Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 468 of 502 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 7522
  1. #7006
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,213
    I would not make a move for Watson. Or anyone else that required a ton of assets to get moved. Not unless we were in a position where one guy could put us over the top. We are nowhere near that position.

    -Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  2. #7007
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,935
    Deshaun Watson will cost 6 picks and a pro-bowl player. The Raiders may or may not make the playoffs with Watson.

    Leonard Williams will cost $20M per season, potentially less, and the Raiders won't need to give up anything to get him. The Raiders will make the playoffs with Leonard Williams on the roster.

    Seems obvious.

    *ETA - Let's say, worst case scenario, that Carr is just a loser who will find ways to lose. Hypothetically, the team still needs a defense that can win games. So... build the defense.
    Last edited by Shred003; 01-21-2021 at 11:48 AM.

  3. #7008
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Deshaun Watson will cost 6 picks and a pro-bowl player. The Raiders may or may not make the playoffs with Watson.

    Leonard Williams will cost $20M per season, potentially less, and the Raiders won't need to give up anything to get him. The Raiders will make the playoffs with Leonard Williams on the roster.

    Seems obvious.

    *ETA - Let's say, worst case scenario, that Carr is just a loser who will find ways to lose. Hypothetically, the team still needs a defense that can win games. So... build the defense.
    How much more of a factor can he be than Khalil Mack? How many times did Mack get us into the playoffs? I agree that our defense is complete garbage and needs to be addressed. We lost several games by a score or two. Looking at all the points that Carr left on the field it would have made all the difference. Defense is undoubtedly a major problem, I still feel Carr throwing games away isn't going to improve by getting a better defense. The one game by Mariota proved that a mobile QB would better fit this offense. Not to mention Carr wont put his body on the line to win a game.

  4. #7009
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    How much more of a factor can he be than Khalil Mack? How many times did Mack get us into the playoffs? I agree that our defense is complete garbage and needs to be addressed. We lost several games by a score or two. Looking at all the points that Carr left on the field it would have made all the difference. Defense is undoubtedly a major problem, I still feel Carr throwing games away isn't going to improve by getting a better defense. The one game by Mariota proved that a mobile QB would better fit this offense. Not to mention Carr wont put his body on the line to win a game.
    haha.... I guess you havn't watched a game this year.... Carr has shown he will give up his body to get a first down let alone score... You are wrong! What points did Carr leave on the table... Did you watch the Mariotta game cause he turned the ball over twice during scoring drives... If Carr finished that game we would of won..

    If we are watching the same games then you need to take off your Carr hating blind folds....

    With that said, If it was realistic and we could send Carr and our 1st to Houston, For Watson and a swap of Seconds then I am all for it. That is a fair trade.

  5. #7010
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    How much more of a factor can he be than Khalil Mack? How many times did Mack get us into the playoffs?
    I feel like there's more talent on defense amongst the supporting cast than there was when Mack was here. Guys like Crosby, Ferrell, Kwiatkoski, etc. aren't garbage. But they'd improve dramatically when they're the supporting cast as opposed to our best guys.

    We lost several games by a score or two. Looking at all the points that Carr left on the field it would have made all the difference. Defense is undoubtedly a major problem, I still feel Carr throwing games away isn't going to improve by getting a better defense. The one game by Mariota proved that a mobile QB would better fit this offense. Not to mention Carr wont put his body on the line to win a game.
    Hate to tell you, but every QB leaves points on the field. Hell, the one game MM played he missed some throws that cost us points that would have won that game.

    Whether DC is ultimately good enough or not, the fact remains that even HOF QBs don't get their teams to a winning record and the playoffs when their defense gives up an average of 30 a game.

    You could have Brees or Brady in his prime, and with this defense we'd still not have made the postseason.

  6. #7011
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,213
    I've been onboard the 'fix the defense and run the ball' train for a very long time now. Trading Carr would be a way to move those agendas forward.

    -Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  7. #7012
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I've been onboard the 'fix the defense and run the ball' train for a very long time now. Trading Carr would be a way to move those agendas forward.
    If I had faith in Gruden/Mayock to cash in the haul we'd likely get for DC, I'd be on board.

    More likely though we'll just end up going back to the kind of football we saw for most of the 2000's, where both sides of the ball sucked.

  8. #7013
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,457
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    How much more of a factor can he be than Khalil Mack? How many times did Mack get us into the playoffs? I agree that our defense is complete garbage and needs to be addressed. We lost several games by a score or two. Looking at all the points that Carr left on the field it would have made all the difference. Defense is undoubtedly a major problem, I still feel Carr throwing games away isn't going to improve by getting a better defense. The one game by Mariota proved that a mobile QB would better fit this offense. Not to mention Carr wont put his body on the line to win a game.
    Uh....we lost the Marriotta game,....because of bonehead defense. I give Marriotta credit, but that game looked like the Keystone cops in action. Granted, he went in unexpected. All of the failures in the red zone was in the second half of the year where our Oline was a mess. BTW, that also explains why the run game went south.

  9. #7014
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,182
    Why is everyone still staking claim to fix our defense? We ALL KNOW we need to fix the defense. Itís so obvious, it makes it cliche to state anymore. And drafting isnít the only way to get better on defense. Coaching had been a big part of the issues. So itís not a question of adding Watson OR improving the defense.

    We CAN do both.

    And while the Texans might be asking for 6 premium picks, that doesnít mean thatís what theyíll get. Maybe they will, but they could just be leaving room for negotiations. And we donít know Carrís value- either to the Texans or another team. So it could only cost us one or two picks and Carr. For this price, Iíd consider. For more, probably not.

    But honestly, I think thereís little chance we get him. Other teams are better options. Miami has some good picks, and Iím not sure theyíre sold on tua. Then the obvious teams with QB needs. And I wouldnít be surprised to see a team like the colts put in an offer.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 01-21-2021 at 04:18 PM.

  10. #7015
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,935
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I've been onboard the 'fix the defense and run the ball' train for a very long time now. Trading Carr would be a way to move those agendas forward.

    -Stork
    They can fix the defense and keep Carr, make the playoffs and give us hope.

    I suppose it's just a question of when you want the heart-break of '21 -- Early, Middle or Late?

  11. #7016
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,169
    People are finally letting go of the past and sobering to the fact that the Raiders have been a losing franchise for 30 years now. It's not a simple switch, as much as fixation that goes on in the forum.



    "..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

  12. #7017
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,196

  13. #7018
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    haha.... I guess you havn't watched a game this year.... Carr has shown he will give up his body to get a first down let alone score... You are wrong! What points did Carr leave on the table... Did you watch the Mariotta game cause he turned the ball over twice during scoring drives... If Carr finished that game we would of won..

    If we are watching the same games then you need to take off your Carr hating blind folds....

    With that said, If it was realistic and we could send Carr and our 1st to Houston, For Watson and a swap of Seconds then I am all for it. That is a fair trade.
    I disagree when it comes to carr's heart. he will throw the ball away if he sees his own shadow, no matter what down, field position or if the game / season is on the line. As for Marriota, he came in off the bench and looked every bit as good as carr with 3 years under this offense. yeah, he had a couple picks with little to no practice with the starting lineup. After 3 years, whats DC's excuse?

  14. #7019
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,871
    It's laughable comparing a bench warmer to Carr. Keep it coming though. Gets me a good laugh mid day
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  15. #7020
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    It's laughable comparing a bench warmer to Carr. Keep it coming though. Gets me a good laugh mid day
    Carr lover. You should marry him you love him so much.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •