability.

Newman is especially interesting, because he was poorly coached and has a lot of room to grow with better technique.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    On the one hand, this does feel like one of those off-seasons where the Raiders make a deal for a player that no one saw coming.

But on the other hand, unless we all fell asleep and woke up in a comic book world where Gruden has reality warping powers, getting someone like Trevor ain't gonna happen. We need to target someone more realistic here.

So many assets traded for any type of a gamble seems dumb

Thatís why the poor stay poor

Build a defense

We have an offense that can win a championship IMO. Especially if Ruggs develops.

We didnít maximize the running game at all last season

Waller is a monster

Build a defense that isnít balls

Michael Lombardi is reported that Washington is very interested in trading for Mariota. Maybe that Mariota for Payne swap would be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    5 of the first 10 teams need a qb. What makes you think that he'd fall to us by luck or through a trade? He's going within the first 5.
    First 5? I think heís a lock at #1. Never said heíd fall to us by luck. Weíd obviously have to trade. But... does he cost more to get than Wilson or Watson?

And only way Iíd think itís possible is if somehow the jags donít want to take the risk, and trade for Watson or Wilson... and Hou/Sea doesnít want that pick in return. Only slim chance would be some sort of 3 way Iíd assume.

That used to be the Raider way, and it was successful when well coached.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Michael Lombardi is reported that Washington is very interested in trading for Mariota. Maybe that Mariota for Payne swap would be happening?

I don't know why any team would want to trade for his contract. Unless they restructure
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.