Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 467 of 503 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 7533
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    The Texans want 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks. 6 premium picks.
    They're crazy. They really don't want to trade him. But if someone is crazy/desperate.......I would be shocked if that ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    He has a say obviously but Texans aren't just going to trade him for peanuts. Its already rumored Miami is his proffered destination. They have the 3rd and 18th pick this year. And Tua who was a lottery pick last year. Can the Raiders compete with that? Obviously not.
    Tua is their QB. Watson not going to Miami.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

I always felt like the good times ended the day Marcus Allen fumbled against the Eagles....**** went downhill after that.

I do understand about that 'stuck' feeling. I don't watch like I used to, but I cannot bring myself to even consider rooting for a different set of laundry.

-Stork

Evidently, I forgot how this works....meant to quote Prox.
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

The Texans want 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks. 6 premium picks.
    Iíd pass on that. But... if carr isnít that far off of Watson... what would carr get in a trade? 3 firsts?

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I always felt like the good times ended the day Marcus Allen fumbled against the Eagles....**** went downhill after that.

I do understand about that 'stuck' feeling. I don't watch like I used to, but I cannot bring myself to even consider rooting for a different set of laundry.

-Stork

Evidently, I forgot how this works....meant to quote Prox.
    I remember that game very well. First year of the Buddy Ball era for the Eagles. We traded scoring punt returns. Typical day for Plunkett-a couple of deep TD strikes, a couple of ill advised ints-money in the 4th quarter in what was supposed to be the game winning drive to clinch a post season berth.

Marcus fumbled trying to set up an easy FG. An 8-4 team went off the rails to finish 8-8.

I feel the same way, that something changed after that loss. Wolf walked a few years later. The Autumn winds began to fade.

Just throwing this out there- A#1 and #2 and Jalen Hurts for Carr? Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Are the eagles trading hurts? And If so, I think that would mean that they think wentz is the answer... so not sure why theyíd do that.

As a hypothetical, Iíd say yes. A younger/cheaper QB and draft picks? Could be a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Yet, we didn't win. And we stumbled, again, down the stretch.

Any faith in Carr, Gruden or any portion of the braintrust here is purely blind. Again though, its admirable. I used to that kind of fan. No more. Something here is not right....it stinks.

-Stork
    As I replied to you before on the topic, this won't change until Davis is not the owner.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Are the eagles trading hurts? And If so, I think that would mean that they think wentz is the answer... so not sure why theyíd do that.

As a hypothetical, Iíd say yes. A younger/cheaper QB and draft picks? Could be a good deal.
    Game film has caught up with Wentz and Philly is in salary cap purgatory with his contract.

No thanks. After Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts was the QB who threw the most inaccurate passes.

How about using those picks to get DL / LB who can help the Raiders get off the field on 3rd down? You know... improve the awful defense and win some games?

No thanks. After Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts was the QB who threw the most inaccurate passes.

How about using those picks to get DL / LB who can help the Raiders get off the field on 3rd down? You know... improve the awful defense and win some games?
    Carr has to do it all himself or he isn't worth keeping!

Honestly-I think fixing the defense is as much about how the Raiders have been using the chess pieces as opposed of being void of talent. Sure you can always use more talent but look at how Belichick has always been able turn a nobody into a somebody.

I really hope Gus can field a respectable defense. The groundwork he laid in Seattle led to one of the best defenses of this era.

Honestly-I think fixing the defense is as much about how the Raiders have been using the chess pieces as opposed of being void of talent. Sure you can always use more talent but look at how Belichick has always been able turn a nobody into a somebody.
    I think BB has explained his philosophy as pretty simply, figure out what your guys are good at, and what the opponents are not good at, and try to match it up to take advantage of that. Rather than try to shove guys into a particular box/philosophy/scheme that they may not fit into.

That said, he's also had at least a collection of pretty good players, particularly on the D front. Even when he didn't have a singular standout guy, he's mostly had a collection of good ones. I actually prefer that on defense ... you can let a guy walk when he gets expensive and more easily replace him than a superstar type.

I hate coaches who think it's all about their "system." It's not. You can have an overarching philosophy, and try to find guys who will fit that philosophy. But you can't always get the exact kind of talent you want ... it's far easier to successfully adjust a system to maximize the talents of a guy who can play but has limits, than it is to successfully get a limited player to do something outside of his comfort zone.

I really hope Gus can field a respectable defense. The groundwork he laid in Seattle led to one of the best defenses of this era.
    Most players have to be fairly talented to play in the NFL, obviously there is an "elite" tier. However, the majority of the NFL is composed of "non-elite" players and how coaches/teams are able to utilize them is what determines a lot of the success.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Tua is their QB. Watson not going to Miami.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Hmm Some think not. I wouldn't be shocked if Miami made some sort of move.